PDA

View Full Version : Pavati sighting

dyrmz134
11-02-2022, 10:47 AM
Figured you guys might be interested in seeing these. It is in a Wet Sounds booth at SEMA this year. Note the pole....

sandm
11-02-2022, 12:01 PM
knowing the kid that's running Pavati on the old man's dime, not surprising. he brought a blow up "doll" to the 2012 polar bear as his +1. slept on the boat passed out every night of the weekend.

nice kid tho.

SONIC
11-02-2022, 02:56 PM
Just as classless as ever.
Blows my mind that people want to be associated with such garbage.

dyrmz134
11-02-2022, 03:08 PM
Just as classless as ever.
Blows my mind that people want to be associated with such garbage.

It’s just so over the top design wise. Which obviously appeals to a certain market. But I stood around it for an hour or so and people initial reaction was similar : started with awe and interest but ended with “ehh too gaudy.”

larry_arizona
11-02-2022, 06:20 PM
The kid running Pavati is odd to say it kindly.

After watching Heavy D sink his Pavati and recover it, the Pavati owner was involved and was just unprofessional.

Stout boat, has some poorly engineered issues that are risks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
11-02-2022, 07:04 PM
My buddy bought a 24 Supra from Louisiana years ago from a divorced doctor. Came with a “pole” that fit over the ski pylon.

Bigs28
11-02-2022, 07:44 PM
My buddy bought a 24 Supra from Louisiana years ago from a divorced doctor. Came with a “pole” that fit over the ski pylon.

I can only guess why he got divorced

SONIC
11-03-2022, 09:01 AM
It’s just so over the top design wise. Which obviously appeals to a certain market. But I stood around it for an hour or so and people initial reaction was similar : started with awe and interest but ended with “ehh too gaudy.”

I've said it before but it's the affliction tee of the boat world. Absurdly over-priced, gaudy, and meaningless.
Some people no matter how much money they have just dont' have class.
These are the guys who give us all a bad name on the water (whether they can afford a pavati or not)

KnoxMojo
11-03-2022, 11:46 AM

If you are still there, check out the RM Motorwerks CTS-V they built. Also, the Deberti drift truck should be making some passes. They own a Malibu on Lake Norman and surf a lot.

A few have sent me that Pavati, fugly.

larry_arizona
11-03-2022, 12:11 PM
Well one thing about SEMA, most designs go over the top. It’s all about the attention.

I found the SEMA wetsounds pavati on IG and it’s pretty gaudy and the stripper pole is just for that absurd factor. Not the first wake boat stripper pole I have seen.

Strike it up as SEMA wow factor and here we are chatting about it, good or bad, there is no such thing as bad attention.

Holdmybeer
11-03-2022, 12:27 PM
Strike it up as SEMA wow factor and here we are chatting about it, good or bad, there is no such thing as bad attention.

Pretty much the point of the show. Press coverage is press coverage.

As for Pavati as a brand, I agree with everyone. They have design flaws and Heavy D sinking his points to several of these flaws. However, still a Raptor motor, still Wet sounds and similar electronics as Skiers, Malibu, etc. So hard to complain about those things. The aluminum hull would be nice in some instances.

Would be nice to see a "normal" person's design of a Pavati and get everyone's opinion but that isn't the brands purpose.

sandm
11-03-2022, 12:34 PM
don't remember if this is the actual boat but back in the 2007-2010 timeframe, there were pics circulating on WW of the boat that had the pole and tap at havasu. the pic of the hotel room at the nautical inn showed over 16 pony kegs empty against the wall during the week party.
there will always be "that guy" in any recreational hobby :)

https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/rvrrat350/laborday10002.jpg

even caddy's get into the mix...
https://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11495&stc=1&d=1296580944

mgswake
11-03-2022, 01:58 PM
16 pony kegs > lead

would make a great wave if you ever made it out of the party cove, although you may not want to be around that boat if the driver is severely inebriated.

MJHSupra
11-04-2022, 08:48 AM
Never seen a Pavati in the wild.

Not that I could afford one or would want one, but I would love to spend an afternoon riding and driving one.

Maybe the guy on Norris that owns two G23 Paragons will buy one.

HFarr
11-04-2022, 09:01 AM
At just over 360K for an equipped G25 Paragon, they aren't too far removed from the Pavati market!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

BigOrange
11-04-2022, 11:43 AM
What in the world does guy do to have 2 paragons on Norris?

HFarr
11-04-2022, 12:05 PM
I have 2 Jetskis. [emoji38]

Zog
11-04-2022, 01:20 PM

You can leave the ballast in for port and starboard sides and not have to shift anything around. ;)

vdubnick
11-04-2022, 01:25 PM
theres a shitty ol 2008ish centurion enzo that looks like its been stored in an open field the last 10 years, that runs one of our lakes with a stripper pole.... needless to say, the girls they bring out match the condition of the boat. hahahaha

vdubnick
11-04-2022, 01:27 PM
At just over 360K for an equipped G25 Paragon, they aren't too far removed from the Pavati market!

friend of mine just sold is 2021 G23 Paragon because he only used it a couple times a year... nice boat, nice wave, but about 100k more than its worth IMO

larry_arizona
11-04-2022, 08:24 PM

Just like having 2 batteries in a boat, one for odd days and one for even days.

cucv
11-05-2022, 07:27 AM
What in the world does guy do to have 2 paragons on Norris?2 boat bowl surfing

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
11-06-2022, 07:25 PM

Same guy was the first private person to get a ride to the space station.

https://connorgroup.com/news/surprise-homecoming-for-ax-1-pilot/

We had 3 Supras on Norris last summer for a week. There was a G23 Paragon in our cove that week. One day the guy came over to talk to us during a tie-up. He told us about how he works for the Connor Company and how generous the owner was to his employees - he was just using one of the company boats.

I’ve heard of this guy and the company. Seen his big azz house on the lake, so I knew this guy was not telling us BS.

The employees get to come to Norris and use his boats for free anytime they want. Company perk. This guy bought real estate for hat company.

Dudes that ride in spaceships don’t worry about a few little boats.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221106/290666da1a6894a52e361994db7eb863.jpg

larry_arizona
11-07-2022, 12:33 PM
Now that makes sense!!!

BigOrange
11-08-2022, 08:12 PM
Definitely- I’m in the wrong frame of mind! I just don’t equate that type of coin / business success with owning TN lake property. It’s cool that he is offering to his employees

HFarr
11-08-2022, 08:13 PM
That is really cool of him. And why not? People work better for a boss they like.

KnoxMojo
11-09-2022, 12:42 PM
Definitely- I’m in the wrong frame of mind! I just don’t equate that type of coin / business success with owning TN lake property. It’s cool that he is offering to his employees

There's big big big money on Norris Lake. A lot are FIFO's, some are local, some are from Knoxville. Lots of people outta Kentucky, Virginia and Ohio come to Norris. Reason is Dale Hollow doesn't really have houses or rentals, neither does Cumberland.

larry_arizona
11-09-2022, 10:14 PM
There's big big big money on Norris Lake. A lot are FIFO's, some are local, some are from Knoxville. Lots of people outta Kentucky, Virginia and Ohio come to Norris. Reason is Dale Hollow doesn't really have houses or rentals, neither does Cumberland.

Yes!!!! FIFO’s

ramobman55
01-10-2023, 01:27 PM
Stout boat, has some poorly engineered issues that are risks.

Curious what are their issues? Not a fan of their design (and absolutely out of range price wise) but I would assume an aluminum boat would be an exceptionally over-engineered solution.

larry_arizona
01-10-2023, 08:31 PM
The one big design issue is they don’t use a threaded drain plug, they use a cheap rubber expansion plug and they have been known to fall out.