PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Moomba software

Dank
08-11-2022, 05:28 PM
Any idea if 2023 software will work on a 2021 mojo? (7 inch screen)…. Anyone know where to get it?

Install instructions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cozilla
08-12-2022, 09:13 AM
Wondering the same...

HFarr
08-12-2022, 09:15 AM
Any idea if 2023 software will work on a 2021 mojo? (7 inch screen)…. Anyone know where to get it?

Install instructions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat changed in software in 2023?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Dank
08-12-2022, 09:36 AM
Confirmed that it is backward compatible. Will work with 2021 (assuming 7” screen, not sure about other).

“Word on the street” is that it fixed some tabs not fully retracting issues.

Did it myself last time, going to ask the dealer to flash it next time it’s in for service.

larry_arizona
08-12-2022, 10:11 AM
Confirmed that it is backward compatible. Will work with 2021 (assuming 7” screen, not sure about other).

“Word on the street” is that it fixed some tabs not fully retracting issues.

Did it myself last time, going to ask the dealer to flash it next time it’s in for service.

Very interesting that moombas and Supras are having tab retraction issues.

Dank
08-12-2022, 12:35 PM
I’ve only heard / experienced it on the Moombas, not Supra.

All I know is I better get my goofy (backside for our regular riders) wave cleaned up soon before my wife kicks my butt!

I’ll update once it’s flashed with 23’ and see if it fixes it. Others are already reporting it has.

larry_arizona
08-12-2022, 12:49 PM
I’ve only heard / experienced it on the Moombas, not Supra.

All I know is I better get my goofy (backside for our regular riders) wave cleaned up soon before my wife kicks my butt!

I’ll update once it’s flashed with 23’ and see if it fixes it. Others are already reporting it has.

My Supra experienced it. Stuck tab, required software update.

cozilla
08-12-2022, 03:03 PM
I updated it myself last time too. I don't have a trailer so paying 200 to have them pick it up and flash it and bring it back is a hassle.

Bigs28
08-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Have them do it at your house and only pay once? They do mobile service at my house and fo oil change and everything in one visit.

haknslash
08-14-2022, 10:41 AM
I wished backwards compatible included 4.3” screen owners. I doubt this new update works for us just as I was told the last update (included GO HOME mode) wasn’t compatible for us. :(

HFarr
08-14-2022, 11:27 AM
I wished backwards compatible included 4.3” screen owners. I doubt this new update works for us just as I was told the last update (included GO HOME mode) wasn’t compatible for us. :(Is an upgrade to a 7" screen possible/feasable?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

haknslash
08-14-2022, 11:59 AM
Likely not since it would require a new dash. I asked Drew about it back when they updated the Max to 7” screen option. Feasible I’m sure of it but financially making sense of it versus the ROI means it’s not worth the squeeze IMO.

I get it that SC has moved on to the 7” screen being standard but I don’t like how quickly they seem to drop support just because they’ve moved on. Imagine if I had some serious software issue that would take a new software build to fix it. You think they would devote development time to something they deem obsolete? Idk but doesn’t seem like it. Thankfully I don’t have stuck or misaligned surf tab issue (that I know of) but imagine if I did. What could I or the dealer even do about it lol?

KnoxMojo
08-14-2022, 01:49 PM
What could I or the dealer even do about it lol?

They would most likely reload a known good version of your model year software. On my 18 with the 1 screen dash, it is the same thing.