PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have a fuel tank cover that sits high?

vdubnick
05-10-2022, 10:29 AM
2022 mojo, noticed a few sloppy/fit issues with the build... so far, just taking care of them on my own instead of wasting time taking it to the dealer and roll the dice on how well they fix it if at all.

The center floor/fuel tank cover sits proud. most noticably where the trash/storage door is... like enough to trip on and definitely show wear over time.

I ignored it all winter, but now i am prepping to be on the water this weekend, it is bugging me.

So i pulled the cover. My eyes didnt lie. the whole think is about 1/8" proud, and the front edge by the storage door is about 1/4" proud. I am guessing they used a belt sander to trim the edges as they arent that straight.

Either way, i plan on essentially planing it either with a sander or router. I was just gonna do the front edge, but i may as well do it all.

Anyone else notice or have this issue?

HFarr
05-10-2022, 01:40 PM
Must have been the new guy working on a Friday!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

vdubnick
05-10-2022, 02:27 PM
Must have been the new guy working on a Friday!!

most likely haha.... seriously tho, ive been to shops and know that there is always a chance for human error, especially if its the new guy. obviously it wasnt that noticeable or i would have caught it at the dealer. things get noticed more when you sit and dream in the boat all winter in a heated shop

Holdmybeer
05-10-2022, 02:48 PM
After learning to surf last year and teaching both my daughters (9 and 7) how to kneeboard, this has been a long winter.
Finally breaking 80's in Ohio this week. Maybe the water will be warm enough by memorial day. ��

Bigs28
05-10-2022, 03:08 PM
Mine was the same exact way. It was on my list when i took it in for break in service. Dealer got the ledge smaller but it's still there for sure.

vdubnick
05-11-2022, 11:17 AM
Mine was the same exact way. It was on my list when i took it in for break in service. Dealer got the ledge smaller but it's still there for sure.

glad im not the only one haha.... fixed it last night... 3d printed a 2" standoff for my router, and set the height, using it like a planer with the floor laying on a table top, worked great and now it is sitting flush like it should!

now my only beef is with the v-drive cover... but its more out of sight so ill just leave it. It could use a slight trim, but it is also short, so it doesnt sit on the gasket like it should, so i may just add more gasket if i notice noise.

SONIC
05-11-2022, 04:16 PM
Don't you just love paying this much and then still having to fix stuff haha?

I'e had several little things like that on my SA as well.

HFarr
05-11-2022, 04:45 PM
glad im not the only one haha.... fixed it last night... 3d printed a 2" standoff for my router, and set the height, using it like a planer with the floor laying on a table top, worked great and now it is sitting flush like it should!

now my only beef is with the v-drive cover... but its more out of sight so ill just leave it. It could use a slight trim, but it is also short, so it doesnt sit on the gasket like it should, so i may just add more gasket if i notice noise.My vdrive cover, aka the doghouse, didn't fit flush against the back engine compartment wall at all. I put some weather stip on the inside edge to fill the gap. Can't see it, and it did help with noise.

vdubnick
05-11-2022, 04:53 PM
Don't you just love paying this much and then still having to fix stuff haha?

I'e had several little things like that on my SA as well.

hahaha, i know right

My vdrive cover, aka the doghouse, didn't fit flush against the back engine compartment wall at all. I put some weather stip on the inside edge to fill the gap. Can't see it, and it did help with noise.

good to know, exactly what i was thinking of doing.

HFarr
05-11-2022, 04:56 PM
I have some pics of what I did posted somewhere in a past thread.

RUGER761
05-12-2022, 03:20 PM
Weather stripping works very well on the V-drive dog house. This time I pulled off the black edging and added a piece that slipped over the edge and had a nice big D seal to hit the wall. Sealed it right up.