PDA

View Full Version : Life Jackets for Taller Dudes

bergermaister
12-13-2022, 01:23 PM
Any recommendations for a particular brand of lifejacket for taller guys? My son is 6'6", medium build. Just about anything he wears looks like a kiddy vest on him. Looking for a comp style vest.

WM has on on sale right now with their daily deals I'm considering but no way to tell how the fit would be.

https://www.wakemakers.com/products/radar-tidal-comp-vest-2022

996scott
12-13-2022, 05:15 PM
I can't comment on the fit, but if you buy through WM they have free returns if i'm not mistaken. You could try it on and then sent it back if it doesn't work. I don't know if you have used comp vests much but we've been using them for a bout 3 seasons now and ablsolutely love them. Thin and comfortable.

cozilla
12-13-2022, 05:53 PM
Im 6'7 270 and wear an XXL Follow Surf Edition Plus comp vest. Length is great for me as well as the fit.

bergermaister
12-13-2022, 07:20 PM
Yep - my daughter has had one for a few years now - she's 5'11" and like a size 2 or maybe 4 so finding a good fit for her was a challenge as well. Brother had tried hers but he's way too big now.

I'm kinda hoping his will fit me at 6'3" and 215. We shall see.

I'm looking at the Follow brand, no Surf Editions in mens seem to be available. Which has me wondering if all the Follow vests just run a little longer.?

cozilla
12-14-2022, 10:08 AM
I couldn't find the surf edition and where when searching to reply to your thread. They might not make it anymore. The surf edition is the happy fit which adds a little more room around the mid section. Not sure if that equates to more length (I doubt it) but if you get one that fits correctly, the length might work.

MJHSupra
12-14-2022, 12:11 PM
I have a few Ronix CGA ones. Love them, although one of them had some thread issues - coming undone around the bottom. Since it was 2yo, it was out of warranty when I contracted customer support, but Ronix offered to sell me another at cost (or at least 1/2 of MSRP of $199). So it was a really good vest for $99.

The others I found on-sale for around $125ish on year end close outs.

They are longer than an average vest.

cucv
12-14-2022, 03:13 PM
I have a few Ronix CGA ones. Love them, although one of them had some thread issues - coming undone around the bottom. Since it was 2yo, it was out of warranty when I contracted customer support, but Ronix offered to sell me another at cost (or at least 1/2 of MSRP of $199). So it was a really good vest for $99.

The others I found on-sale for around $125ish on year end close outs.

They are longer than an average vest.Thanks for the tip, just ordered one.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tommy2slow
12-14-2022, 05:59 PM
The Shaun Murray vest from JetPilot is longer in the torso, might be an option. Not a comp vest but has thinner padding than most CGA vests.