PDA

View Full Version : Boat sauce/cleaner

Bmac
03-28-2023, 10:46 PM
My dealer got a new boat sauce in stock called SKIPS so I thought I would give it a try. I will try to attach some pictures but it took some stingy water spots off that I wasn’t able to get off with hot sauce. I was a big believer in hot sauce until I tried this stuff. It has a hint of a vinegar smell but mostly smells like coconut. It left a really nice wax on it as well. They have several other products such as interior cleaners, foam floor cleaners, and vinyl conditioner. The interior spot remover actually worked well on a couple spots inside. My dealer is out of the foam floor cleaner (for gator step), but I am excited to try it. I always had problems with the spray bottles breaking if anyone ever accidentally dropped them but the SKIPS bottles are way nicer. Definitely will be my go to from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildH
03-28-2023, 10:59 PM
My dealer got a new boat sauce in stock called SKIPS so I thought I would give it a try. I will try to attach some pictures but it took some stingy water spots off that I wasn’t able to get off with hot sauce. I was a big believer in hot sauce until I tried this stuff. It has a hint of a vinegar smell but mostly smells like coconut. It left a really nice wax on it as well. They have several other products such as interior cleaners, foam floor cleaners, and vinyl conditioner. The interior spot remover actually worked well on a couple spots inside. My dealer is out of the foam floor cleaner (for gator step), but I am excited to try it. I always had problems with the spray bottles breaking if anyone ever accidentally dropped them but the SKIPS bottles are way nicer. Definitely will be my go to from now on.

Got a link to it anywhere?

Bmac
03-28-2023, 11:32 PM
Buyskips.com

This stuff makes me excited for warmer weather.

Josh828
03-29-2023, 10:36 AM
Edit been deep into their website, still confused on their auto spray bottles for some and 16oz for others..

"Hit the deck" Gator step cleaner.. Comes in the large sprayer. But I would think only use for deep cleans imo so why the big bottle?

"secret weapon" Water spot and wax.. Comes in the large sprayer, spray down entire outside of the boat daily okay makes sense..

"Sleek Seats" Vinyl cleaner and conditioner.. Comes in the small bottle? Non refillable looks like? This would be daily use as well so why no big bottle??

"Spot blaster" All purpose cleaner.. bad spots, small bottle makes sense

larry_arizona
03-29-2023, 10:42 AM
Always interested in another brand cleaner.

Look forward to honest reviews.

HFarr
03-29-2023, 01:06 PM
I'm game for trying some.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
03-29-2023, 01:30 PM
Been struggling using the Hula gnarly #9, really streaky and labor intensive and this is the newest formulation.

Hot Sauce is still the best I have tried and I prefer making my own with carpro Ech20 with white vinegar.

Holdmybeer
03-29-2023, 04:33 PM
I 2nd Hot Sauce...so down to try something that is "better".

Larry your concoction works pretty darn well! It's easy to buy Hot Sauce at Walmart and hard to find ECH20 locally. Only reason I still use it.

Dawn dish soap cleans gaterstep pretty good. I put it on with a hand sprayer deluted with hot water, and them use my power washer with delicate nozzle. This took out red Gatorade (which is now a banned substance)

larry_arizona
03-29-2023, 04:48 PM
I 2nd Hot Sauce...so down to try something that is "better".

Larry your concoction works pretty darn well! It's easy to buy Hot Sauce at Walmart and hard to find ECH20 locally. Only reason I still use it.

Dawn dish soap cleans gaterstep pretty good. I put it on with a hand sprayer deluted with hot water, and them use my power washer with delicate nozzle. This took out red Gatorade (which is now a banned substance)

Carpro is easiest to find online. Amazon, detailed image and Autogeek are my go to's

CARPRO ECH2O Waterless Wash, High Gloss Detail Spray, Rinse-Less Wash, and Clay Lubricant Concentrate - 1 Liter (34oz) https://a.co/d/foar8mc

I liter makes 10-15 liters of spot remover waterless wash with ceramic in it.

Mxmark4
03-29-2023, 07:01 PM
Carpro worked awesome last year with the vinegar and distilled water. Kept my mondo lookin clean. Got a bottle ready to go for the craz.

HFarr
03-29-2023, 08:35 PM
I just ordered a bottle of the Skips. Will report back on how it compares to the Hot Sauce I am currently using. I gotta know.....

WildH
03-29-2023, 09:04 PM
Buyskips.com

This stuff makes me excited for warmer weather.

Interesting. Looks like a nice sprayer and price is in line or slightly less that hot sauce. Did you find out left a nice wax/water repellent?

Bmac
03-30-2023, 03:59 PM
It is still snowing in my hometown so I was just messing around out in the shop with this stuff. I wish I had more info but it felt like it left a decent wax. Time will tell but for me it seemed to clean up better. The smell was 10 times better and the spray bottles were way nicer. I keep my “sauce” in my boat and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve broken a bottle and had it leak under the seats or in the back of my pickup. Just for clarification I’m not claiming this stuff will be magic. I just tried it and feel like it meets my needs better than anything I’ve personally tried so thought I would pass that along. Peeps on this thread helped me dial my surf wave in so I’m just passing the buck.

brad460
03-30-2023, 10:19 PM
Soon as my bottle of hot sauce was empty, I filled it with a mixture of water, vinegar and Meguiars car detail mist… No one would know the difference aside from the smell.

Just paying for the fancy name and bottle on all these products..

mgswake
03-30-2023, 11:06 PM
Carpro is easiest to find online. Amazon, detailed image and Autogeek are my go to's

CARPRO ECH2O Waterless Wash, High Gloss Detail Spray, Rinse-Less Wash, and Clay Lubricant Concentrate - 1 Liter (34oz) https://a.co/d/foar8mc

I liter makes 10-15 liters of spot remover waterless wash with ceramic in it.

+1, I used @Larry_arizona formula last summer with great results. wiped down after every trip. quick and easy.

HFarr
03-31-2023, 10:29 AM
So I am guessing it's really the vinegar that is the main ingredient in this mix?

larry_arizona
03-31-2023, 12:14 PM
So I am guessing it's really the vinegar that is the main ingredient in this mix?

It's appx 10:1 distilled water to carpro Ech20. Then fill your spray bottle 80% and top off with 15-20% white vinegar and shake.

I am going to add a few drops of some essential oil my wife has to see if it masks the vinegar scent better.