PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GG XLV Problems

Grcdrums
05-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Has anybody else had countless problems with their moomba. We bought ours May of last year and have had it in the shop 8-10 times for waranty repair. Is this normal? We are very up set with Moomba and will not ever be buying or telling anyone else to buy a moomba ever again. We spent 50,000 and all we have recieved is a broken boat and smart elic and cocky repairmen. Good right? ha By the way my boat only has 78 hours. (already has 5-6 stress fractures in the fiberglass)

qb12
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Has anybody else had countless problems with their moomba. We bought ours May of last year and have had it in the shop 8-10 times for waranty repair. Is this normal? We are very up set with Moomba and will not ever be buying or telling anyone else to buy a moomba ever again. We spent 50,000 and all we have recieved is a broken boat and smart elic and cocky repairmen. Good right? ha By the way my boat only has 78 hours. (already has 5-6 stress fractures in the fiberglass)

what type of repairs with the exception of the gelcoat.

i have owned two skiers choice products. First was a bank repo 2002 outback with 60 hrs (put 100 more on her) and the 2nd a 05 supra ssv 22 now with 135 hrs. as far as mechanical i have had 0000000 problems. Nothing but great quality. I did have a few minor cracks in the gelcoat which the dealer took care of way beyond my expectations.

from what i understand the 1st year is the hardest on gelcoat and after that everything is pretty stable. i personally have 3+ friends that own mc's, bu and cc and all of them have had sometype of gelcoats issues. But i can say this, their boat builders didn't step up to the plate.

if you really think about it, you stick a heavy tower and load it with a bunch of weight you are going to have some flex points.

i can't wait to upgrade my boat to 07/08 skier's choice product in the future.

db

Jon
05-07-2007, 10:27 PM
What exactly have your problems been? As qb12 stated above, there are a few things that may come up with a newer boat like that but nothing more than any other manufacturer. Stress cracks are very common but its no problem, get them fixed under warranty at the end of the year. As for anything else, share more info with us. I'd be curious to know what they are and what migh thave caused them.

qb12
05-07-2007, 10:32 PM
jon, thanks for checking out the bimini clamps for me again.

doug

Pike
05-08-2007, 02:46 AM

I have an 2007 GG XLV and absolutely love this boat. Yes I had a problem at about 6 hours with a part that was on recall but my dealer made it right and Skiiers Choice followed up and spoke with the dealer. I am at 15 hrs right now and so far so good.

I am having more problems with my truck then my boat it seems like. The first time I took out my boat my alternater went out along with my battery. I just got back from Laughlin, NV this weekend where one of my tires devloped a "tumor" like bubble. Then on the way home I blew out my back passenger side tire completely. Luckily I was able to pull over and the truck and boat were fine.

All in all I am happy with my Moomba. I hope it stays that way. :wink:

JoeTechie
05-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Has anybody else had countless problems with their moomba.

Nope.

:)

-Joe

JesseC
05-08-2007, 11:36 AM
2002 LSV - This boat has NEVER been back to the dealer. I have had zero problems with the boat except for burning up balast pumps which is expected of any boat. I wish I had the money to get an 07 model. I would buy another Moomba without even thinking twice. It will definately be my first choice...again!!!