PDA

View Full Version : 07 Outback - Break in period

kevinmccarry
05-13-2007, 10:53 PM
We bought our 2007 Moomba Outback a few months ago and are in the middle of the break in period. I have read the owner’s manual and it mentions first, second and next 5 hours with listed maximum RPMs. Then it continues to say after the break in period, take your boat to get serviced after the first 10 to 20 hours. However, it technically doesn’t say when you can start towing a wakeboarder or skier. I interpret this as we can start towing after 10 hours. Am I reading this correctly? I obviously want to get behind the boat ASAP but don’t want to risk ruining the engine.

Also, we have about 1” of standing water below the engine. It doesn't increase or decrease when we are out on the water. The automatic bilge came on once when we were on the water but it didn’t empty all the standing water. I tried the manual bilge but nothing came out. Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this and/or is something to be concerned about?

JoeTechie
05-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Recent complete discussion on this here:

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=3851

Welcome to the family!

-J

pickle311
05-14-2007, 12:50 AM
the standing water is normal, that's why there's a drain plug inside of there that you should remove when you pull your boat out of the water. Just make sure you put it back in before your next outing. I leave my drainplug directly in front of the captains chair just so I'm forced to see it and remember.