PDA

View Full Version : Norris Lake Event Aug 2023

MJHSupra
01-12-2023, 12:46 AM
Zach @ Premier posted this on social media a few weeks ago:

SAVE THE DATE!!!! August 4th-6th we are doing our yearly Supra and Moomba owners tie up on Norris Lake TN. It will be in Boy Scout Cove again up water from Stardust Marina. Buddys BBQ will be sponsoring the tie up this year so I will need everyone to register this year for who is attending so we have a accurate count for food. This is a free event. I will let you all know soon where to register soon. Look forward to see you all this summer on the water.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Mxmark4
01-12-2023, 07:19 AM
Man we had an amazing time up there last year. If you didnt go I would highly suggest coming this year!

MJHSupra
07-17-2023, 01:08 PM
Bumping this back up. There was just a post about the event on social media. I will cut/paste that info into this thread.

MJHSupra
07-17-2023, 01:22 PM
The 2023 SUPRA and MOOMBA Tie Up is coming in hot! We will meet once again in Boy Scout Cove (highlighted in red on map) on August 5th on Norris Lake in Tennessee.

This year our Hyperlite rep is coming back with some of the new 2024 products for you all to demo. For the first time ever, we will have Flight Board E-foils for demo. Last but not least, the biggest new thing everyone cares about, all-new 2024 Supra and Moomba Boats ready for you to all drool over and ride behind!

Now for the details. We will be in Boy Scout cove once again on Norris Lake, TN. We will be ready to start the tie up first thing in the morning, please come as early as you want. Please do NOT tie to the house boat. Like last year, please tie parallel with the shore line so we can keep the center open to allow the 2024 Skiers Choice boats to make their way out. Buddy’s BBQ is helping sponsor the event and bringing some goods to fill our belly's Saturday afternoon. I do need everyone to RSVP your boat and the amount of people so they can bring the proper amount of food. Please email me at [email protected] by August 1st. The boat and board rides will get started after lunch. We will be hanging out and parting until the moon goes down.

Hope to see and talk to everyone that can make it. See you all on the water.

MJHSupra
07-17-2023, 01:23 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230717/c3d1a979df7a86e03f87711006890caa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
07-17-2023, 04:57 PM
Is this only a Saturday event?
I won't arrive to our lake house until late afternoon that day. We are at Cedar Creek south tip of Deerfield. Boat ride doesn't look bad but pretty sure I'll miss the rides by the time we get settled.

HFarr
07-17-2023, 05:10 PM
Arrrghhh!!! Figures! I already have plans to be in Ft Lauderdale that weekend that I can'tget out of! Please take lots of pictures. It seems my schedule never works out with these things.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Mxmark4
07-17-2023, 08:39 PM
It was Saturday but they were still out there Sunday last year. Come out and have a beer @holdmy beer!

MJHSupra
07-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last year the local dealer brought 1-2 new models. They rented a houseboat that was there all weekend. Main gatering spot all weekend.

Drew also brought a new boat on Saturday.

Big crowd was there on Saturday, but there are plenty of SC boats on Norris to show up both days.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
07-18-2023, 09:21 AM
Good news. Sunday will be much easier to come down. After driving down and unpacking no one usually wants to run the lake. If the party goes all night, I'll see who wants to make the boat ride.

How are the logs are this part of the water?

MJHSupra
07-18-2023, 09:43 AM
How are the logs are this part of the water?

You should be fine, but keep an eye out. Lake is within the operating range, probably down 5 feet from last year, but that is not that much considering they drop the lake 20-25' for winter pool and spring rain. Spring and early summer are the bad months when the lake is rising and not yet at full pool.

On that end of the lake, that is where most of the boat traffic is. Lots of OH and KY peeps for the weekend and week stays, so it's more bumpy than logs. Sometimes like an ocean in some parts.

Holdmybeer
07-18-2023, 02:50 PM
You should be fine, but keep an eye out. Lake is within the operating range, probably down 5 feet from last year, but that is not that much considering they drop the lake 20-25' for winter pool and spring rain. Spring and early summer are the bad months when the lake is rising and not yet at full pool.

On that end of the lake, that is where most of the boat traffic is. Lots of OH and KY peeps for the weekend and week stays, so it's more bumpy than logs. Sometimes like an ocean in some parts.

Yeah....I are one of those Ohio peeps. We typically stay on the south side of the lake into Cinch River area (east of Bubba's). The traffic is non-existent but we had to move or drive around several trees a few times. We are going to see how this goes. Everyone wanted a bigger house with the kids growing up and I have my concerns about dock placement at this place.

MJHSupra
07-18-2023, 03:54 PM
Yeah....I are one of those Ohio peeps. We typically stay on the south side of the lake into Cinch River area (east of Bubba's). The traffic is non-existent but we had to move or drive around several trees a few times. We are going to see how this goes. Everyone wanted a bigger house with the kids growing up and I have my concerns about dock placement at this place.

During the week it's not bad, but the weekends can get nutty on the side closest to I-75 if you are on the main channel. Most peeps hang at the Jump Bridge off Cedar Creek - past Deerfield and Sugar Hollow.

My friends are located on the "Bubba's Side", so that's where we prefer to spend most of our time. Sometimes we have Friday afternoon surf sessions before the crowds get out there.

Mxmark4
07-19-2023, 09:35 AM
I was amazed at how calm it was last year hanging out around stardust. We spent 3 days out there and traffic was way less than Loudon on a weekend. I don't know where I am staying this year and may end up ca.ping at big Ridge if I can't find an air bnb on the water.