PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Supra Models

MJHSupra
06-17-2022, 01:44 PM
So what would everyone want to see on the new 23s?

The next Supra in the 'rotation' would be SE, but then the newer ideas will flow over to the SA, SL, etc.

mgswake
06-17-2022, 02:52 PM
I am ordering a 2023 SL this week and dealer told me no major changes for 2022 to 2023 SL.

I am wondering if the SE and SA will get the bow walkthrough/air damn.bowfiller combo. Also, if the SA/SE will get the observer cutout like the SL has (not sure if SE already has this). Finally, would be nice if they put the battery cover and flush amp rack in the SA/SE that the SL has.

Those are the features that sold me on the SL over the SA. If the SA had those features I would be looking harder at the SA.

2in2out
06-17-2022, 04:50 PM
Some things I would like to see on the SA/SE line:

As mentioned flush amp rack and battery like the SL with accessible jump start lugs.

The bow seat, arm rest, air dam config of the SL

Memory drivers seat with driver 1 and driver 2 settings

Wearable transfer switch like Nautiques have
Covered Trickle charger plug on exterior of boat ( the 22 plug set-up is horrible)

Incorporate Sonic’s trash chute for the trash in the starboard bench end with 5 gal can

Cooler compartment in OB compartment that opens into walkway, or a lifting mechanism for the floor cooler (thinking air bag or water bladder)

12v cooler option

Hinged corner cushions

Factory completed ceramic coating option

Same key for surf locker and ignition

Key/wrist FOB or phone key app for ignition

Better hinges for the transmission hatch (the only greater frustration in life is having with a teenage daughter)

Plug holder in battery switch compartment

Less useless swag. Towel was good, thermal cup was meh, and key chain went to donation. I’d rather the price be lowered the $20 those items cost.

2022 SA 450

larry_arizona
06-17-2022, 05:45 PM
Factory ceramic coating would be bad idea.

There are so many factory scuffs, scratches,mars and gloss correction that is required on a new boat before I would ceramic coat it.

The leather key chain is bolted to my tower and works as a rope holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
06-19-2022, 11:04 AM
I am ordering a 2023 SL this week and dealer told me no major changes for 2022 to 2023 SL.

Good deal. What is your build date?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
06-21-2022, 01:33 PM
Curious to see the new colors on both Supra and Moomba.

I'm betting the ballast is increased from 4100#s to somewhere around 4500-4750#s for the SE.

2in2out
06-21-2022, 03:53 PM
As brought up before in the 2023 Moomba wishlist, a rudder position indicator would be great. I hate going back and forth between full lock to find center.

2022 SA 450

KnoxMojo
06-21-2022, 04:21 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Davis-385-Rudder-Position-Indicator/dp/B005GT6EZ0

I know some would never use this, but I'm not uppity and more DIY with finding solutions for my SA. Put this on my steering wheel a couple years ago, very simple and works great! Also, people having issues, just don't go WOT on takeoff, ease into the throttle. That does 2 things, keeps the prop from slipping so it engages better and uses less gas and it gives the driver time to correct the rudder to straight while not being under load.

larry_arizona
06-21-2022, 07:13 PM
I used to want a rudder indicator, however it just really isn’t that critical. Even at full lock it’s easy to correct quickly.

You get a little wiggle, but net result to rider is minimal.

mjb929rr
06-21-2022, 09:14 PM
My buddy just wrapped his July build on a 23 Se. Essentially has all the updated features Of the 22SL but updated ballast to 4700 lbs. The shocker is the 2023 msrp prices. His build price was 271k msrp. For comparison sake we built a 2022 sl and se before finalizing our purchase. They were within 1500 of each other with an msrp of 231-233k. We ended up going going the sl route. Essentially almost a 15% increase from 22-23.

HFarr
06-21-2022, 11:08 PM
Wow. At that rate Supra will be overpriced just like Nautique and MC.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

mgswake
06-22-2022, 08:06 AM
They are overpriced IMHO. I wish one of the big companies would make a budget boat without all the fancy electronics. I just want a nice wake machine. Heck, Axis and Moomba are well over 100k now. Even Heydays are over 100k. Seems like the rising prices at the top just kept dragging the lower end brands up in price. Hard to even find a deal on a used boat right now. The past year or two, they have all been priced over what the original owners paid. I can't see how people keep dishing out the money for these boats. When you start approaching 200-300k what average person has that kind of money to throw at a wake boat? It is baffling to me, but the demand seems just as high as ever.

larry_arizona
06-22-2022, 01:04 PM
Mind is blown that in 2018 a well equipped SA could be had for $100k with dealer discount and potentially a 2023 SA would be $230k with dealer discount……

haknslash
06-22-2022, 01:55 PM
I’m not seeing over 200k quotes for 2023 SA or SL from my dealer. What specs are y’all seeing these builds at? Even if I opt for 450 engine, thrusters, etc the build is not that high, at least in my area.

I agree with everyone these prices are absurd and hard to swallow, especially when you look at just a few years ago how steep the price has climbed. Weigh that against the latest tech or do-dads and it’s really hard to swallow in some cases. I’ve been weighing out an upgrade and would likely go SL over SA but I just don’t know if the cost over my Max is really going to be worth the squeeze when I only use the boat every other week or so at our current boat usage rate. That being said love the new Supra boats!

mgswake
06-22-2022, 02:02 PM
@haknslash Are you pricing the 2023? I think there is a big price increase coming that hasn’t been applied to the online builder yet. Or, have you priced 2023’s with your dealer?

I spec’d an SL400 2022 and it was 182,000 before dealer discount. Add a 450/550 and thruster and you are at or over 200k. That is a 2022, prices are jumping up for 2023.

mjb929rr
06-22-2022, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=haknslash;379710]I’m not seeing over 200k quotes for 2023 SA or SL from my dealer. What specs are y’all seeing these builds at? Even if I opt for 450 engine, thrusters, etc the build is not that high, at least in my area.

I agree with everyone these prices are absurd and hard to swallow, especially when you look at just a few years ago how steep the price has climbed. Weigh that against the latest tech or do-dads and it’s really hard to swallow in some cases. I’ve been weighing out an upgrade and would likely go SL over SA but I just don’t know if the cost over my Max is really going to be worth the squeeze when I only use the boat every other week or so at our current boat usage rate. That being said love the new Supra boats![/QUOTE
A lot of it has to do with options

We had 70k just in options over the standard price. You start adding thrusters, 550, and trailer options it adds up pretty quick.

TXSurf4
06-22-2022, 02:11 PM
Ya the new prices are a real bummer. Does anyone think that these MSRPs will hold long term?

larry_arizona
06-22-2022, 02:16 PM
Ya the new prices are a real bummer. Does anyone think that these MSRPs will hold long term?

You will never see MSRP’s drop, as we enter a recession, and interest rates continue to increase and buying power drop, discounts off MSRP will return.

But you will never see a 2025 MSRP be less than a 2024 MSRP

larry_arizona
06-22-2022, 02:29 PM
2022 SA pretty easy to get above 200k, add 15% price hike and it’s in the $230k’s

A 230% price increase in 5 years.

mgswake
06-22-2022, 03:39 PM
I had to look up the equation, but 230% seemed off. It’s 130% increase. But still just mind blowing that the prices have increased so much. Prior to Covid I complained about increases and now they are just getting worse.

I truly blame walesurfing as it has just exploded in participation. And, because of the low impact and relatively low learning curve compared to other water sports, it has brought with it a older crowd with better credit and deeper pockets. That’s not supposed to be a dog at wakesurfing, just my rationale on what is driving up prices. Also, the supply chain issues and inflation.

HFarr
06-22-2022, 04:05 PM
LOL! Low impact, Old guy, low learning curve! You just profiled me perfectly! Ha, Ha. But hey, old guy is relative you know!

2in2out
06-22-2022, 04:19 PM
These days you have to grow old before you can afford a boat, so old guys wakesurfing is going to be the new norm.

2022 SA 450

mgswake
06-22-2022, 04:22 PM
Not trying to insult anyone. I have seen wakesurf injuries, just not as many as skiing and wakeboarding. And the learning curve more for getting up. The tricks are still difficult. And you are right old is a relative term. But I’ve seen people in middle age coming back to boating or just getting into solely based on their wakesurfing experience. This is all anecdotal from talking with friends, forum posts, and FB posts

larry_arizona
06-22-2022, 04:46 PM
I had to look up the equation, but 230% seemed off. It’s 130% increase. But still just mind blowing that the prices have increased so much. Prior to Covid I complained about increases and now they are just getting worse.

I truly blame walesurfing as it has just exploded in participation. And, because of the low impact and relatively low learning curve compared to other water sports, it has brought with it a older crowd with better credit and deeper pockets. That’s not supposed to be a dog at wakesurfing, just my rationale on what is driving up prices. Also, the supply chain issues and inflation.

Thanks for correcting, yes, still mind blowing

HFarr
06-22-2022, 05:24 PM
Not trying to insult anyone. I have seen wakesurf injuries, just not as many as skiing and wakeboarding. And the learning curve more for getting up. The tricks are still difficult. And you are right old is a relative term. But I’ve seen people in middle age coming back to boating or just getting into solely based on their wakesurfing experience. This is all anecdotal from talking with friends, forum posts, and FB postsI'm not insulted.
Just poking fun

j.mo
06-22-2022, 05:39 PM
They are overpriced IMHO. I wish one of the big companies would make a budget boat without all the fancy electronics. I just want a nice wake machine. Heck, Axis and Moomba are well over 100k now. Even Heydays are over 100k. Seems like the rising prices at the top just kept dragging the lower end brands up in price. Hard to even find a deal on a used boat right now. The past year or two, they have all been priced over what the original owners paid. I can't see how people keep dishing out the money for these boats. When you start approaching 200-300k what average person has that kind of money to throw at a wake boat? It is baffling to me, but the demand seems just as high as ever.

Idk man, my buddies ‘19 T22 is just that.
A wake tractor. Nothing more in my opinion lol.
No frills. At all.

haknslash
06-22-2022, 05:52 PM
@haknslash Are you pricing the 2023? I think there is a big price increase coming that hasn’t been applied to the online builder yet. Or, have you priced 2023’s with your dealer?

I spec’d an SL400 2022 and it was 182,000 before dealer discount. Add a 450/550 and thruster and you are at or over 200k. That is a 2022, prices are jumping up for 2023.

Yes quotes are for 2022 build sheet with an $18k 2023 price increase line item tacked on. I don’t think my dealer has updated their spec sheet to say 2023 until after the 2023 SC dealer meeting happening I think this week or very soon. Boat was moderately equipped with 400 and prop upgrade. Only options I didn’t splurge on were trailer options or 2 pair of tower speakers etc. had enough room to add 450 engine and thrusters not going over $200k. Idk. I can’t really fathom upgrading right now since my Max does plenty for what really matters without the luxury. We have been waiting on housing market to crash so we can get in on a home foreclosure. After then a boat upgrade maybe.

KnoxMojo
06-22-2022, 06:32 PM
Not trying to insult anyone. I have seen wakesurf injuries, just not as many as skiing and wakeboarding. And the learning curve more for getting up. The tricks are still difficult. And you are right old is a relative term. But I’ve seen people in middle age coming back to boating or just getting into solely based on their wakesurfing experience. This is all anecdotal from talking with friends, forum posts, and FB posts

You are exactly right about the wakesurf only crowd driving up prices. But we also have way better tech now and boats are so much easier to use than 5-10 years ago. 6 pump ballast has been a blessing, knowing the running attitude of the boat at a glance and other advances. But yeah, upper middle class that only surf are driving prices up. Sucks to say that I am priced out of the new Supra market. Even a new well equipped Mojo is $20k higher than I paid for our brand new SA in '18.

uniwarking
06-22-2022, 06:53 PM
Just a few things to think about…. there is a lot at play here…. everything is through the roof pricing wise. So much has changed in 10 years with the build quality and tech on these boats... just like automotive, Ag equipment and about anything else. Corona also drive prices of everything from raw materials to micros up and the supply chain still hasn’t recovered. Many of these price increases are likely only maintaining margin on sales, it’s a tough place to be. Corona also drive people outside… and into hobbies that were family/close friend oriented such as boating. Many of our local sporting good/outdoor stores were waiting on truck loads of pre-sold kayaks not too long ago too.

And sure, “old” people surf… but I think there are more young people not skiing, kneeboarding and wakeboarding and opting to surf instead. Just like everything else, things change. Often times, I’m also seeing wakeboats being used by people who don’t even participate in water sports… maybe a tube but the racks are empty and they’re anchored up or on the beach.

I think if you looked at runabouts or pontoon boats, pricing growth would be similar.

larry_arizona
06-22-2022, 07:59 PM
You are exactly right about the wakesurf only crowd driving up prices. But we also have way better tech now and boats are so much easier to use than 5-10 years ago. 6 pump ballast has been a blessing, knowing the running attitude of the boat at a glance and other advances. But yeah, upper middle class that only surf are driving prices up. Sucks to say that I am priced out of the new Supra market. Even a new well equipped Mojo is $20k higher than I paid for our brand new SA in '18.

I am tapped out of Supra now too. But honestly a GEN2 or GEN3 SA is leaving me wanting for nothing.

One bonus with high gas prices is Lake traffic is way down this season.

KnoxMojo
06-22-2022, 08:24 PM
I am tapped out of Supra now too. But honestly a GEN2 or GEN3 SA is leaving me wanting for nothing.

One bonus with high gas prices is Lake traffic is way down this season.

Gas isn't stopping anyone around us so far, but have a feeling the longer it lasts, the less traffic there will be. A 2020 SA would be awesome some day, could have traded mine in on a used one, but would have had to throw down another $20k or so. No thanks, lol. My 18 has been pretty rock solid other than the V drive, now having the 1.7, no huge reason to upgrade.

larry_arizona
06-22-2022, 08:43 PM
Gas isn't stopping anyone around us so far, but have a feeling the longer it lasts, the less traffic there will be. A 2020 SA would be awesome some day, could have traded mine in on a used one, but would have had to throw down another $20k or so. No thanks, lol. My 18 has been pretty rock solid other than the V drive, now having the 1.7, no huge reason to upgrade.

That 1.7 is the best upgrade available.

haknslash
06-22-2022, 10:13 PM
I’ve noticed less traffic as well the few times we’ve been out this season. Still fairly crowded but nowhere near 2020 or 2021 amount of boaters.

mgswake
06-23-2022, 10:05 AM
Idk man, my buddies ‘19 T22 is just that.
A wake tractor. Nothing more in my opinion lol.
No frills. At all.

I have looked at Axis, but in my opinion they should be closer to 80k new. At the price range of a new Axis, you might as well just get into a premium boat. I have been waiting for my wife to finish her residency so I have been watching boat prices for the past 4 years or so. I was really looking hard at used G23's. Prior to covid, a 2016-2017 used G23 were 85-100k. That was in 2018-2019. Now three years LATER and those same boats are 100-120k. I know a lot of that has to do with supply/demand and covid pricing, but my whole frustration is it feels like there has been more than just those outside factors causing price increases. New prices have jumped and used boats got a huge inflation and in a lot of cases are selling for more than they were bought for. I know its a free market and people can sell for whatever there boat commands, but I just think it is crazy that a depreciating asset for years becomes an apprcieting asset overnight. Again, its a free market and more power to them, but how long can these prices continue to rise? We have already had a couple people say they are priced out.

sandm
06-23-2022, 11:22 AM
but I just think it is crazy that a depreciating asset for years becomes an apprcieting asset overnight. Again, its a free market and more power to them, but how long can these prices continue to rise? We have already had a couple people say they are priced out.

it's happening everywhere. we sold our chevy silverado in december for more than I paid for it 1 year old in 2017. the colorado I bought to replace it was priced right at msrp for a 5 year old truck with 36k on the clock. I did the quick math before finalizing and had we done the deal 2 years earlier before all the nonsense the actual out of pocket cash would have been very similar. if you are trying to get into the market as a first time, it's stupid expensive. if you're selling to upgrade, not quite as painful as you are going to net more at trade in on your current whip.
been tempted a couple times to sell the '17 kawi z650. I got a steal on it as a 2 year old leftover in '19 and I could sell today for 2k more than I paid for it. I want a bigger ride and pricing for them is crazy but looking at actual out of pocket to do it, it's not bad.

go back to covid 2020 and all the free money they gave away to both individuals and companies drove a lot of this as well. there's also dealer greed. the tige I bought in 2020 caused a little ruckus when a couple closer "local" dealers found out what I paid from a dealer 1500 miles away. there was almost 15k difference between dealers.

larry_arizona
06-23-2022, 12:43 PM
An observation…….

I Bought a NEW leftover stock 2003 Honda Aquatrax R12x (MSRP $10k) in 2005 for $6900 with a trailer out the door.

Rode it for 6 years and sold it to one of my friends in 2011 for $4600.

He rode it for 10 years and sold it summer 2021 for $8200.

18 year old PWC sold for more than I paid new. CRAZY!!!

j.mo
06-23-2022, 11:06 PM
I have a feeling access to capital may become a factor in demand.
Not so easy to get a heloc or refinance homes with the rates they are.
I’ve never financed a boat, so I’m not exactly sure, but I believe these are the most common forms of financing for them? At least In regards to the new market.

larry_arizona
06-24-2022, 08:16 AM
Just checked my credit union, still 3.99 for up to 20 years.

HFarr
06-24-2022, 09:35 AM
Just checked my credit union, still 3.99 for up to 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWow. Will they do a house for that rate?! 20 year homea are in the 5+ range most places

larry_arizona
06-24-2022, 11:37 AM
Wow. Will they do a house for that rate?! 20 year homea are in the 5+ range most places

No, rates are in the 5’s for mortgage and 6-8% on HELO’s

But still low on boats

j.mo
06-26-2022, 10:03 PM
What kind of deals are people seeing on an order? Any?

MJHSupra
06-27-2022, 10:45 AM

Deals? As in some type of offer outside of price? I have not heard of any new incentives to move buyers. I guess no need to offer them since the demand has been so high.

Last I heard from the local dealer, people are still putting down deposits for new 23 models. Will see how the market proceeds through the summer and into the fall More and more boats For Sale right now, but June/July are hot months for selling and buying.

MJHSupra
06-27-2022, 10:53 AM
Must have been a video shoot going on last week on Tellico Lake. I caught a glimpse of something in the Supra line.

Those teaser videos will be here before you know it. SC has done a nice job of them in past.

larry_arizona
06-27-2022, 10:57 AM
I recall on plant tour last summer, there was something NEW coming for 2023, my assumption then was a new Gen SE.

From the rumors of 4500+ ballast…..I will put my bet on a new SE, the SE is next on the list.

SA next year?

j.mo
06-27-2022, 11:22 AM
Deals? As in some type of offer outside of price? I have not heard of any new incentives to move buyers. I guess no need to offer them since the demand has been so high.

Last I heard from the local dealer, people are still putting down deposits for new 23 models. Will see how the market proceeds through the summer and into the fall More and more boats For Sale right now, but June/July are hot months for selling and buying.

Pricing off msrp on orders for delivery next year.

KnoxMojo
06-27-2022, 12:15 PM
Must have been a video shoot going on last week on Tellico Lake. I caught a glimpse of something in the Supra line.

Those teaser videos will be here before you know it. SC has done a nice job of them in past.

That was dealer days for the '23 Supra line going on up on Tellico. The photo and video shoots were a couple months ago.

MJHSupra
06-27-2022, 01:33 PM
That was dealer days for the '23 Supra line going on up on Tellico. The photo and video shoots were a couple months ago.

I forgot about those dealer days.

mjb929rr
06-27-2022, 02:22 PM

Dealers in our area are 15-17% off Supra and about 5-7% off moomba

j.mo
06-27-2022, 02:30 PM
Dealers in our area are 15-17% off Supra and about 5-7% off moomba

Any idea what they were back before the madness? 30% or so?

mjb929rr
06-27-2022, 02:46 PM
I really think it’s pretty similar to precovid.

Mobius22
06-27-2022, 04:20 PM
Some of y'all are good guessers in this thread

KnoxMojo
06-27-2022, 05:15 PM

And some people sign NDA's and want to get invited back, lol

larry_arizona
06-27-2022, 05:39 PM
Any idea what they were back before the madness? 30% or so?

I want to say dealer margin is around 33-35%

2018 SA, 22% off
2021 SA, 20.5% off plus a little more on thrusters specifically.

MJHSupra
06-27-2022, 05:42 PM

That’s the fun of it.

j.mo
06-27-2022, 07:31 PM
I want to say dealer margin is around 33-35%

2018 SA, 22% off
2021 SA, 20.5% off plus a little more on thrusters specifically.

Would it be fair to say it’s possible to get 21-22% off on an SE build price of $171k?
What dealer do you use?

larry_arizona
06-27-2022, 08:44 PM
Would it be fair to say it’s possible to get 21-22% off on an SE build price of $171k?
What dealer do you use?

I haven’t shopped a 22, but I doubt my dealer is offering 20% off this year.

j.mo
06-27-2022, 08:47 PM
I haven’t shopped a 22, but I doubt my dealer is offering 20% off this year.

Next year? [emoji1787]

Would you be able to make a call?

MJHSupra
06-28-2022, 11:28 AM
What dealer do you use?

Doubt you will find any MSRP of the new SE model anywhere close to $171 even with the 450 motor.

Plus, most 22 models I see have the big motor option.

I guess we will soon find out . . . .

j.mo
06-28-2022, 01:07 PM
Doubt you will find any MSRP of the new SE model anywhere close to $171 even with the 450 motor.

Plus, most 22 models I see have the big motor option.

I guess we will soon find out . . . .

I built a 22 on the builder last night.
172 for SE
162 for SL

basically just the cost difference in the 400 to 450.

If I could get 22%, I’d go for it.

mjb929rr
06-28-2022, 02:36 PM
172 for SE
162 for SL

My friend just built a 23 se at the dealer. Base price is approximately 15% higher than a 2022 so keep that in mind. The builder doesn’t currently reflect the pricing correctly

mgswake
06-28-2022, 02:52 PM
172 for SE
162 for SL

What options did you add? The options add up fast from my experience on the builder.

j.mo
06-28-2022, 03:53 PM
What options did you add? The options add up fast from my experience on the builder.

Not many.
I’m a pretty simple cat.
Tower camera, mirror, surf pipe, flake gelcoat.
No tower speakers, I’d have that all done with wetsounds.
No fancy gatorstep or colored stitching, thrusters etc.

Here’s a photo of the config. SE same color. You get the idea.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220628/acb7b6e16bb812be19c6fe0827c80cd3.jpg

larry_arizona
06-29-2022, 02:37 PM
If I am not mistaken…..the 2022 builder doesn’t reflect current pricing as I believe there was a Feb price increase.

Add to that the pending 2023 price increase and I doubt any dealers are give 22% discounts anymore.

Side note, the current JL sound system is insanely good, even better after a little tuning.

haknslash
06-29-2022, 06:01 PM
My dealer was discounting 20% on a 2023 SL and SA build we were quoting. It also included the $17-18k 2023 price increases for the boats respectively. I was around $172k with the SL hit that did not include thrusters or the 450 engine he had spec’d out. If I were buying I’d add thrusters but maybe keep the 400 since the newer trans ratio and near sea level should be enough. I know resale would probably be better with the 450 though.

mgswake
06-30-2022, 07:58 AM
Hak, if you are worried about resale just keep and run the heck out of it!!! Are you leaning toward an upgrade, or just pricing them out?

haknslash
06-30-2022, 08:41 AM
Was toying around the idea of upgrading but the wife said not a good time since we need to focus on our next project of jumping on another house when we see one we like. These interest rates are starting to cool the market and prices are slowly dropping back down but more importantly the home selections are opening up.

The rough numbers we were looking at for the boat upgrade had my trade-in well below what I can get for it via private party sale, so I wouldn’t be trading in my Max with them if I were to upgrade.

larry_arizona
07-19-2022, 10:23 PM
It’s actually CrazSE that we haven’t heard anything new on the Supra/Moombas for 2023 yet.

MJHSupra
07-19-2022, 10:35 PM
172 for SE
162 for SL

I was referring to the 2023 model.

HFarr
07-19-2022, 11:15 PM
It’s actually CrazSE that we haven’t heard anything new on the Supra/Moombas for 2023 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOh my God! How long have you been waiting to use that?! LOL!

Mobius22
07-20-2022, 08:07 AM

We're usually last to the update party if you all remember years past

TXSurf4
07-20-2022, 08:40 AM

LMAO!!! Surprising we haven't seen a teaser yet. Last year the SL teaser was July 14th.

gpippin08
07-20-2022, 09:38 AM
My dealer had a 2023 SA come in this week that I’m going to check out this Saturday. I’ll snap some pics of anything different, he told me they redesigned the captains chair a bit the last time I was in.

larry_arizona
07-20-2022, 09:50 AM
My dealer had a 2023 SA come in this week that I’m going to check out this Saturday. I’ll snap some pics of anything different, he told me they redesigned the captains chair a bit the last time I was in.

Interesting on the 23 captains chair as it was just updated in 21.

larry_arizona
07-20-2022, 10:06 AM
We're usually last to the update party if you all remember years past

Ohhh we are well aware of SC’s lateness Drew, lol, just trying to create some buzz on here.

By far my favorite time of year pouring over and figuring out what’s new.

Mobius22
07-21-2022, 09:38 AM
Interesting on the 23 captains chair as it was just updated in 21.

The seat itself isn't different but base and actuators are... and allows for a lot of cool new features. Aesthetically, it's much improved as well

MJHSupra
07-25-2022, 09:40 AM
Unleash The Beast . . . ha ha

MJHSupra
07-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Speaking of beasts, I was on a 2022 Centurion Ri265 last TUES night, yikes is that thing big. My first though when climbing aboard, dam b/c I would not want this many people on my boat - 12 peeps and 3 dogs. Nuts.

sandm
07-25-2022, 11:01 AM
Speaking of beasts, I was on a 2022 Centurion Ri265 last TUES night, yikes is that thing big. My first though when climbing aboard, dam b/c I would not want this many people on my boat - 12 peeps and 3 dogs. Nuts.

did u ride it? I got on one back on 2020 and it was without a doubt the best factory wave without any added ballast I have ever ridden on. bow rise was silly and as you call out the size of the boat is just plain crazy but if you want an out of the box surf wave, imo centurion is one of the best out there.
don't ask about fit/finish tho. same day I was on boone's SL and it's night and day comparing centurion to supra in the interior department.

Mxmark4
07-25-2022, 11:23 AM

Did you go out with the knoxville boat center guys? I went out on their ri245 and it was a cool boat ram fill is sweet but I had a hard time surfing it. The wave is so much bigger than my mondo and I had a hard time figuring it out. The triple wet sounds tower enclosures with 3 8s or 10s each is pretty cool. But the interior does lack that nice finishing touches.

mgswake
07-25-2022, 12:20 PM
Looks like the Supra website has been updated. There are two new colors that I saw just briefly looking at it. Iced coffee and Mint green flake. Didn't seem like the pricing was updated yet as the base price wasn't changing for me as I added options.

On a side note, I got some pictures of my 2023SL build. Should be at the dealer soon. He asked me not to share the factory pictures. I will post some pictures as soon as I take delivery.

TXSurf4
07-25-2022, 12:53 PM
Looks like the Supra website has been updated. There are two new colors that I saw just briefly looking at it. Iced coffee and Mint green flake. Didn't seem like the pricing was updated yet as the base price wasn't changing for me as I added options.

On a side note, I got some pictures of my 2023SL build. Should be at the dealer soon. He asked me not to share the factory pictures. I will post some pictures as soon as I take delivery.

New SE lines and gel coat sections are done nicely. A definite improvement IMO. Looks like it got all the SL improvements as well as 4700# of ballast.

Mobius22
07-25-2022, 01:13 PM

Options pricing won't be shown on the builder, dealer will quote you once the build is sent to them

j.mo
07-25-2022, 02:41 PM
Options pricing won't be shown on the builder, dealer will quote you once the build is sent to them

How far out was your delivery time?

mgswake
07-25-2022, 02:59 PM
How far out was your delivery time?

I'm guessing you were referencing my 2023SL and the whole quote didn't come through on your phone? I actually ordered a 2022 in October and then the dealer came back and told me they didn't have the build slot available they thought they did. I had to wait for the first available 2023 spot. So, I have been patiently waiting since October.

MJHSupra
07-25-2022, 03:42 PM
did u ride it? I got on one back on 2020 and it was without a doubt the best factory wave without any added ballast I have ever ridden on. bow rise was silly and as you call out the size of the boat is just plain crazy but if you want an out of the box surf wave, imo centurion is one of the best out there.
don't ask about fit/finish tho. same day I was on boone's SL and it's night and day comparing centurion to supra in the interior department.

Yes, I got to take a few on the surfboard. It had 5-6K of ballast plus 11 people, so the wave was very tall and plenty of push. I was thinking it was going to be longer, but it wasn't. I asked a bunch of questions to the driver, but could not see how he was running the tabs on the boat. Motor ran fine with all of that weight, I was thinking it would struggle a little..

I was on a 2020 as well and was not impressed at all with the interior. Now their interiors are better and are closing the gap. I liked their the Roswell Racks. Not sure if the tower speakers are growing on me, it's different. It was loud in the cockpit area b/c of the angle of the speakers.

MJHSupra
07-25-2022, 03:45 PM
New SE lines and gel coat sections are done nicely. A definite improvement IMO. Looks like it got all the SL improvements as well as 4700# of ballast.

Agree. I got to see one on the lake. Probably the one they will use in promos. Nice looking. I did not see the inside.

larry_arizona
07-25-2022, 04:31 PM
SE looks like a big SL.

Dark brown interior and gatorstep is sweet.

Not feeling the transom surf selector

Midship underwater is awesome.

New mocha and green flake meh, but is twilight flake available? Twilight is so nice.

j.mo
07-25-2022, 05:28 PM
I’m VERY interested in real pricing and delivery times.
I’m stuck between a conundrum of scenarios.
1. Run current Supra 3 seasons or 400hrs. Whichever comes first. Currently at 160hr
2. Wait for a great deal on the used market for a 3yr or so old boat. Preferably Supra or natique.
3. Order a new SL/SE and roll with the punches of cost. Because, 3 more seasons I’ll be 36, going on 40 and I might as well have a new boat now rather than 40, especially while we don’t have kids [emoji12]
Now better time than now to go big.

I do have the option to pick up a 22 23lsv with 50hrs in the $120k range. But I really don’t like the colors, and I’m not a fan of Malibu to say. Might as well get what we really want, or keep what we have.

MJHSupra
07-25-2022, 08:49 PM
SE looks like a big SL.

Dark brown interior and gatorstep is sweet.

Not feeling the transom surf selector

Midship underwater is awesome.

New mocha and green flake meh, but is twilight flake available? Twilight is so nice.

Per the colors and the brown interior seats, I’m going need to see that in person. Not feeling it.

Love the Gator.

Agree on the transom selector. Maybe I just do not understand how my life will be easier as the main driver.

To me, exterior colors of orange, yellow, or green all are in the same category. All are not that popular. That green flake will be popping in the sun.

larry_arizona
07-26-2022, 12:52 PM
Curious how the midship underwater lights are integrated……liquid Lumens?

sandm
07-26-2022, 12:54 PM
To me, exterior colors of orange, yellow, or green all are in the same category. All are not that popular.

true statement. our '06 supra was orange and one dealer had it consigned for 2 months with no activity and said it was color. second dealer took it on a trade and they sat on it for 3 months before selling it below trade and their comment again was color. granted the last couple of years threw all that out the window as everything is selling but bet there are quite a few families out there sitting in those colors wishing they were something else but it's all that was available.

not sure I get the transom selector. most people only surf one side or the other and as the primary driver, I would make it a point to know who rides which side and take care of it at the helm-my up I always made sure it was on the right settings before handing over the wheel. I see a lot of kids messing with this while people are riding and premature wear of tabs/parts. lots of bitching about broken transom remotes on several brands. here's another thing to break imo.

larry_arizona
07-26-2022, 01:30 PM
Would be nice if the selector knob was available to the spotter. That way the spotter could communicate with rider and do transfers and allow the driver to drive.

I don’t mind hitting the transfer switch on steering wheel, but it takes coordination with the rider that I am watching in mirror/camera.

Zog
07-26-2022, 02:14 PM
I like the Surf Band from Malibu/Axis for this functionality rather than the transom touch pad kind of situation. It looks like you have to swipe to indicate your side. I haven't had anyone complain about the driver running the surf side except when I forget to switch it back on after restarting due to the stupid software issue that makes the wake plate inoperable if the surf switch is on during the reboot cycle.

I really like that there are very few optional selections on the Supra line.

By the way, we really like our yellow/black boat. makes me feel like Batman!

HFarr
07-26-2022, 08:57 PM
Guy on our lake just bought an Orange and Black SL. It's a 2022. Looks really sharp I must say. Even though those colors are not my thing.

SONIC
07-27-2022, 08:32 AM
Is the transom surf switch part of the stereo transom remote or is it standalone?

if it's part of the stereo setup then cool, just software (it's useless IMO but no added cost or failure modes)

If it's standalone for the sole sake of being a sur side selector it seems to me like useless fluff that's just going to be one more thing to break (hit it with a wakeboard, kids step on it and knock it off, etc) or fail (water intrusion, toushscreen)

MJHSupra
08-05-2022, 05:56 PM
I've been noticing the posts on social media after the 2023 Supra models were released.

Lots of posts on MSRP, not too much on what people are buying them for. I know every dealer is different.
And WOWZA on that new SE, 575 motor and those other goodies. I get costs and inflation, but dang those must be some good margins on all those options.

The other thing on the used boat side of the world, as the 2023s are popping up, the customers that buy new boats every year are starting to post when their boats will be available: Sept, Oct, Nov, of this year. Funny thing is, not many are listing a price for what they want on a used 2022 boat. I know peeps would rather sell in the fall and build the new one in the spring and not maintain a boat payment over the winter.

Should be interesting to see where the market goes and if there is any change in demand. Dang has the boat-game changed since I bought a used 2018 SL in Aug of 2019.

KnoxMojo
08-05-2022, 06:14 PM
I've been noticing the posts on social media after the 2023 Supra models were released.

Dang has the boat-game changed since I bought a used 2018 SL in Aug of 2019.

I am with you, Zach told me if I ever wanted an SA at a great price, then buy Ron. He was right!! I am sorry, but there's not a new Supra out that's $40k -$120k better than my 18 SA. We will have this boat until there is enough justification in tech to warrant the change. Even then, highly doubt we will. Can repower, new driveline, new screen, most everything twice for less that price difference to new.

HFarr
08-05-2022, 07:09 PM
I am with you, Zach told me if I ever wanted an SA at a great price, then buy Ron. He was right!! I am sorry, but there's not a new Supra out that's $40k -$120k better than my 18 SA. We will have this boat until there is enough justification in tech to warrant the change. Even then, highly doubt we will. Can repower, new driveline, new screen, most everything twice for less that price difference to new.Very true. You cold completely rebuild your motor (and add hp in the process) and re-upholster everything and still not spend that kind of money.

larry_arizona
08-05-2022, 07:29 PM
I am with you, Zach told me if I ever wanted an SA at a great price, then buy Ron. He was right!! I am sorry, but there's not a new Supra out that's $40k -$120k better than my 18 SA. We will have this boat until there is enough justification in tech to warrant the change. Even then, highly doubt we will. Can repower, new driveline, new screen, most everything twice for less that price difference to new.

Especially a Gen2 with a 1.7 trans.

KnoxMojo
08-05-2022, 07:47 PM
Especially a Gen2 with a 1.7 trans.

For sure, even then, a new V drive and install is around $5k

MJHSupra
08-05-2022, 10:44 PM
I am with you, Zach told me if I ever wanted an SA at a great price, then buy Ron. He was right!! I am sorry, but there's not a new Supra out that's $40k -$120k better than my 18 SA.

For sure. You and I have talked about this.

2018 was a big change year.

Surf systems have not changed much between then and now.

Motors have not changed.

Tranny is a nice change. Big plus.

Newer chill interior is nice, but I’m still managing with my non-chill seats. That’s not that big of a deal for me. This summer we are going out more in the mornings and evenings.

Audio systems have not changed that much. I have 4 JLs on the tower and the smaller subs, but the newer subs are nice.

Subfloor ballast, I love it. But would also survive if there were bags in the lockers. Not deal breaker.

And the Raptor 400 chugs along pretty good around here.

KnoxMojo
08-05-2022, 11:13 PM
The new boats are totally bada$$! Don't get me wrong. I just can no longer justify the cost of upgrade. A 2020 SA would be amazing! Riding on that new SL is great! I am happy for everyone getting new, just not for me anymore.

HFarr
08-05-2022, 11:23 PM
A good surf wave is a good surf wave. Doesn't matter what the boat is. Beyond that, it's just a matter of what luxury options you want to have in a boat.

MJHSupra
08-07-2022, 10:05 PM
A good surf wave is a good surf wave. Doesn't matter what the boat is. Beyond that, it's just a matter of what luxury options you want to have in a boat.

So true. Pick your poison.

MJHSupra
08-07-2022, 10:08 PM
The new boats are totally bada$$! Don't get me wrong. I just can no longer justify the cost of upgrade. A 2020 SA would be amazing! Riding on that new SL is great! I am happy for everyone getting new, just not for me anymore.

You rode that 23’ Centurion?

What did you think?

larry_arizona
08-12-2022, 02:19 PM
Base price

SE 203k
SL 186k
SA 179k
SR 160k

larry_arizona
08-12-2022, 02:41 PM
Base price

SE 203k
SL 186k
SA 179k
SR 160k

The new online builder includes no option pricing, that sucks.

j.mo
08-12-2022, 07:49 PM
Base price

SE 203k
SL 186k
SA 179k
SR 160k

Wowzers.

Speaking of options.
I’m at the lake on my swim deck right now thinking, anyone ever opted to supercharge their engine on their own?
I know my 409 6.0 can take a tvs2300 no problem for 7k.
Way cheaper than 30k for a 575.

larry_arizona
08-12-2022, 08:12 PM
Wowzers.

Speaking of options.
I’m at the lake on my swim deck right now thinking, anyone ever opted to supercharge their engine on their own?
I know my 409 6.0 can take a tvs2300 no problem for 7k.
Way cheaper than 30k for a 575.

Can’t do it with the Indmar ECM.

ECM is locked and you can’t buy the 575 ECM from Indmar.

However, I am sure you could put a Ford ECM on it so a tuner can set up timing and fueling tables.

The ECM could be cracked if you could find a tuner willing to invest the time.

j.mo
08-12-2022, 08:29 PM
Can’t do it with the Indmar ECM.

ECM is locked and you can’t buy the 575 ECM from Indmar.

However, I am sure you could put a Ford ECM on it so a tuner can set up timing and fueling tables.

The ECM could be cracked if you could find a tuner willing to invest the time.

I’m sure a ford/gm ecm is a whole lot cheaper than the 450/575 upgrade [emoji23]

I’m curious why guys don’t go that route.
I know it’s on my list of options at the time the next boat comes.

I wish you could also get the LT4 from indmar

larry_arizona
08-12-2022, 08:49 PM
I’m sure a ford/gm ecm is a whole lot cheaper than the 450/575 upgrade [emoji23]

I’m curious why guys don’t go that route.
I know it’s on my list of options at the time the next boat comes.

I wish you could also get the LT4 from indmar

If you can do the wire harness to adapt a tuneable ECM, you could make a bunch of $$$$$

j.mo
08-12-2022, 10:15 PM
If you can do the wire harness to adapt a tuneable ECM, you could make a bunch of $$$$$

There’s all kinds of places I’m sure I could get one for an LS/LT. I know I can for my 409 6.0
But I’m not too into it with this boat, next for sure.
I’d prefer the GM engine next go around. But that pretty much takes me away from an indmar supplied brand.
I’d love to stay with Supra.

larry_arizona
08-13-2022, 09:55 AM
I assumed you were talking Raptor engines, my apologies,

You should have no issue adding a Supercharger on a LS6.0, a 1.9l TVS would be great, 6-7 pounds of boost max. Should just need bigger injectors and obviously fueling and timing tables tuned. Curious what GM ECM you have.

You should have a gen3 ECM and all of those are tuneable with HPTuners.

larry_arizona
08-13-2022, 10:12 AM
Hopefully you can utilize an existing heat exchanger/intercooler from a marine LSA application.

I would go 1.9l vs 2.3l.

sandm
08-13-2022, 10:14 AM

import tuners have been adding sideline ecu's for years and iirc it's how some have gotten around the locked down ecu's of the c8's. would not be hard to figure out the pinouts to add something but I would be highly surprised if there's any real $$ to be had.
the number of wakeboat owners wanting to add hp I would bet is a very small slice and even smaller when they figure out their indmar warranty is void. easier to reprop it and as long as it can get up on plane, what else do you need out of it?

indmar should offer up the 400 to 440 reflash as an option tho and maybe for anyone who has a boat out of warranty. would be a nice way for someone to get to the 440/450 as an aftermarket, 2nd owner or someone who moved from LA to Denver and wants/needs another few hp/tq. guessing upgrading to the huffer would be a whole different story as I would think there's some internal changes to support the blower?

j.mo
08-13-2022, 12:20 PM
I assumed you were talking Raptor engines, my apologies,

That was my original thought since they are the most relevant engine it seems these days.
Next boat, I’d prefer to stay GM, but I know it’s probably not likely.

I do much prefer the 6.0 409 LS over the 6.2 ford engine though.

I won’t mess with this boat. It’s on its way out in 1-3 seasons. Whether it’s 1,2,3 I can’t tell you, that’s the market’s decision lol.

j.mo
08-13-2022, 12:25 PM
import tuners have been adding sideline ecu's for years and iirc it's how some have gotten around the locked down ecu's of the c8's. would not be hard to figure out the pinouts to add something but I would be highly surprised if there's any real $$ to be had.
the number of wakeboat owners wanting to add hp I would bet is a very small slice and even smaller when they figure out their indmar warranty is void. easier to reprop it and as long as it can get up on plane, what else do you need out of it?

indmar should offer up the 400 to 440 reflash as an option tho and maybe for anyone who has a boat out of warranty. would be a nice way for someone to get to the 440/450 as an aftermarket, 2nd owner or someone who moved from LA to Denver and wants/needs another few hp/tq. guessing upgrading to the huffer would be a whole different story as I would think there's some internal changes to support the blower?

Idk about the 6.2 ford engine. I know nothing about them really.
But I am pretty versed in LS/LT.
I know for sure like Larry said, I can throw 6-7lb at this L96 no problem with no upgrades other than injectors, Maybe not even if indmar made them flow enough in their upgrades.