PDA

View Full Version : Dealer pricing

2in2out
01-13-2023, 05:05 PM
While at the shop picking up our SA for some warranty work, I overheard the sales staff meeting discussing new pricing.

Supras will get up to 10% dealer discount, Moombas will be full retail for 2023 until further notice.

Last year this time, our ‘22 came with 16% dealer discount. I never asked about Moomba.

Info for those that may be looking for purchase, and may be constrained to our dealer only.

2022 SA 450

HFarr
01-13-2023, 06:25 PM
Wow. If that's true, that will keep the used market values high.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

sandm
01-13-2023, 07:40 PM
Wow. If that's true, that will keep the used market values high.

going to be interesting to watch this year play out. interest rates are 2-4% higher than last year and betting they continue to creep up slowly. onlyinboards has gone over 4k listed for the first time since 3/20 and over 1k are 2023's.

skiers seems to always do a much better job than most at matching supply against demand tho..

MJHSupra
01-14-2023, 11:38 AM
In years past, it was not comparable when looking at Supra vs Moomba discounts b/c the pricing structure was different. I think a few years ago that changed for all dealers to Berger allign them.

Volume and mix of boats by dealer probably determines what discount they will offer or try to offer and see how the market reacts. Does SC even post prices on the builder anymore?

I'm not up to date on prices for the 23 models. Spoke to my dealer when they first came out, but not sure how 23 sales are going and the number of build slots filling up - assume a little slower vs last year, but SC has limited numbers of builds.

Usually people are posting pics of boat show deals on the internet. Have not seen those yet.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Mxmark4
01-14-2023, 01:54 PM
The moomba builder only showed a starting price. And its awful high to me. When I thought we were gonna build a mojo the initial price I was quoted was around base price. When We actually built it out and submitted it to dealer it jumped up quite a bit and we realized it wasnt gonna happen to get a brand new boat. Prices and interest rates just made it not worth it. The new dash and the in floor battery box wasnt enough to sway me to drop what they are asking for a new mojo,even rhough wife loved it and those were her fave parts of the boat.

russellsmojo
01-14-2023, 04:29 PM
Builder works terrible on phone so I have not looked in a long time! But pretty sure it just showed msrp base price. Would love to see the software be suitable for phone use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgswake
01-14-2023, 04:32 PM
The Supra app has the potential to be really cool. You could actually sit in the boat and move your phone around to look around the boat. It didn’t work great and was kind of hard to use, but could be really neat.

larry_arizona
01-14-2023, 05:56 PM
The Supra builder blows now.

russellsmojo
01-15-2023, 01:47 PM
The Supra builder blows now.

I was trying to be appreciative but with feedback lol. I like your style though [emoji3]

larry_arizona
01-15-2023, 03:13 PM
Loved the ability to build and cost everything online with the old Supra builder, was by far the best builder of all the OEM’s

The new builder is clunky on the phone as mentioned and this year, removed all option pricing. Graphics are good, but functionality and build/cost info is lost.

mgswake
01-15-2023, 09:33 PM
I don’t think they want people knowing the prices these days. They are terribly high. IMO

MJHSupra
01-16-2023, 10:27 AM
I don’t think they want people knowing the prices these days. They are terribly high. IMO

Agree, it might we part of the new "sales approach".

You walk into the dealer,
You tell them what you want or look at that boat in the showroom,
You ask the price,
They tell you the price,
If you are not running for the door, the salesman is thinking "Fish-On - I got a one on the line, now time to use my close the deal lines."

larry_arizona
01-16-2023, 11:08 AM

You ask the price,
They tell you the price,
If you are not running for the door, the salesman is thinking "Fish-On - I got a one on the line, now time to use my close the deal lines."

Defineatly!!

Plus 2021 and 2022, pricing was very upward fluid lol.

mgswake
01-16-2023, 03:21 PM
I bought a 2023 and that's sort of how I feel. Luckily the dealer made a mistake and sold me a build slot they didn't end up having in fall of 2021, so I ended up with a 2023 at 2022 pricing.

I never thought I would buy new at these prices. The only reason I bought new was covid completely flipped the used market on its head. I was tracking used G23 prices and they were in the 80-90K range for 2016/2017 models during 2018-2019. Once covid hit those same boats went up to 120k and are now 3 years older. So the difference between used and new was only 20-30k versus 50-60k.

I don't see how an SA could be had for 100k out the door 4-5 years ago and now they are 150-160k. I don't believe for a second there is any reason for that much of an increase other than manufacturer greed. And this is what I have seen across all brands not Skiers choice specific.

larry_arizona
01-26-2023, 11:30 AM
I bought a 2023 and that's sort of how I feel. Luckily the dealer made a mistake and sold me a build slot they didn't end up having in fall of 2021, so I ended up with a 2023 at 2022 pricing.

I never thought I would buy new at these prices. The only reason I bought new was covid completely flipped the used market on its head. I was tracking used G23 prices and they were in the 80-90K range for 2016/2017 models during 2018-2019. Once covid hit those same boats went up to 120k and are now 3 years older. So the difference between used and new was only 20-30k versus 50-60k.

I don't see how an SA could be had for 100k out the door 4-5 years ago and now they are 150-160k. I don't believe for a second there is any reason for that much of an increase other than manufacturer greed. And this is what I have seen across all brands not Skiers choice specific.

In fairness, the only 100K new SA’s were Gen 2’s from 2018, once they updated the gen2 interior in 2019, they were more.

Then the Gen3 SA launched in 2020 with several upgrades. And yes, then the prices jumped $30k+.

JimLevin
01-26-2023, 01:27 PM

I agree with this too on new vs. used. When used boats are selling at or over their orignal MSRP with 3 to 5 years use on them, I'd rather buy new too. That is the quandary a few people I know are in. They just washed their hands of crazy hight used boats and bought new. This will eventually flip the market back to pre-covi, pre clot sh0t pricing b/c why buy used when for a few thousand more, you can get new with a warranty and get much better resale? The high-used-price situation drives a lot of new boat sales and gets more boats on the market too. I am sure all manufactures know this well. No advantage of buying used when there's no price break. When the market does correct, though, those who bought high used prices will get destroyed and be so far upside down they might not ever come back to the market. The discounts are back, at boat shows, thank goodness but still really high for waht is essentially, a toy.

JimLevin
01-26-2023, 01:32 PM

You ask the price,
They tell you the price,

I really hate not listing prices, it is the #1 turn off for me when shopping. I need to know the price and need to know if I can even play the game. To have to take time out of my day to go ask or call and ask is such a pain and an immediate deal killer, I try to find dealers who will show pricing. Drives me nuts when shopping for anything a price is not showing. I always use the "exclude if no price listed" feature on OI. Same thing for real estate.

If the price ain't listed, I just move on. Don't have time for salesman games and time wasting. Price drives everything, so just tell me what you're asking.

If you won't show the price, that means you are ashamed of it or are not confident in the price structure. Also means the salesmen are making a killing. Could you imagine having to constantly ask someone in Publix or Walmart constantly, how much is this?

HFarr
01-26-2023, 02:58 PM
I agree with that logic!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

stretch55
01-27-2023, 01:28 PM
We just bought our 2023 Mojo and we got about 13% off MSRP.

larry_arizona
01-27-2023, 01:37 PM
We just bought our 2023 Mojo and we got about 13% off MSRP.

Highest discount I have ever heard of on a moomba. Great job!!!