PDA

View Full Version : Trailering: Wakeboards in Racks? or Out of Racks?

Bulldgz
05-18-2007, 04:34 AM
I recently purchased a used 03 Mobius ls (practically brand new 69 hours on the engine) and have had the great pleasure of treating my family and friends to an amazing day of wakeboarding and wake skating just yesterday. We are absoulutely hooked! I'm sure my question has been covered numerous times in these bulletins, but I haven't located any info using the search.........So forgive me.

Here goes: :p

When trailering, is it safe to keep the wakeboards strapped in the tower rack while highway driving?

What do you experienced owners recommend?

Greatly appreciated!

Buttafewcoe
05-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Don't do it, not @ highway speeds. I live about 5 mins from the lake on a 45 mph speed limit road and even then if I happen to have my boards up I drive about 40 mph.
You gotta think to yourself, "is it worth it to trash your board by it flying out the rack and splintering on the ground just to try to make a fashion statement?"
I don't think I would, IMHO
Hope this helps
B

qb12
05-18-2007, 09:26 AM
plus you would have to look at the liability risk that you could face should one of the boards come off and hit a vehicle!!!

Smrtz
05-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Even if they dont fly out there is still the vibration factor so you could crack the board..
Boards are too expensive to take chances!!
protect your gear.
Dont do it!

Dave A
05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Out.

Bulldgz
05-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Much appreciated. I'll be sure to travel with the boards in the truck bed....Thanks for the info.

Smrtz
05-18-2007, 01:41 PM
One more thing about travelling with eth boards in the truck bed, make sure they have something between them and teh tailgate... One of my boards has a nasty gash from me stopping quick and it smashing into the back inside of the tailgate..

Cheers
Jay

Bulldgz
05-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Smrtz:I'll be sure to secure the boards in the bed...Thanks for the advice. Catch ya on the water.

csumerall
05-18-2007, 11:20 PM
I keep mine in the travel bags with a rachet strap through the shoulder straps and havent ever had a problem with them moving around on me

Buttafewcoe
05-19-2007, 07:09 AM
In my DD, I leave them behind the driver's seat. Seem to ride very well there.
B

llxlv
05-20-2007, 11:07 PM
What Butta said I store them in the boat. 4 wakeboards 2 surfboards. That way you never forget one.

superman
05-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Never leave them in the rack.
________
Honda NX650 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_NX650)

Nboard10
05-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I snowboard, so I always have snowboard racks on whatever ride I have. The last one I bought for my new Jeep also fits a wakeboard. I havnt been able to find any racks that can hold more than one board though...something to consider.

The other 2 boards normally go in the 3rd row of the jeep. The only time I ever trailer with the boards in is when I am at the marina and load em on at the dock to drop the boat in the water ;)