PDA

View Full Version : 2022 pro wake tour

mgswake
06-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Well, I started this thread in the wakeboarding forum and didn’t get any replies. First tour stop is June 27. The website has an 11 day countdown, is that when they will release the locations. You would think the locations would have been released already so people can start making travel plans. I want to try and go if there is one within driving distance. Anyone have any details? Thanks

Bigs28
06-09-2022, 12:46 PM

mgswake
06-09-2022, 12:53 PM
thanks bigs, I will try that

MJHSupra
06-10-2022, 02:04 PM
Social media was asking the same question

TXSurf4
06-10-2022, 02:09 PM
Ya this seems like poor marketing in the sense that you are only giving people 7 days to figure out where it is and make plans to go. Sounds like they don't have locations nailed down.

mgswake
06-10-2022, 04:51 PM
Social media was asking the same question

I posted the same question on their FB page! Really would like to go to one. I sent an email to the email bigs28 posted but no reply yet.

mgswake
06-28-2022, 08:40 AM
I received a response from the email. It appears this year the 4 stops are made for TV only. They will air on fuel TV. Pretty big bummer if you ask me. I was looking forward to where the events were going to be held to try and attend one.

sandm
06-28-2022, 10:27 AM
guessing with the uncertainty of covid-not that anyone cares about that anymore-and the costs of setting up the dog and pony show that go along with it, makes sense...

we went to one of the surf events back in '14'ish in minnesnota and I would comfortably say that 95% of the spectators were either vendors/reps "forced" to be there for their company or family of a rider. there were maybe 20 or 30 that were not in the categories above. not really worth the costs for companies to set up the show imo as I'd be surprised if more than a few grand changed hands during the event.

nautty and mastercrap had boats there. I would bet I saw maybe 5 people tour them the half day we were there. guess is not worth the price of gas to tow a factory boat there and boat inventories today would make it hard to get anything there.

lets face it. right now most boat companies don't need to do anything like this to sell. give it a few years and makeup might change if the economy/interest rates change the landscape.

MJHSupra
06-28-2022, 11:02 AM
I posted the same question on their FB page! Really would like to go to one. I sent an email to the email bigs28 posted but no reply yet.

I agree. The events are great. Never been to a PWT event, but BU had some events in the past at their factory and MC also did some events (long ago) in Ktown.

MJHSupra
06-28-2022, 11:09 AM
lets face it. right now most boat companies don't need to do anything like this to sell. give it a few years and makeup might change if the economy/interest rates change the landscape.

On that topic of Sales - agree the boat makers do not have to spend add'l dollars for promotions when they have sellouts of backlogs.

But a general question - who would sell more boats? For example - something like Wake9 promoting Social Media Videos vs a Pro-Athlete that either wakeboards or surfs?

MJHSupra
06-28-2022, 11:11 AM
I'm pretty sure there was the event on Fuel TV last night (06/27).

Do not watch much TV in the summer and not even sure I have channel - doubt it b/c it sounds like something I would watch.

haknslash
06-28-2022, 11:25 AM
Well that sucks it’s not on-site this year :(

They stopped by our local state park last year and there was a good turnout of families at the park getting exposure to the boats and wakesports. It wasn’t just families of riders. Also had hospitality tents for the local boat dealer which allowed for meet and greets of customers and likeminded folks. I had a good time and got some decent action shots of the pro’s doing their thing. I don’t watch TV these days much at all so doubt I will tune in or even have that channel with my luck.

https://i.imgur.com/L5gtNDN.jpg

sandm
06-28-2022, 12:13 PM
On that topic of Sales - agree the boat makers do not have to spend add'l dollars for promotions when they have sellouts of backlogs.

But a general question - who would sell more boats? For example - something like Wake9 promoting Social Media Videos vs a Pro-Athlete that either wakeboards or surfs?

just my .02 but for us and most that I have ever boated with, "pro" surfers/boarders don't mean anything and the monies being spent are lost on most I have ever ran into. wake9 websites have garnered some interest from us but never to the point that we are going to spend monies on something.
events like the polar bear/southern surffest and tommys boats demo days who brought a half dozen centurions to mead 2 years ago for demos likely drive more sales than any of the pwt or surf stops. nothing needs to be done now but give it a few more years of the insane price hikes and interest rates. the market will change.

hack mentions the stop near him. I also suspect that different regions of the US garner different results. supra might have a big turnout near knoxville as close to home and lakes have good viewing. come to mead where they have no presence and a VERY tough lake to view and turnout will likely be much weaker.

haknslash
06-28-2022, 04:37 PM
Ah yea location could certainly play a role in what kind of people would attend these things. Didn’t think about that aspect but it’s a great point. Agree also that I don’t really care what the pro’s do or which brand of boat they’re with. Silveira switching to Centurion wasn’t a deal breaker for SC sales so I think it really doesn’t impact much folks in terms of boat sales generated by pro’s endorsement. I mean I like his riding style and all but it doesn’t mean I’m going to get the same level if I just go out and buy an Ri230 :D. That and the fact I couldn’t get into Centurion even if I wanted to since they have nearly zero dealer network in Alabama.

Jon
06-28-2022, 06:24 PM
https://youtu.be/3nta3n1oxGU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk