PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Bigs28
10-10-2022, 12:55 PM
I have other threads posted here with what's all broken on my boat but in a nutshell electronics are screwed. No throttle with cruise control, tabs not working, displacement sensors not working, tabs, autowake, etc not working.

I received my 21 mojo brand new July of last year so basically 15 months ago. Only boat purchase prior to this was an old 17' hydrasport for 4k. This was the largest purchase ive ever made besides my house. It was supposed to be the dream purchase for the family and has been nothing but a nightmare. It has been in the shop for greater then 20% of the time ive owned it. This time i dropped it off August 12th and they told me 2 weeks. It's been over 8. My dealer called me last week and told me they have no clue how to fix it. They have contracted skiers choice who has no clue how to fix it. They have tried software updates and changes and whatever else they can think of. They are now telling me i can come back and pick up my broken boat until they can figure out a fix.

I just don't even know what to do. Buying a moomba has been the biggest mistake of my life and i regret it everyday. Im just lost at this point and making the payment on the 15th of every month is sickening.

SSurfer321
10-10-2022, 01:17 PM
An option would be to contact a lawyer.

Under both state lemon laws and under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, consumers are responsible for notifying the manufacturer or the company that holds the warranty about the issue. Beyond notification, the company cannot require further conditions or responsibilities on the consumer.

Depending on your warranty, however, you may be required to allow the manufacturer or the company holding the warranty the opportunity to repair your boat. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act requires that a reasonable number of repair attempts be performed and, if the boat still contains the defect, the company is then obligated to offer a refund or replacement under the warranty.

sandm
10-10-2022, 01:28 PM
reach out to drew tinker at skiers choice. have spoken to him a few times and he seems like a genuine guy. give him the whole story and I suspect both of you will be able to find a solution that works for all.

boats like this are hand built not assembly line like cars so issues and lemon boats will happen. sounds like your dealer is not that versed in how to truly troubleshoot this and hopefully drew can help get you and them on the right path toward a successful 2023 boating season either in your current or in a new whip....

good luck and keep us all posted.

MJHSupra
10-10-2022, 01:29 PM
Sounds like all the parties need to get on a phone call and make a plan with a timetable. Nothing against your dealer, but I (personally) would want to hear from SC or Indmar when the dealer is working with them. I would be asking when does the situation get to a point where the boat gets sent back to TN to be worked on.

Give SC a chance to respond and make it right - sounds like you are. Most social media keyboard warriors start to throw the Attorney and Sue words, but it's better in the long run if all of that CAN be avoided.

Sucks.

996scott
10-10-2022, 01:32 PM
I don't know much about the "lemmon laws" but this sounds like it would apply to me. I'm really sorry to hear of all these problems, i really hope you can get this resolved. good luck and keep us informed on what's happening.

Mxmark4
10-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Ask your dealer to send boat back to skiers or to give you a new mojo. Theres no reason for that, mistakes happen, software reflashes dont fix everything and in my previous career I had several cars that I thought I had fixed but as soon as owner picked them up issues began again. I hate to hear you have had so many problems. At this point SC needs to get it back and figure it out. It sucks to make payments on anything that is defective but give them a chance to make it right.

larry_arizona
10-10-2022, 05:57 PM
Curious if you have talked to Skiers directly and if so, what did they say?

Having been on the SC tour and seeing 25+ year old boats getting a hull warranty taken care of, they appear to stand by their warranty claims.

Give them a chance my friend.

I certainly understand the frustration and disappointment. I would be livid but proactively in direct contact with SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayden
10-10-2022, 06:43 PM
I feel for you dude. Paying for something so expensive and not getting to use it would crush me. I suggest following up with all that's been said above and run it all to ground. Keep us posted as well, there maybe more details that we can help with, (I have the same boat/year and encountered some issues with things like the tabs not resetting, and having to shutdown/restart).

I will also say, that there is a silver lining if they can make it right - when you put enough people or modded extra weight onto this boat, it gives you the experience you were obviously initially looking for and then some.

We hosted 7 families over July, taught a dozen new people to surf, and got feedback from the ones that already could, that had that they couldn't believe how easy it was to surf compared to other boats (THE PUSH).

Hoping you can get to the end of the tunnel here and get some good news.

Tommy2slow
10-11-2022, 06:49 AM
It seems like the issue is with your dealer and possible incompetence. I had a lot of issues with a new MC the first season. My dealer told me to drop the boat off at the end of the season ( even with the issues, it was still “usable”) and they would keep it in heated storage and sort through all the issues. I picked the boat up the next spring and all was fixed and the tank was even full! For them to tell to come get your inoperable boat because they can’t figure it out is inexcusable! I agree with MJHSupra, get on the phone with the other two parties and sort through this. I think you will be pleased with what Skiers will come up with. I’m sorry that you have a such and unpleasant ownership experience up till now but once you are in direct contact with SC things will start looking up.

SONIC
10-11-2022, 09:52 AM
What a mess.

The key to these situations is to stay calm and be firm and persistent.

Do not pick up the boat, out of sight out of mind for them. They can store the boat (and you expect it to be stored inside and winterized) until it's repaired or they can send it to skiiers to repair.

Bigs28
10-11-2022, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately there is no winterizing in south Florida. I could still be using the boat 3-4 days a week. My update yesterday was that all the public ramps in Orlando are closed due to high water. That is outside their control but the current "fix" from SC is to reinstall the old software after updating to the new software didn't fix it. Going backwards! Once they are able to get the boat back in the water to test we will see but at this point im just done with the boat.

Bigs28
10-23-2022, 07:08 PM
Supposedly it's fixed at 10 weeks but i have no confidence. Tech couldn't tell me what fixed it. They changed the software a couple times and now appears to be working. I asked what software it has in it and he couldn't answer that. I pick it up tomorrow. Probably listing it for sale if it works before it breaks again.

HFarr
10-24-2022, 08:49 AM
How could they not know what software version it has? I am guessing the tech you spoke to wasn't the one that worked on it. But his answer should have been " I'm not sure sir, but let me make a quick call and find out for you. "

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
10-24-2022, 09:15 AM
Cool you got your boat fixed. I assume if you speak to the tech when you pick it up they can tell you what the procedure was to update the correct software and get it working.

Get it dialed in and have some fun using it. Sort of a bad time to try to sell your boat, but I do not know your local market.

blay127
10-24-2022, 04:28 PM
I'm just now seeing this thread, sorry to hear about all the troubles. Cant say i had the exact same issue with my 21 mojo, but i did have a similar issue a few months ago where the electronics just went haywire out of nowhere. All my sensors on the screen would go to 0 or null value, the cruise button was flashing between zero off and something blue, low voltage warnings but batteries/alt were fine, no control of surf tabs/pumps, etc. However motor would run and boat would drive fine. I took it to my dealer (Aug 23rd) and they got with Skiers Choice to help diagnose. I was told SC said "they havent seen another issue like this". Their remedy was to replace the screen unit entirely and that has solved the issue. Took a couple weeks to receive the unit, but so far i havent had another issue. I hope that helps in some way.

Bigs28
10-24-2022, 04:36 PM
After 10 weeks i left the house at 530am this morning to go get it at the dealer in Orlando. Had to sit at the dealer for 4 hours to fix a cusion that they screwed up. Got home at 4pm and dropped the boat in the water and still broken.

https://youtu.be/mGhuVg6DQ9Q

I have no words

blay127
10-24-2022, 04:41 PM
That is bonkers they’d release that back to you. I noticed your cruise button actually says “cruise”, does it normally say zero off? When mine was broken it flashed between the two. You might have the same issue I did.

Bigs28
10-24-2022, 04:57 PM
I don't have zero off. Only paddle wheel.

Mxmark4
10-24-2022, 09:47 PM
My mondo didnt move wake plate when sitting still. Wake plate was only adjustable when I was moving.

Bigs28
10-25-2022, 03:49 AM
My mojo has always been adjustable whenever but when you start it normally it cycles all the way up and down.

MJHSupra
10-25-2022, 08:41 AM
My mojo has always been adjustable whenever but when you start it normally it cycles all the way up and down.

Are the other systems on the boat working?

Bigs28
10-25-2022, 09:08 AM
Im not sure to be honest. Dropped it in the water and that's immediate so i stopped. Now im at work through Thursday. I sent that video last night back in and finally made the call to skiiers choice and left a voicemail. I will see if i get any calls back today but at this point i would think my boat would be a lemon. It's been in the shop more then 20% of the time ive owned it. It's been in multiple times for the same problems. Im just lost because ive never had to go through any of this before.

Mxmark4
10-25-2022, 09:43 AM
Make sure time in the shop from new is documented for lemon law. Lots of emails cc dealer in the emails. Be professional even if you want to blast the dealer or the service department. I know we had a couple of lemon law cars when I worked for Audi and persistence paid off for the owners who wrote the emails and called and made the most noise. We had a customer with a newer zl1 camaro supercharged big bad car. He got his car lemon lawed and the issue it was ha ing was his fault. He woumd put auto trans in neutral when going down hills to "save gas" and it was making the trans and engine ecu freak out. He didnt find that out until he was on his second car, but Gm gave him a new one. Hope skiers can help you figure it out or get you on the road to a new boat.

blay127
11-07-2022, 10:20 AM
any update Bigs? curious about this one. wish you the best of luck

Bigs28
11-07-2022, 01:11 PM
I called skiiers choice and got a call back from A.J.. He asked if i could use a different mechanic then my dealer and had that mechanic call me. He came to my house (i had to pay the mobile fee but whatever) and went through the boat, took a bunch of notes, said he was going to order all the stuff i need and come back and install it. So im just waiting on that. I can still use the boat. Just have to reset the batteries when the wakeplate acts up. I have a bunch of new issues since i got the boat back. Not sure if the boat was wrong before or now but my pitch readings don't correlate with before. I used to run full ballast and be around 10 degrees of pitch and now I'm around 7. Had an issue with the tabs not engaging while surfing on Saturday and had to reset the batteries. It's just non stop problems but now that interest rates are what they are i figure im just stuck if i want a boat.

vdubnick
11-07-2022, 01:36 PM
i know some bad actuators went out from the factory, i know because i got one of them. Not SC fault, it is a LENCO quality issue. frustrating part is the dealer always trying to do the bare minimum which just wastes everyones time.

MJHSupra
11-07-2022, 02:49 PM
I would not worry about inconsistent pitch settings if they are changing around software and parts on your boat.
Plus it sounds like new parts many be on their way.