PDA

View Full Version : No power with cruise

Bigs28
06-19-2022, 01:58 PM
When cruise is active i have no power. No zero off. Just the paddle wheel. Im not getting the yellow pop up message for error put anything. Just no power. Anything i can fix or have to go to the shop?

Holdmybeer
06-19-2022, 03:10 PM
More details needed.

No power....engine is running, in forward gear?
Does the boat move?

The cruise speed set to 0.0?
Something caught in the paddle wheel and it isn't reading?
Failed paddle wheel sensor?

The cruise is not allowing you to accelerate is what I am guessing.

Bigs28
06-19-2022, 03:15 PM
Boat is running but won't go barely past idle. Cruise is set at 21. Now my wakeplate isn't working and stuck at 50. Im not getting any error messages.

I will make a video

Bigs28
06-19-2022, 04:19 PM
https://youtu.be/ynI7YBlM3EA

Bigs28
06-19-2022, 05:49 PM
Wakeplate not working either......

https://youtu.be/D89_lrXQLmk

2in2out
06-19-2022, 06:42 PM
Power cycle to reset the computer. Are you cruising on one or both batteries? Try switching batteries o running on both.

I have to do this on mine when autowake starts acting up on cruise.

2022 SA 450

Bigs28
06-19-2022, 06:59 PM
I reset several times. Shut the battery off for about 20 minutes and let it cycle. Same thing. It's also starting in autowake. I start the boat and autowake is on and starts filling the ballasts. Its definitely not acting right.

Holdmybeer
06-19-2022, 07:06 PM
I don't have the 7" screen so I have to ask, does the screen just act as a display and there is a cpu unit somewhere?

If the display itself is also the computer then maybe you can reset that somehow.

Can you turn off Autowake after starting and turn off cruise?
Then does the wake plate move and you can drive the boat?

Bigs28
06-19-2022, 07:19 PM
I can turn off autowake yes. Then i use the toggle switches to drain the 2-3% it fills when i start the boat but no matter what the wakeplate and cruise don't work. Ive emailed videos to dealer so hopefully i hear something tomorrow.

Bigs28
06-20-2022, 09:19 AM
Boat starting with autowake on.

https://youtu.be/1BhOqJZXEa0

larry_arizona
06-20-2022, 09:40 AM
My Supra starts with autowake on too.

I would love to know how to change this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFarr
06-20-2022, 09:48 AM
I noticed your depth gauge is showing zero as well in all videos. Not sure if that has anything to do with why autowake is on when you start up, but may indicate something being up with the ecm?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
06-20-2022, 10:22 AM
I noticed the wakeplate was at 100% in your last video.
Did this "magically" get fixed? Or if you engage cruise it goes back to 50%.

My friend craz doesn't start in autowake. I thought somewhere you could turn off profiles or surf mode and autowake won't auto start.

Leaning towards ECM issues of a bad sensor. Does the new boats still use a triducer? Hfarr mentioned 0 depth jist curious.

Bigs28
06-20-2022, 10:46 AM
Depth always says zero because i didn't addon the depth finder in the build. My lake is 70 feet deep and didn't need it. Went out today and 4 times i started the boat to make videos for the dealer and the wakeplate did not work and then magically 1 time it did. I can't seem to reproduce why it works every now and then. The boat has not worked with cruise control since yesterday morning with multiple restarts and battery resets.

Holdmybeer
06-20-2022, 11:09 AM
Check your battery ground cables. Either loose at the batteries, loose at the buss bars under the dash, loose at the amp rack.

I sound like a broken record on some of these post but ground issues will cause all kinds of crazy things. You have a ground cable on the motor also. A loose connection would explain all of these issues (except autowake running at startup)

2in2out
06-20-2022, 12:46 PM
My Supra starts with autowake on too.

I would love to know how to change this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the opposite issue. Every time we shut down to p/u a rider, or change out riders, autowake shuts off, and we have to turn it back on.

2022 SA 450

vansprinkle
06-23-2022, 12:32 PM
I am having this exact issue with my 21 Mojo. I can even be up to speed and then turn on cruise, which kills the power down to 1,500 rpms. Like you I received the error message a couple times and now nothing, just stuck at 1,500 rpms when cruise is on. This happens with surfing, wakeboard, and Go Home leveling, any time cruise is turned on.

So far I've tried cycling the battery, trying each battery separate, but havent tried both batteries at the same time.

Someone on Facebook mentioned that I may be able to get into the Settings on the computer and do a hard reset, pushing everything back to factory default. When doing that, you'll have to reset your inclinometer afterwards. This will be the next thing I try when I get back out on the boat.

I also poked around to see if all cables and buses were snug. I suppose I should dig around and look a bit closer to make sure.

Bigs28
06-23-2022, 02:22 PM
Yeah dealer hasn't got back to me yet and ive checked all the cables per previous recommendation and didn't find anything loose.

Holdmybeer
06-23-2022, 03:01 PM
Yeah dealer hasn't got back to me yet and ive checked all the cables per previous recommendation and didn't find anything loose.

Did you order your Mojo with zero off cruise only?
No paddlewheel backup?

Bigs28
06-23-2022, 03:15 PM
The opposite. I only have paddle wheel. No zero off. It's a 2021.

Holdmybeer
06-24-2022, 02:55 PM
The opposite. I only have paddle wheel. No zero off. It's a 2021.

Well....nevermind that thought.
Was thinking the GPS puck had died and cruise was no longer able to be used.
Still wouldn't explain the plate issue though.

Bigs28
06-24-2022, 03:49 PM
My dealer sent the videos to skiers choice to see what they think. My paddle wheel still registers speed so it's working. I disconnected batteries for a few hours per dealer recommendation but it didn't do anything.

vansprinkle
06-27-2022, 08:50 AM
My dealer has also sent my videos (nearly identical to yours) to Skiers Choice. Hopefully we will hear back soon.

Their suggestion at this time (before hearing back from SC) is to reset the computer settings, recalibrate the inclinometer, and double check that the paddle wheel is free and clear (I'm pretty sure it is, because the speedo works). If these dont work, they want me to bring it in so they can perform a system update.

Bigs28
06-27-2022, 09:22 AM
I just talked to my dealer and he said skiers choice thinks it's a communication problem in the computer and it needs to be brought in. Hopefully what you try works so let me know. :)

Marc Taylor
06-27-2022, 12:45 PM
2022 Supra SA identical problem?? Hade to turn GPS off to drive back to docks and then magically after shutting down started working again. Just the other day no throttle same situation and surf tabs stay 100%. Shut down a couple of times with power switch off then restarted, acting normal for now.

Marc

Magnum
07-30-2022, 12:43 PM
Im having the exact issue with my 21 Kaiyen. I believe its related to the most recent software update.

Bigs28
07-30-2022, 03:32 PM
Could be. Im taking mine into the shop this Thursday. I didn't want to be without the boat during the summer when my wife (teacher) and son are home everyday.

vansprinkle
08-01-2022, 10:21 AM
It looks like my dealer was able to fix the issue. Apparently they didn't actually do anything, but took the boat out and played with it. While testing it out, they adjusted the speed of the cruise with the steering column adjuster while cruise was turned on. Apparently this "wakes up" the computer and gets everything synced and working. Their thought was that the touch screen wasnt communicating with whatever control box actually runs the motor, so when I'd turn on cruise without communication, the boat automatically dropped the rpms due to lack of instruction or feedback.

After the dealer had it I've used it for 2 solid weekends and havent had a single problem. Again, the technician said he didnt do anything other than play with it while on the water. No software update, no nothing.

vansprinkle
08-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Just to reiterate:

Start boat, turn on cruise, adjust cruise set speed up and down a couple tenths (maybe with steering column toggle, or with screen + or - ), start driving your boat as you normally would.

I dont do this every time I start the boat or every time I'm about to use cruise. I only do it for my first time out each day and so far (probably 20-30 hours) havent had a single issue.

Also, not only did they "figure out" my cruise problem, but South Austin Marine also swapped out what was apparently a bad amp. I had noticed that not all of the interior boat speakers were working, so they dug into it and found out that not all of the channels on the amp were working, so they got me in a new one and now I'm a happy camper!

Bigs28
08-01-2022, 12:17 PM
Im glad that they figured yours out. Mine is going in either way for other warranty issues on Friday and all the electronic issues.

Bigs28
10-05-2022, 10:08 AM
Dealer has had my boat for 6 weeks. Dealer and skiers choice can't figure it out. Getting pretty pissed at this point as they sit around and do nothing.

Holdmybeer
10-05-2022, 12:48 PM
Dealer has had my boat for 6 weeks. Dealer and skiers choice can't figure it out. Getting pretty pissed at this point as they sit around and do nothing.

That sucks man. And where you are located you still have plenty of warm days and water to continue use. 6 weeks for me is almost 1/2 of my season! I would be demanding a loaner boat at bare minimum.