PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Moomba Models

MJHSupra
06-17-2022, 01:47 PM
So what is everyone wanting to see on the 2023 Moomba changes?

Holdmybeer
06-17-2022, 03:43 PM
The power seat from the Supra. Everyone changes the base anyway.
At the new price point of the Moombas they should start getting bigger screens also. 7" is weak. Maybe 10" now.

brad460
06-17-2022, 07:45 PM
Fold down tower for trailering standard…

vdubnick
06-17-2022, 10:44 PM
Bags that don't cracks the subfloor on mojos.

Taller pro tower with dual rack option

Bimini that actually hangs over windshield

Transom remote without knob that gets easily broken

Lounge seats on transom deck.

Camera option

I'm sure I'll think of more

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JimLevin
06-18-2022, 03:39 PM
Gun turret

Ironcross25
06-19-2022, 10:36 AM
Gun turret

Yes!! Especially for those who like to drive up your rear when pulling people.

My 22 had the option for loungers when I was in the early order stage but when I place the order they shelved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vdubnick
06-19-2022, 11:25 AM
Yes!! Especially for those who like to drive up your rear when pulling people.

My 22 had the option for loungers when I was in the early order stage but when I place the order they shelved it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSame, my wife was pretty sad about it. Someone on the FB group posted pics of an aftermarket mod for about the same price. I think the shop was in kentucky

TOYMCHN
06-20-2022, 10:27 AM
The most frustrating thing for me on my new 22 max was having to add weight to get the surf wave that I needed. I’m a very averaged sized person. It seems silly to me to sell a surf boat at 100k that just doesn’t have the weight needed to produce a proper surfable wave. The boats should come with big enough bags to produce a wave for a 3 person crew. Period.

I’ve since done the wakemakers upgrade and holy moly is it a world of difference for my wife and I. Anyone on the fence, I’d highly recommend doing it.

Josh828
06-20-2022, 10:52 AM
The most frustrating thing for me on my new 22 max was having to add weight to get the surf wave that I needed. I’m a very averaged sized person. It seems silly to me to sell a surf boat at 100k that just doesn’t have the weight needed to produce a proper surfable wave. The boats should come with big enough bags to produce a wave for a 3 person crew. Period.

I’ve since done the wakemakers upgrade and holy moly is it a world of difference for my wife and I. Anyone on the fence, I’d highly recommend doing it.

This is all legal issues, even if you buy a RI265 for $250-300K you still need to add some weight I believe

Id like to see a bigger screen as well

Better audio options, Supreme has something like a warriors audio package with 2 12" subs and 4 tower speakers in dual enclosures
Really another sub and a downward facing tower audio option and it would be perfect.
Maybe a little more bow sound as well..

TOYMCHN
06-20-2022, 02:51 PM
This is all legal issues, even if you buy a RI265 for $250-300K you still need to add some weight I believe

Id like to see a bigger screen as well

Better audio options, Supreme has something like a warriors audio package with 2 12" subs and 4 tower speakers in dual enclosures
Really another sub and a downward facing tower audio option and it would be perfect.
Maybe a little more bow sound as well..

of course it is. everything is a legal thing nowadays

TOYMCHN
06-20-2022, 03:06 PM
I could honestly list off alot of things that i wish my moomba had, and of course theres always going to be improvements from year to year.. but at the end of the day, i bought a moomba because its a beautiful boat at an affordable price.

That said, some things i wish my Moomba max had that shouldnt break the bank:

A table option for the seatback area directly behind the drivers seat. it doesnt have to be large but even a small fold out tray would go a long way.

Cupholder cubbies in the speaker area above the seats so that when the center cushion is on, youre not covering youre only cupholder options up there.

the step pads on the rear seat and over engine bay have nice gatorstep on top of a hard plastic. this hard plastic has a very harsh edge on it and ive actually gouged my toe open pretty good and bled all over the boat. i need to figure out how to get in there and soften mine because they are quite sharp. go to a full step through design or soften this edge up rather than leave it a harsh 90*

im all for the upward and onward improvements to the bimini, tower, audio, surf system, etc.

Tommy2slow
06-21-2022, 12:33 AM
Allow me to engage/disengage zero off when the boat is under way!!

BrentC5Z
06-21-2022, 08:43 AM
I would really like an indicator for the rudder position. Something as simple as a green light when it’s pointed somewhere near straight.

Taking off with it turned has to be hard on it. It’s certainly hard on the surfer trying to learn to get up.

Jason1975
06-21-2022, 09:56 AM

i totally agree with this !!!!

RUGER761
06-21-2022, 10:54 AM
Cupholder cubbies in the speaker area above the seats so that when the center cushion is on, youre not covering youre only cupholder options up there.

This along with a few other items is why we ended up going with a Makai. Originally we were getting a Max. So drove 5 hrs down to a boat show that had both. Then we went back and forth between the two models at the show for a few hrs checking out all the features. But the lack of cupholder with the bow filler in was a pretty big one as we never take the bow filler out. Ended up biting the bullet and spent the extra $ once for the few more features.

2in2out
06-21-2022, 11:00 AM
I would really like an indicator for the rudder position. Something as simple as a green light when it’s pointed somewhere near straight.

Taking off with it turned has to be hard on it. It’s certainly hard on the surfer trying to learn to get up.

[emoji1375]This!!!!

2022 SA 450

MJHSupra
06-21-2022, 11:28 AM
I agree. I use the two rotation rule. If the wheel is turned right or left in the farthest position, two full rotations gets back to center.

arsnlgunnr
06-21-2022, 11:38 AM
I agree. I use the two rotation rule. If the wheel is turned right or left in the farthest position, two full rotations gets back to center.

i follow this as well and use the Moomba logo on the wheel as reference. two and half rotations will do it.

arsnlgunnr
06-21-2022, 11:46 AM
Allow me to engage/disengage zero off when the boat is under way!!

YES! such a pain having to stop, put throttle in neutral turn off zero off, then go again...

RUGER761
06-21-2022, 11:58 AM
YES! such a pain having to stop, put throttle in neutral turn off zero off, then go again...

Ours will let me turn it off, drop down just a few mph from the original set position and then I can throttle back up. Don't have to fully stop or put it in neutral.

uniwarking
06-21-2022, 12:09 PM
In short - it would be great if things just worked like they should and the boat delivered a solid wake/wave out of the box.

And maybe a better wave to fuel usage ratio - this 2022 sucks waaaaay more fuel then my 2013 Mojo did with lots of added ballast and the manual FLOW surf system. I've only got 20 something hours and fuel prices are astronomical so maybe I'm just a little sensitive to this topic right now :P

MJHSupra
06-21-2022, 01:18 PM
Someone on the FB group posted pics of an aftermarket mod for about the same price. I think the shop was in kentucky

I recall reading that too. The guy updated his Makai to have the flip up seats. A shop in KY did the work - Auto Kustoms. Bought the hinges from Taco Marine to try to mimic the seats that Centurion offers (they are expensive). Purchased some pecan chilltech material from SC. I recall the whole project costing around $3k.

Very cool mod

KnoxMojo
06-21-2022, 04:25 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Davis-385-Rudder-Position-Indicator/dp/B005GT6EZ0

Have this on our boat, very simple to install and use. Makes it easy on my wife for driving me while taking off. We also ease into the throttle to help with prop slip, it also uses less gas and gives time to straighten the rudder while not being under full load.

dyrmz134
06-25-2022, 09:29 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Davis-385-Rudder-Position-Indicator/dp/B005GT6EZ0

Have this on our boat, very simple to install and use. Makes it easy on my wife for driving me while taking off. We also ease into the throttle to help with prop slip, it also uses less gas and gives time to straighten the rudder while not being under full load.

Just ordered one! It's annoying as the driver & rider when you think the wheel is straight and it's not.

MauiJim
07-19-2022, 04:40 PM
1. A better/larger bimini - the one on our 22 Mojo on the A3 tower is smaller than I expected and as basic as it gets
2. Totally agree on the larger ballast mentioned in previous posts
3. A drop down swim step like you see on Malibu and Mastercraft
4. Agree with rudder indicator mentioned in previous posts - seems like that could be easily integrated on the screen
5. A larger display screen
6. Better colors (aka less primary basic colors)
7. Black Gatorstep option

That should do it for now.

HFarr
07-19-2022, 05:42 PM
I would agree to all of those..well, I do agree to all of those.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

vdubnick
07-19-2022, 09:08 PM
Tinted window option

SSurfer321
07-20-2022, 10:23 AM
Grommets at the tip of the surf pocket to allow water to drain, instead of the damn thing dripping on me all day.

WildH
07-20-2022, 10:50 PM
Grommets at the tip of the surf pocket to allow water to drain, instead of the damn thing dripping on me all day.

What would be great is a channel that moves it off to the side.

Would.like to see a 12 sub. And JL option vs WS. And...helm material that doesn't creek when the bass hits.

Otherwise I really don't think this boat is missing much. Maybe arm rests on the captains chair.

Oh... And better engine compartment panels.

haknslash
07-21-2022, 06:18 AM
I got to see a new 2023 Max. Can’t share the pics until Moomba does their thing but they made some nice changes especially in the interior.

HFarr
07-21-2022, 08:18 AM
I 100% agree with better engine/surf locker divider panels!

WildH
07-21-2022, 09:55 AM
I got to see a new 2023 Max. Can’t share the pics until Moomba does their thing but they made some nice changes especially in the interior.

Cool! I think the max needed it. The Makai and Kaiyen are maybe the nicest interiors. If they could replicate that to other models, it'd be sweet.

Mxmark4
07-21-2022, 12:08 PM
Bigger bimini top, better captains chair. Addition of a higher/taller pedestal. This has been one of the best mods I have made.

sandm
07-21-2022, 12:13 PM
Cool! I think the max needed it. The Makai and Kaiyen are maybe the nicest interiors. If they could replicate that to other models, it'd be sweet.

I've always thought of it this was as every boat builder can show the same analogy:

max=chevy HD work truck. does it all with the basics and can add some upfitting. same hardware as other chevys just missing some of the fluff.
makai/kaiyen=chevy silverado. does it all with more creature comforts and options.
SA/SL=gmc denali. does it all with every bell/whistle that skiers choice makes. some hardware shared with the chevy bros but some unique.

if you add all the gear to the HD truck, you now have a silverado. allows some on a tighter budget to skimp and for some others, they may not want some of the tech/fit-finish stuff.
just my take but I do recall when moomba rolled out the max, it was initially advertised as a surf boat first and foremost without some of the fluff.

WildH
07-21-2022, 05:48 PM
Bigger bimini top, better captains chair. Addition of a higher/taller pedestal. This has been one of the best mods I have made.

Higher pedastel on the captains chair? Do explain! I'd like.mine to be able to go up more rather than using the little fold up booster.

Mxmark4
07-21-2022, 06:49 PM
Higher pedastel on the captains chair? Do explain! I'd like.mine to be able to go up more rather than using the little fold up booster.

So my wife freakes out if she cant see clearly and is kinda short (5ft 4) so I put a 15 in tall pedestal in and she loves it. Clear vision over the windshield and she is comfortable. I was hesitant and had planned to cut it down but after using it I no longer stand to drive. Best 90 bucks I have spent so far.

Holdmybeer
07-21-2022, 10:30 PM
Here is the one you want if the wife and you are drastically different heights.

Also I plan to teach my daughters in a few years so this will be the saving grace to have more surfers.

https://www.amazon.com/Garelick-EEz-Adjustable-Positive-Pedestal/dp/B01K2ONAYQ

WildH
07-22-2022, 01:04 AM
Here is the one you want if the wife and you are drastically different heights.

Also I plan to teach my daughters in a few years so this will be the saving grace to have more surfers.

https://www.amazon.com/Garelick-EEz-Adjustable-Positive-Pedestal/dp/B01K2ONAYQ

Got ya. So does the seat still have the hydraulic adjust? This just adds to it?

Holdmybeer
07-22-2022, 07:52 AM
Got ya. So does the seat still have the hydraulic adjust? This just adds to it?

No clue.
I didn't have any adjustment on my moomba. Factory seat swivels and moves in and out but no up and down.
The new post gave me up and down adjustment.

If the newer seats have hydraulic adjustments, I'm thinking this WONT work for you.

Mxmark4
07-22-2022, 02:16 PM
My boat didnt have hydraulic lift and still doesn't since I went fixed height. But I have had no complaints and if it makes my wife happy enough to confidently pull me than Im happy.

TXSurf4
07-26-2022, 01:00 PM
So Supra went live with the 2023 stuff any predictions on how long until we see the Moomba 2023 update?

benny32
07-26-2022, 04:49 PM
I 100% agree with better engine/surf locker divider panels!

It's pretty crazy the amount of reinforcing you need to do on the engine divider panels to make them stick. I don't mind doing the work to upgrade the ballast because it's pretty easy work and gives a ton of bang for the buck but the engine divider panels just seem like an engineering fail.

larry_arizona
07-26-2022, 05:36 PM
It's pretty crazy the amount of reinforcing you need to do on the engine divider panels to make them stick. I don't mind doing the work to upgrade the ballast because it's pretty easy work and gives a ton of bang for the buck but the engine divider panels just seem like an engineering fail.

Seems like a decent market for an aftermarket moomba panel reinforcement kit.

$$$$$$, send me $5 per set for the idea.

Between thrusters and reinforcement kits………nevermind.

I will say the Supra’s still have stout dividers and the ballast is all subfloor. They should swap Supra panels with moomba panels, Supras don’t need them, moombas do.

Hayden
07-26-2022, 06:18 PM
My main frustrations (2021 Mojo):

1. Gatorstep (brown) peeling off in several places after 1 year
2. Bimni coverage w/upgraded tower is not enough, same with seat height issues
3. "Altitude/wake" prop option of (15.5x15) is completely out of touch with what is needed
4. Stitching around step pad (from transom to cabin) is not robust enough or needs a redesign
5. Sound dampening needs to be better
6. Rudder position indicator

HFarr
07-26-2022, 08:52 PM
Seems like a decent market for an aftermarket moomba panel reinforcement kit.

$$$$$$, send me $5 per set for the idea.

Between thrusters and reinforcement kits………nevermind.

I will say the Supra’s still have stout dividers and the ballast is all subfloor. They should swap Supra panels with moomba panels, Supras don’t need them, moombas do.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNow there is a good idea. The hdpe, or possibly mdpe they are using in the Moomba is just the wrong choice. The design shape is not ideal in my opinion, but with better material it would be acceptable. What is the material in the Supra?

MJHSupra
07-26-2022, 09:18 PM
So Supra went live with the 2023 stuff any predictions on how long until we see the Moomba 2023 update?

On social media today Drew said it would be in August. Nothing specific noted beyond that.

larry_arizona
07-26-2022, 09:47 PM
On social media today Drew said it would be in August. Nothing specific noted beyond that.

That’s just CRAZy!!!

WildH
07-27-2022, 07:59 AM
My main frustrations (2021 Mojo):

1. Gatorstep (brown) peeling off in several places after 1 year
2. Bimni coverage w/upgraded tower is not enough, same with seat height issues
3. "Altitude/wake" prop option of (15.5x15) is completely out of touch with what is needed
4. Stitching around step pad (from transom to cabin) is not robust enough or needs a redesign
5. Sound dampening needs to be better
6. Rudder position indicator

What do you think should be the "Altitude/Wake" prop? Lower pitch?

I swapped to a Acme 15.5 x 13.0. Lost a lot of top end speed, but it does surf better. Thinking of maybe sending back for 15.5 x 14.5. FWIW I emailed OJ props and the 15.5 x 15.0 is what they suggested for surf specific.

HFarr
07-27-2022, 08:22 AM

I swapped to a Acme 15.5 x 13.0. Lost a lot of top end speed, but it does surf better. Thinking of maybe sending back for 15.5 x 14.5. FWIW I emailed OJ props and the 15.5 x 15.0 is what they suggested for surf specific.I have the 15.5x15 on a Makai with a 1.76 trans and a 400 motor. WM ballast upgrade, full gas and crew of 10 or 12 (I have had 18 before too) I am pushing 12,000 lbs plus or minus a couple hundred depending on what grown adults are there. I have always been able to reach surf speed. I am just a few hundred feet above sea level though.

HFarr
07-27-2022, 08:22 AM
That’s just CRAZy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThere it is again! LOL!

HFarr
07-27-2022, 08:46 AM
I couldn't resist!! Supra has released the new model information. Let's SEe how long before Moomba does. They might be a little SLower, but I am going to SAy it won't be long. Of course that is just this old SR's opinion.

Mobius22
07-27-2022, 11:08 AM
Moomba is planned for early August

Hayden
07-27-2022, 01:33 PM

I swapped to a Acme 15.5 x 13.0. Lost a lot of top end speed, but it does surf better. Thinking of maybe sending back for 15.5 x 14.5. FWIW I emailed OJ props and the 15.5 x 15.0 is what they suggested for surf specific.

I called ACME and discussed the elevation and weight I was running at with them and they claimed the ACME 3407 (15.5x13x0.150, radius/pitch/cup) was the one I needed. I had used the ACME 2775 (15x12.5x0.075) last summer but the RPM's were so high and I was burning too much fuel. The stock OJ 930 (15.5x15x0.120) could barely get me out of the water and really struggled with the extra weight and pitch.

I run max nameplate weight at 3000' elevation and wanted to get down below 4400 rpm's at 11mph, 10 degree pitch. All of those factors together pushed me to the new prop. I don't know where the sweet spot would be, (maybe 15.5x14x0.150) but I felt the OJ 930 was very underwhelming.

If HFarr was able to make it work, then all the power to him. It definitely was not the case for me. I would want the "altitude/wake" prop to carry max nameplate on Lake Tahoe 6200'.

MJHSupra
07-27-2022, 03:49 PM
That’s just CRAZy!!!

too funny!

HFarr
07-27-2022, 05:24 PM
I called ACME and discussed the elevation and weight I was running at with them and they claimed the ACME 3407 (15.5x13x0.150, radius/pitch/cup) was the one I needed. I had used the ACME 2775 (15x12.5x0.075) last summer but the RPM's were so high and I was burning too much fuel. The stock OJ 930 (15.5x15x0.120) could barely get me out of the water and really struggled with the extra weight and pitch.

I run max nameplate weight at 3000' elevation and wanted to get down below 4400 rpm's at 11mph, 10 degree pitch. All of those factors together pushed me to the new prop. I don't know where the sweet spot would be, (maybe 15.5x14x0.150) but I felt the OJ 930 was very underwhelming.

If HFarr was able to make it work, then all the power to him. It definitely was not the case for me. I would want the "altitude/wake" prop to carry max nameplate on Lake Tahoe 6200'.I am basically at sea level where I run too.

MJHSupra
07-28-2022, 11:05 PM
Stopped by our local dealer today. They have a real nice 23 Mojo they just got in for their demo boat.

Raspberry with Black on the bottom hull. Darker interior seats with the light brown Gator Floor. Very sharp.

I think this one had some custom 1200# bags in the back and a different bag in the front. Doubt those came from the factory. Probably will some lead to move around. Betting it will throw some monsters. Looked like a great boat. Also was told about a 23 update on the interior.

Looked at a pic from the recent dealer days on a different model. Stock wave was ‘crazy’. I think people are going to like what they see. Stepping up the competition on the Axis.

WildH
07-28-2022, 11:41 PM

If HFarr was able to make it work, then all the power to him. It definitely was not the case for me. I would want the "altitude/wake" prop to carry max nameplate on Lake Tahoe 6200'.

What effect does the cup on a prop have? The 3407 (15.5x13x.0.150) has slightly different cup than the
3892 (15.5x14x0.105).

HFarr
07-29-2022, 07:42 AM
What effect does the cup on a prop have? The 3407 (15.5x13x.0.150) has slightly different cup than the
3892 (15.5x14x0.105).Here is a quick down and dirty, but there are several other videos that do a very good job of explaining how pitch and cup work together. https://youtu.be/WTVAPXQOosk

WildH
07-29-2022, 09:21 AM
Here is a quick down and dirty, but there are several other videos that do a very good job of explaining how pitch and cup work together. https://youtu.be/WTVAPXQOosk

Makes sense. So is 0.15 more or less cup than 0.105? Just not sure how that's measured.

larry_arizona
07-29-2022, 09:57 AM
Makes sense. So is 0.15 more or less cup than 0.105? Just not sure how that's measured.

It’s more.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220729/5d87be5e925198719b21371b05c9901b.jpg

larry_arizona
07-29-2022, 10:19 AM
You can see the edge is cupped.

Cupping is on the trailing edge, between 1/3 to 1/2 of the blade length only as the blade gets to thick as you get to hub.

Cupping, increases grip, effectively adds pitch,increases efficiency, lowers rpm, increases top speed.

Think of it like getting 2 pitches in one prop.

Take a 15x13 prop. Adding cup gives you all the low end pull of a 13 pitch and gives you top speed benefit of maybe a 14 pitch,best of both worlds.

WildH
07-29-2022, 12:21 PM
It’s more.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220729/5d87be5e925198719b21371b05c9901b.jpg

Perfect. That's exactly what I was wondering. Bigger number is more cupping.