PDA

View Full Version : NEW BOAT IS HERE AND IT'S THE WRONG COLOR? ANY THOUGHTS?

gsi09907
05-12-2007, 07:47 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Went to the dealer today to check out my new Mob LSV and the color scheme I ordered is flipped around. My order form is correct and the dealer form is correct but Skier's Choice apparently screwed the pooch on this one. Has anyone heard of this and if so what came of it? I do have an offer made for a discount but not sure if it is worth my heartake and frustration. It was supposed to be Red inside and spilling over red, then a black center and white bottom..... it is in fact black inside and black spilling over, a red center and white bottom. What should I do and what should I expect from Skier's Choice. The boat is still very nice and looks good but it's not what I really wanted. The rep told my dealer he would check this week to see what the chances of starting me another one this week would be but he feels sure they are at full capacity and it could be sometime in JULY :( before they could get another one finished for me. I don't understand why they messed it up and then can't fix it NOW being their fault for the mistake! HELP, Suggestions, anything.......

By the way if anyone has a black inside boat and rub rail how do you like it and how hot and/or miserable is it in the summer. Will I regret keeping this mistake if I choose to accept the offer that has been made?
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

smokedog2
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Post a picture - or link to one. I'm actually surprised this does not happen more often. There are way more color options than two years ago.

I do not think black on a boat is the same as black in a car. Even my white can get too hot to stand on when in the July sun.

Oh, I have the black rub rail - works fine - if you scratch it it is easier to clean up than SS.

SD2

deerfield
05-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Options:

1- Use the boat until one with color scheme you ordered is ready.
2- Keep the boat and SC refunds the money you paid for customer colors.
3- If you honestly prefer the color scheme, keep the boat.

Mine came with the colors flipped. I actually like it a lot. Dealer apologized and waxes my boat for a year.

I understand your dissapointment. Hard to imagine getting something as basic as the color wrong. But mistakes do happen.

pickle311
05-13-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm betting the black will be hot. I can tell a huge difference between the light and dark gray vinyl in my boat. When it's 95+ out, I can't stand on the dark gray but the light gray is no problem.

TobesDubai
05-13-2007, 03:37 AM
I have a black inside and exterior and love it..I think black boats when on the water look very sleek and stand out a lot more than other colors.

I live in Dubai and we average between 40 to 50 in the summer and I cant step on the black or the white or any other color for that matter!!

Post some pictures…

moomba_armada
05-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Mine is a platinum,black and charcoal outback v..kind of GG XLV colours.I think black is nicest colour for speed machines 8) Not a big problem to order other i guess if you are in the States..imagine if you were in other continent..you would have to keep it anyway...
yes..I am still waiting for the boat...I reckon if I ordered last october and I probably and luckily will get it in June, I would have ordered 2008 model :lol: :lol:

edwindenijs
05-13-2007, 03:43 PM
1. use the boat and let the dealer arrange a new one (2008 model) for the same price!

2. If you like it keep it!

I am still waiting hope the collor is right!, must be in 2 weeks time

zabooda
05-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Not often one buys a new boat and can pick and choose colors. If you have second thoughts about the color you should have SC get you the color ordered. You'd be surprised how quickly SC can get you the color you ordered especially if there is one in production with that color scheme, one located at another dealer or just put that production at the top of their list. I would never expect any dealer let you use the boat at the dealers until another boat comes as that boat devalues more than what other options are available. Besides, who would want to break in two boats. Given a demo boat is an option but since the dealer did his thing right it would be on SC's ticket.

I would expect the boat you ordered within a month so you can get boating by the start of summer as originally expected. Any delays beyond a month SC should be penalized monetarily to a point where SC and you should opt for the 2008 identical model, color and equipment for the price you purchased the 2007. I would expect SC get you one within a month at the sacrifice of someone else's order.

If you can live with the boat offered then I would recommend reducing the price at SC's expense to what it would have cost them to rush you a boat.

moomba_armada
05-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I agree with Zabooda..I also think I should get a price reduction for a 8 months waiting... :? but it would be ok if I get the boat before 2008 pops out SC factory :shock:

Smrtz
05-13-2007, 07:59 PM
One thing I think we can all agree on,
SC will look after you whatever you decide your course of action will be.

Cheers, and lets see some pics of that boat!!

06 OB LSV
05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I have black as the "Main" body color and I love it. I have not noticed it being hot. The interior black stripes get a little hot, but so does the gray accent color. I was concerned about the black spotting when I ordered it. The dealer had a great suggestion. He told me to by an "Absorber" drying cloth. At the end of the day just wipe the boat down with the abosorber and you won't have any spots. I actually only wipe it down on Sunday's when we are done for the weekend and it works great. I used the boat all last summer and we still do not have any water spots on the black. Very easy maintenance.

gsi09907
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
So the iside fiberglass of your boat and the top rail are all black?

06 OB LSV
05-15-2007, 08:47 AM
No. I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the main body panel on the exterior of the boat. I would think that black would get pretty hot in the interior. Sorry for your grief. I was upset because the missed the cruise on mine when I ordered last year, but this is a much bigger deal. :(

gsi09907
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Well we worked out and agreement and I am the proud new owner of a Black and red Moomba LSV... It actually looks pretty dang cool after getting it uncovered and sitting inside it for a few minutes it grows on you I guess :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

deerfield
05-15-2007, 09:12 PM
That's great news! Enjoy!!

JesseC
05-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Well we worked out and agreement and I am the proud new owner of a Black and red Moomba LSV... It actually looks pretty dang cool after getting it uncovered and sitting inside it for a few minutes it grows on you I guess :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Pics....we need pics......!!!

gsi09907
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
As soon as I pick her up next tuesday and get her home, I will send pics....

zabooda
05-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Glad it worked out. Enjoy!