PDA

View Full Version : 2023 pricing?

996scott
08-30-2022, 01:49 PM
Anyone know what the pricing looks like for 2023? Wondering if there is any kind of discounts being offered? I know it's a long shot haha.

mgswake
08-30-2022, 02:31 PM
I bought a 2023 SL this month. I did get a discount, but I have been waiting for this boat since October of 2022. My dealer gave me a quote and then didn’t have the build slot available they thought they did. So we negotiated a price and waited until the 2023 was available. I did not pay full msrp. I would expect the dealers have some discounts to give even with the market still seemingly pretty hot.

larry_arizona
08-30-2022, 04:50 PM
I bought a 2023 SL this month. I did get a discount, but I have been waiting for this boat since October of 2022. My dealer gave me a quote and then didn’t have the build slot available they thought they did. So we negotiated a price and waited until the 2023 was available. I did not pay full msrp. I would expect the dealers have some discounts to give even with the market still seemingly pretty hot.

Did you mean October of 21?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgswake
08-30-2022, 04:56 PM
No, I went on a Demo ride in mid October 2022 and they told me they still had a build slot for a 2022 (maybe q3 or q4). That slot wasn’t available so I got their first slot for a 2023, which was mid July.

I think that was quick for them to get me into a 2023. I think the reason it felt like such a long wait is I put my deposit down for a build slot and then the dealer told me they didn’t have it. Then I had to wait 8 months instead of 2-3 months for a 2022. It all worked out in the end. Just missed the beginning of summer. Fortunately it’s is still in the 90’s so I still have some time to use it. Already at 15.8 hours this month.

Given all the delays these days that probably isn’t any longer than everyone is waiting for boats. Is that why you thought maybe I meant 2021?

larry_arizona
08-30-2022, 05:19 PM
Is this some back to the future type shit?

It’s Aug of 2022.

mgswake
08-30-2022, 05:37 PM
Yeah call me Marty!!

I think you are probably aware, but I think they start the production year July 1. So q1 for 2023 is July to September and q2 is October to December.

When I heard my boat would be built q1 of 2023 model year I thought I would be waiting until January, that’s when they explained the model year qtrs to me.

Oh lord, yes I meant October 2021. I have a 22 month old, work from home full time, and another on the way. I can’t even keep the days straight most of the time. I guess I need a nap or something.

Ordered boat in October of 2021, delivered august 2022, it is a model year 2023.

larry_arizona
08-30-2022, 05:57 PM
Yeah call me Marty!!

I think you are probably aware, but I think they start the production year July 1. So q1 for 2023 is July to September and q2 is October to December.

When I heard my boat would be built q1 of 2023 model year I thought I would be waiting until January, that’s when they explained the model year qtrs to me.

Oh lord, yes I meant October 2021. I have a 22 month old, work from home full time, and another on the way. I can’t even keep the days straight most of the time. I guess I need a nap or something.

Ordered boat in October of 2021, delivered august 2022, it is a model year 2023.

I was just fn with you and having some fun, I remember the days.

Trust me, it’s gets better, then you turn 50 and you lose your mind again.

Congrats on the SL, you will love it brother.

WildH
08-30-2022, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the chuckle guys.

dyrmz134
09-02-2022, 01:43 PM
Got some info on a 2023 Makai that was 140k after a 10k "dealer discount." It was loaded (but with the 400 engine) but still a hefty increase vs 2022.

HFarr
09-02-2022, 02:35 PM
Got some info on a 2023 Makai that was 140k after a 10k "dealer discount." It was loaded (but with the 400 engine) but still a hefty increase vs 2022.Holy crap! I paid 97k for my 2021 Makai pretty well loaded out with a 400! That was with a 13K discount. So it was 110K with all options. Including cover, heater, windscreen, and PTM mirror upgrade. Oh and a trailer too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

dyrmz134
09-02-2022, 04:17 PM
Holy crap! I paid 97k for my 2021 Makai pretty well loaded out with a 400! That was with a 13K discount. So it was 110K with all options. Including cover, heater, windscreen, and PTM mirror upgrade. Oh and a trailer too.

I wish I bought in 21 ha!... I paid 120 for my 2022, with a 7k discount.

996scott
09-02-2022, 04:48 PM
I just met with my dealer to see about a 2023 Craz. the Craz is completely redone this year and it looks really nice. I priced it out almost exactly like my 2021 and it is more than a $25K increase in 2 years. Granted, it is redesigned, more ballast, a lot of new upgrades but that's a little too much for me to swallow. It's a good thing we love our 2021 cause i think we will stick with it for now lol.

Mxmark4
09-02-2022, 06:37 PM
Looking at a 23 mojo. First ever new boat purchase. Are you guys paying under msrp optioned out? Or am I not pushing hard enough for a deal? Or am I being totally unrealistic?

cucv
09-02-2022, 07:16 PM
I test drove a 23 mojo just the other day, $16k under msrp. Also test drove Axis, discount was minimal.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mxmark4
09-02-2022, 07:37 PM
I test drove a 23 mojo just the other day, $16k under msrp. Also test drove Axis, discount was minimal.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

What was MSRP on it?

jcarter20
09-03-2022, 08:24 AM
Priced out a fully loaded Supra SL with thrusters and 450 engine. $220k MSRP and $20k discount. That did not include tax.

larry_arizona
09-04-2022, 10:47 AM
Interesting, it’s almost like SC has changed the dealer plan to treat Moomba and Supra sales the same.

Old plan: moomba 6-9% Supra 18-22%
New plan: both 6-9% on significantly higher MSRP’s

Mxmark4
09-04-2022, 11:14 AM
The msrp stuff without a discount reminds me of Hank Hill payiing the sticker price and not a penny more and thinking he got a special deal. I dont want to hurt my relationship with the dealer, but I do want to get the best possible price. We dont get hit with a lot of bs like transport and such as the factory is 20 miles from our dealer and they just go grab the boats as they are done. Also if you order could you spec out the ptm racks from Supra for Moomba? The tritons wont hold my foil and if Im already paying for a premium rack why not get one that works for me ?since both boats are built on the same line I dont think that would be too hard of a deal to pull off.

KnoxMojo
09-04-2022, 06:30 PM
The tritons wont hold my foil and if Im already paying for a premium rack why not get one that works for me ?since both boats are built on the same line I dont think that would be too hard of a deal to pull off.

You can check on the Roswell site to see if they have a PTM adapter for whichever tower you decide to go with. I know they have a Roswell to FX1 adapter to run Tritons on the PTM tower. Or PTM might make the adapter for their rack to the Roswell tower. Even though they are built in the same place, the towers are different brands. You gotta go in and sit down with your sales guy and work a deal. Tell him you see what others are getting off and ask for the same. Also it helps to either trade your boat in or sell through them to save on taxes.

MJHSupra
09-04-2022, 09:12 PM
Interesting, it’s almost like SC has changed the dealer plan to treat Moomba and Supra sales the same.

Yes. Heard this was intentional and wanted by the various dealers.

mgswake
09-04-2022, 11:46 PM
If I had a boat already and had time to negotiate, I would expect 10-15% and be ready to walk if I didn’t get it. Just use my older model. If I didn’t have a boat I would be in a worse negotiating position and would either have to take the discount offered by the dealer or look at used boats.

MJHSupra
09-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Been reading around the different forums and social media. More used boats out there from previous levels, but not as many as pre-covid. The guy from onlyinboards was posting something about the number of boats for sale now vs 3-5 years ago. Comments about peeps hanging onto boats longer.

brad460
09-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Been reading around the different forums and social media. More used boats out there from previous levels, but not as many as pre-covid. The guy from onlyinboards was posting something about the number of boats for sale now vs 3-5 years ago. Comments about peeps hanging onto boats longer.

Folks probably holding on to boats longer because so many overpaid (especially people who bought used boats).

Bigs28
09-05-2022, 05:53 PM
I don't know if i would say i overpaid but I'm not jumping on upgrading because the price increases on new ones. Im still meeting with my dealer to run the numbers on a boat once mine is al fixed.

larry_arizona
09-06-2022, 09:51 AM
The annual price increases absolutely shelter the used market. My theory is the OEM’s do this for propping up used market.

OEM’s rely on owners upgrading and imagine if you go to upgrade and were $10-20k upside down in your boat. Odds are most would not eat that negative equity.

Short of a 2008-2010 type crash, I would not expect prices to adjust down and I doubt OEM’s will ever reduce MSRP’s year over year.

sandm
09-06-2022, 11:32 AM

I dunno that I would say there's a lot less for sale now. my gut says in years past people would post boats up for sale and wouldn't pull them off the site until they either got a random call a year later or the site auto-cleans them up after a year not to mention dealers using it as free advertising kind of like a bait/switch thing. when we were shopping in 2018 for our z3 we found a TON of boats that were sold but still listed almost a year later. I know we cleaned up at least 10 boats that we called on and were sold/disappeared that night. OI had around 5k "active" listings back then but the unknown are how many were sold boats or dealer trolling to not pay another listing fee.
covid hit and everyone was calling on every boat listed multiple times-annoyed dealers with zero inventory and people getting dozens of calls a week and I suspect as it dropped to 2k "active" listings when we bought our r23 in mid2020 this is where the market really is.
I think OI only had 3 or 3.5k for sale prior to covid and it's right back up there today.
1200 of the 3000 listings are 2021/2022 and we all know there's not many leftovers. that seems higher than we saw pre-covid for 1-2 y.o. boats.

larry is spot on. msrp's won't fall BUT I can see discounts increase IF the market slows any more OR you will see builders introduce a new model at a lower msrp while discontinuing current. msrp's never fell during the last crash, incentives picked up and builders throttled back production to meet demand.

larry_arizona
09-06-2022, 03:35 PM
My dealer is offering 5% on moomba and 10% on Supra. If you order a 23 before a certain date, you can get an additional 2%

996scott
09-06-2022, 04:14 PM
yep, 7% is what i saw last week when i went to the dealer.

j.mo
09-07-2022, 10:33 AM
My dealer is offering 5% on moomba and 10% on Supra. If you order a 23 before a certain date, you can get an additional 2%

yep, 7% is what i saw last week when i went to the dealer.

They are trippin.
I’ll keep my current boat.

Holdmybeer
09-07-2022, 04:16 PM
Not sure the accuracy of this website but I assume this is base model price comparison.
At 7% discount now the dealers are making plenty of money. They can go deeper! The SL is showing 34% markup from invoice to MSRP....Ridiculous!

larry_arizona
09-07-2022, 05:08 PM
That is accurate. I was fine with getting 20% and dealer getting 15%.

I want my dealer to stay in business.

HFarr
09-07-2022, 05:56 PM
Can you even find an SE for 168 today?

j.mo
09-07-2022, 06:04 PM
Not sure the accuracy of this website but I assume this is base model price comparison.
At 7% discount now the dealers are making plenty of money. They can go deeper! The SL is showing 34% markup from invoice to MSRP....Ridiculous!

See dealer cost is very accurate.
Been using it for years to negotiate, and it has been confirmed many times over that timeframe.

Holdmybeer
09-07-2022, 06:18 PM
That is accurate. I was fine with getting 20% and dealer getting 15%.

I want my dealer to stay in business.

Larry,
Agree 100%. But 7% and dealer keeps 28% is robbery.

Someone mentioned a nicely optioned SL was 200k after a small discount. That number should be closer to the 170k mark based on this info. If thing "correct" themselves these discount might come back slightly but at current market I don't see any dealer losing out.

Holdmybeer
09-07-2022, 06:18 PM

I think new msrp starting is 186k for the SE.

Mxmark4
09-07-2022, 06:28 PM
Im all for the sealer making money, but any real dealership be it boats cars etc is carried by their service department. Service typically funds and covers all costs,salaries, and expenses for the dealer and then sales are just like free money. So a dealer taking a massive profit on a sale to me is gonna hurt my pocket way more than theirs. If those numbers are true I would be willing to add prep and freight and a small percentage to their side. And sign an NDA for the deal I got.

mgswake
09-07-2022, 07:09 PM
One of the problems I ran into while shopping was, there are plenty of folks lined up to buy these boats. So, if you try to negotiate too much or wait/delay the dealer may just move on to the next person. The Supra dealer I was working with seemed like they wanted my business a bit more than the Nautique dealer. The Nautique dealer didn’t seem to give two sh!ts about me. I was a first time buyer for either dealer so I’m sure that factored in. Everything worked out and I’m 16 hours deep on my 2023 SL.

larry_arizona
09-07-2022, 07:23 PM

That was a 2022 SE base MSRP.

Supra used to show option prices on the builder, but stopped doing it this year last I checked.

Seedealercost doesn’t include prep, freight, surcharges, shipping covers or tax.