PDA

View Full Version : Swim Step

MJHSupra
07-07-2022, 07:16 PM
So when will SC come up with a version of a swim step?

I knew BU had this and had a patent on there design. Noticed that MC also has one.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220707/14fbcccf1c73f8fa18f74fe0f5149af7.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
07-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Bu got theirs when they bought out Cobolt Boats. Cobalt had this year's before and I like that in turns into a bench like a swim up bar.

Wonder if MC is paying royalties to use this. I know they did to get out of the law suit for the wake system.

TXSurf4
07-07-2022, 10:01 PM
Would be smart of SC to either develop their own or pay the royalties and put it on both lines of boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
07-08-2022, 01:13 AM
or just add the under-platform ladder that others have used. heard they work great.

'bu it was a $583 option in '19. bet it's almost $700 today.

Holdmybeer
07-08-2022, 07:48 AM
TBH.....Any good glass shop could build this and you can buy the hinges.

I have seen several of you build new platforms for outback, LSV, Launch boats. This adds a little complexity but definitely possible. It won't be cheap but what on these boats are?

TXSurf4
07-08-2022, 08:16 AM
or just add the under-platform ladder that others have used. heard they work great.

'bu it was a $583 option in '19. bet it's almost $700 today.

That doesn't seem bad at all, I bet most people who want the option would pay that easy.

TBH.....Any good glass shop could build this and you can buy the hinges.

I have seen several of you build new platforms for outback, LSV, Launch boats. This adds a little complexity but definitely possible. It won't be cheap but what on these boats are?

Ya I just had glass work done on one of our jet skis for a scratch about as long as a house key and I can tell you having this built would be crazy expensive.

Holdmybeer
07-08-2022, 09:31 AM
That doesn't seem bad at all, I bet most people who want the option would pay that easy.

Ya I just had glass work done on one of our jet skis for a scratch about as long as a house key and I can tell you having this built would be crazy expensive.

Not as expensive as a new BU or MC....lol!

This is a $700 option but the boat MSRP before you get this as an available option to select is already $200k+.

Mxmark4
07-08-2022, 09:40 AM
My swim deck has that awful slick rubber pad not gator step. If I can find those hinges it might be a good project for this winter

Holdmybeer
07-08-2022, 12:08 PM
My swim deck has that awful slick rubber pad not gator step. If I can find those hinges it might be a good project for this winter

If you tackle this, please, please document it. Would be an awesome build to follow and see come to life.

MJHSupra
07-08-2022, 12:45 PM
I assume one reason is the current swim platform would not support hinges and the amount of weight for someone to climb up off the back of the boat.

It needs to be able to support that 300 pound person holding a Diet Coke in one hand and a bag of Doritos in the other.

Mxmark4
07-08-2022, 03:20 PM
So I found cobalt hinges for the swim platform on great lakes skipper. 1150 dollars for the set i think my swim platform is fine the way it is.

Holdmybeer
07-08-2022, 04:43 PM
So I found cobalt hinges for the swim platform on great lakes skipper. 1150 dollars for the set i think my swim platform is fine the way it is.

Yep...completely not worth it.

larry_arizona
07-08-2022, 04:52 PM
And here I thought the wake plate, surf tabs and the surf pipe were built in steps……..

Lol

KnoxMojo
07-08-2022, 07:12 PM

Have Hommerding install you some custom Gator on your platform. It shouldn't be very expensive.

Mxmark4
07-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Have Hommerding install you some custom Gator on your platform. It shouldn't be very expensive.

The swim platform is like 450 or so from Gator step. Since I have lost my storage and am trying to figure out what to do with my boat, the platform is gonna have to wait. My garage build has been dealt a major blow by Farragut and my storage next door has been sold. Once I can get it back inside its high on the list of priorities.

HFarr
07-09-2022, 04:28 PM
I bet someone slightly crafty could make a set of those hinges for a lot less than 1150.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

HFarr
07-09-2022, 04:32 PM
I bet someone slightly crafty could make a set of those hinges for a lot less than 1150.

Sent from my SM-G781V using TapatalkThe real trick would be modifying the platform so that the step fits nicely when folded up.

Holdmybeer
07-09-2022, 05:27 PM
The real trick would be modifying the platform so that the step fits nicely when folded up.

I think making the platform 2 piece and have the small section pull out and drop down from under the large platform. The problem being it would hit the surf pipe. This is where the fancy hinges come into play.

HFarr
07-09-2022, 08:44 PM
Just keep the ballast bags full

MJHSupra
07-10-2022, 10:49 AM

Sent from my SM-G781V using TapatalkAgree, but I'm not going to fire up the boat and tell that person to wait 6-8 mins to fill up enough

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MauiJim
07-19-2022, 11:16 AM
Would be smart of SC to either develop their own or pay the royalties and put it on both lines of boats.

Agreed! I was actually trying to see if Malibu sold replacement platforms with the integrated steps - no luck. SC really needs to put this in development to keep up. I would be down to buying a replacement swim platform if SC would make it.

Mxmark4
07-20-2022, 09:08 AM
So my buddy has Heydays new H20 boat number one out of the mold at his shop right now, doesnt have a swim step but has an actuator that folds the platform up to make it fit in a std garage. Apparently that was one of their goals with this new model. Was actually pretty cool until you get poking around inside the boat and see just how unfinished they leave everything. And the switch for the platform lift was wired backwards too lol.

rhouse181
07-20-2022, 06:43 PM

Second this approach... We fill just the rear bags when we are puttering up to our anchoring location and the rear swim deck usually ends up 2-3 inches under the surface. Makes it way easier for the kiddos to get in and out of the water.