PDA

View Full Version : Interesting report

james yarosz
05-11-2022, 11:26 AM
I live on a small inland lake in michigan.(300 acres).Our lake association tests water clarity every year.The last few years it has become less clear.They partially blame wake boats. The university of Minnesota did a study of the effect of large wakes versus normal boat wakes.The study tested the effect of large wakes on shoreline,dock,and boat damage and how these boats churn up the lake bottom on shallow lakes(which ours is)causing more sediment in the water. Interesting to think about?

Bigs28
05-11-2022, 12:01 PM
My lake is only around 175 acres. Several boats throw huge wakes every weekend including mine and water is super clear. Can see the bottom at end of my dock np and it's around 7-10 feet deep depending on water level. No doubt it affects seawalls and shoreline but as someone who lives on the lake that's just part of living there imo.

vdubnick
05-11-2022, 12:05 PM
I live on a small inland lake in michigan.(300 acres).Our lake association tests water clarity every year.The last few years it has become less clear.They partially blame wake boats. The university of Minnesota did a study of the effect of large wakes versus normal boat wakes.The study tested the effect of large wakes on shoreline,dock,and boat damage and how these boats churn up the lake bottom on shallow lakes(which ours is)causing more sediment in the water. Interesting to think about?

its always the lake Karens complaining about people having fun lol. i doubt the wake boats are to blame for water clarity.

wakeboats do pose a risk to high speed flat bottoms tho... people have been killed hitting wakes at high speed, so there are some lakes that ban wakeboats for that reason.

larry_arizona
05-11-2022, 12:35 PM
In michigan, the zebra mussels clarify the water. End of story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergermaister
05-11-2022, 02:23 PM
https://pamplinmedia.com/wsp/134-news/536525-429640-senate-passes-wake-sports-bill-almost-unanimously-

Welcome to Oregon, home of No Fun For You.

Some areas are pretty narrow and get dicey. When we head anywhere down there it's usually just a booze cruise and site seeing.

HFarr
05-11-2022, 04:51 PM
its always the lake Karens complaining about people having fun lol. i doubt the wake boats are to blame for water clarity.

wakeboats do pose a risk to high speed flat bottoms tho... people have been killed hitting wakes at high speed, so there are some lakes that ban wakeboats for that reason.Wake boats are just doing their part to slow down crazy drivers! Placing temporary speed bumps around the lake! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Mxmark4
05-11-2022, 04:53 PM
Tennessee passed several laws pertaining to wake sports this past year but honestly they were all common sense and unnecessary. Things like distance from shoreline and no riding on sundeck. There was something else in there but cant remember what it was.

vdubnick
05-11-2022, 04:58 PM
Wake boats are just doing their part to slow down crazy drivers! Placing temporary speed bumps around the lake! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

exactly :-D:-D