PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Raptor 400 fluid clarification

eder10986
10-12-2022, 11:46 AM
This might be a stupid question so if I get burned for it so be it!

We have a 2017 Supra with the raptor 400 engine.

Are the v drive and transmission the same thing? I know the red dipstick is shifting and yellow is v drive.

It’s time to replace fluids and I’m confused what to buy. Do they both take the same or do they have different requirements.

I promise I won’t ask this question again. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
10-12-2022, 02:00 PM
Not a stupid question.
They are different fluids.

V-drive is Mobil 1 delvac sync 50 - should be a sign next to the dipstick
Transmission is Dexron 6

eder10986
10-12-2022, 02:50 PM
Thank you!!!

KnoxMojo
10-13-2022, 07:02 PM
This might be a stupid question so if I get burned for it so be it!

We have a 2017 Supra with the raptor 400 engine.

Are the v drive and transmission the same thing? I know the red dipstick is shifting and yellow is v drive.

It’s time to replace fluids and I’m confused what to buy. Do they both take the same or do they have different requirements.

I promise I won’t ask this question again. Thanks!

Can make it easy on you. Go the in Indmar site and download your year owners manual for your engine. Go to the Supra site, download the owners manual for your year boat. Between the 2, you will have all the info you could ever need. Part numbers, specs, fluids, diagrams, everything. Good luck.

eder10986
10-14-2022, 07:52 AM
Can make it easy on you. Go the in Indmar site and download your year owners manual for your engine. Go to the Supra site, download the owners manual for your year boat. Between the 2, you will have all the info you could ever need. Part numbers, specs, fluids, diagrams, everything. Good luck.

Thanks!!! Got them downloaded.

KnoxMojo
10-14-2022, 12:31 PM
Thanks!!! Got them downloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Anytime! I use them all the time for reference. The important sections I have screen shot on my phone.