PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Issues

Diesel8807
06-06-2022, 08:48 AM
Good morning all!

I have a 2005 Mobius LSV with about 340 hours on it. I changed my impeller at the start of the season. When I put it on the fake a lake, I'm getting no water pumping out the exhaust, and after about 5-10 mins, the temp is starting to get hot. I shut her down and let it cool. I've changed my thermostat out and checked all my hoses for clogs. After it cooled, I hooked the hose up to the front of each manifold and rand water through. Water came out the exhaust as it should. I'm getting water to the block, but isn't getting to the circulation pump. However all the lines are clear.

Is it possible my raw pump is going bad? Again, I put a new impeller in, but I'm curious if it just isn't pumping enough water. The circulation pump is primarily just circulating around the block till the thermostat opens and it pushes it out. Water, no matter if the thermostat is open or closed, should be always coming out my manifolds.

Any tips or tricks i'm missing? I've been told that sometimes these have to be primed correctly. Any suggestions how to do that?

Baffled here......

Holdmybeer
06-06-2022, 09:54 AM
Pump could be toast.
Water takes some time to circulate through mine but only gets to 160.

Ball valve on water intake closed? The knob could be open but the valve could be broke amd it didn't open the ball.

larry_arizona
06-06-2022, 09:58 AM
When you replaced your impeller, were there any fins missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk