PDA

View Full Version : Wet Sounds ICON 8 vs REV 8

GW@vineyardlake
06-24-2022, 06:20 PM
I have a 2008 LSV that I bought used (6 years ago) that has Wet Sounds Pro 80's on it that I'd like to replace. I've read some of the threads regarding Icon's vs. Rev's and I'm leaning toward the Icon's because we surf 99% of the time (the Icon is supposedly more of a wakesurf speaker) and the sound in the boat is supposedly better/cleaner. Has anyone purchased the Icon's and wish they'd bought Rev's or vice-versa? I'm only looking for an 8" speaker.

Holdmybeer
06-24-2022, 06:39 PM
Cannot speak for the Icons but I have Rev8s on my Mojo. They are loud and carry for a long distance. Amp tuning is real important because they are a mid-bass to high speaker and don't produce any low level sound.

We use the tower speaker more than anything else so we can still talk while the rider is jamming.

sandm
06-25-2022, 10:50 AM
can't speak to rev8's but have had 2 boats with 4 icon8's and 1 with 4 rev10's. I HATED the rev speakers. always have and always will. they are too "bright" for my taste as are most HLCD's. I loved the more balanced and musical sound from the icon's especially when driven with a bit of power.
I was never in a contest to be the loudest on the lake and I haven't owned a wakeboard in 6 years, only surfing. for that, you will not be disappointed in the icon's. if you want to board or be "that guy" at the party cove, go with rev's.

along with hold, we always faded out the cabin speakers and used primarily the icon's and the sub while moving. can actually carry on a conversation in the boat and still hear the tunes.

j.mo
06-25-2022, 11:36 PM
can't speak to rev8's but have had 2 boats with 4 icon8's and 1 with 4 rev10's. I HATED the rev speakers. always have and always will. they are too "bright" for my taste as are most HLCD's. I loved the more balanced and musical sound from the icon's especially when driven with a bit of power.
I was never in a contest to be the loudest on the lake and I haven't owned a wakeboard in 6 years, only surfing. for that, you will not be disappointed in the icon's. if you want to board or be "that guy" at the party cove, go with rev's.

along with hold, we always faded out the cabin speakers and used primarily the icon's and the sub while moving. can actually carry on a conversation in the boat and still hear the tunes.

I’m with you. I had 4 rev10 on my old boat.
Hated them. Our boat now has 2 rev410. Absolutely love them.
We do the same, in boat speakers down, tower and sub while surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GW@vineyardlake
06-26-2022, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your thoughts!