PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Mojo port ballast pump stuck on

vwalker73
07-18-2022, 01:41 PM
This weekend I was out on the lake and the port ballast was acting up. The bag was constantly filing and if I could get it to drain it would fill again. I ended up getting the boat back to the lift and draining the bag by disconnecting the hose and draining with the center hull plug pulled. This is when I noticed that the pump running would not turn off unless the battery switch was off.

I've read some other post that seem to indicate that this is a relay switch issue and pulling the fuses can kill the pump. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone had any success with pulling the fuse to reset the relay? If I run the boat without the fuse on the port side, does the g6 pump system still allow for filling the left ballast?

vwalker73
07-19-2022, 10:22 AM
So I pulled 3rd 15 amp fuse today and the left port pumped stopped.(g6 system two pumps per bag.) Plan to test drive shortly to see if the bags fill again which would indicate a failed stop value according to the dealer.

jcredible
07-19-2022, 10:47 AM
Vince, I think in 2019 there was some issues with some of the relay boxes(probably got the name wrong) melting and causing an issue similar to this. I would pull your rear panels behind the bag and see if the terminal connectors are melted.

Not 100% this is the issue...but can check it pretty quickly.

vwalker73
07-19-2022, 01:43 PM
I didnt see anything melted. but the test run certainly was successful no more water intake into the ballast bags

vwalker73
07-29-2022, 08:50 AM
as luck would have it this is indeed a melted fuse box. Dealer advised that it was the first time they saw the back melted. so I will have to wait a week for the back of the panel to arrive.