PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Surf Pockets

SSurfer321
07-06-2022, 07:55 AM
My boat stays covered on the water but is currently exposed to the elements as I don't have a roof over the dock yet.

If/when it rains, the ends of the bimini surf pockets fill with water and then slowly drip on the driver and passenger the rest of the day. Has anyone else experienced this? Solved this? I don't know if I can reach far enough to cut a grommet in to allow drainage.

Bigs28
07-06-2022, 09:20 AM
Mine does the same thing. Even when i put a wet board back in them. I try to push up on them to drain what i can but as far as i can tell it is what it is :(

Buckeye
07-06-2022, 11:05 AM
Yes, I have experience this

HFarr
07-06-2022, 05:24 PM
Yep! Got caught in a big rain and the same thing happens here. We made it back to the dock with me hauling A$$ and it had just stopped raining. As soon as I backed off the throttle, my wife got a nice stream of water dumped on her. My side luckily hit the outside of the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Zog
07-07-2022, 12:32 PM
We have the Sewlong Bimini top. The ends are open and it seems to drain very well, but I haven't had a lot of experience with the boat in the rain. When we have been wet, it seems to slough everything to the sides though.