PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Moomba Mojo Rev 10 Mount Help

hammj1
04-05-2022, 01:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

The weather is slowly starting to turn here in michigan and cant wait to take the toy out for the summer. I bought the boat last fall and only got to use it once before it went into storage! With that being said it gave me the whole winter to make my "project list". Id like to make some upgrade to the factory sound system. I was wondering if anyone is running the wetsounds Rev 10 tower speakers and if so what mount did you use for the folding S tower? Also are you running one pair or two? I'm debating on going from the 4 small rockwell speakers to 2 rev 10's would be enough or not.

Thanks for the help!

Jon

Holdmybeer
04-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Not sure about the mounts because i bought the boat with the speakers.
I have rev8s on the tower cross bar and I have the swivel 6.5 roswell on the verticals. I also have 6 in boat speakers (add the bow 6.5 worth it) and I upgrade the sub to 12" sealed not open.

My buddies craz with rev 10 (single set) is quiet....but it's all about hookup and amps.

MLA
04-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Two 10' drivers will have more surface area then four 6.5", so they will deliver much more mid-bass. The large compression drivers will also be louder then the four small dome tweeters. That generation likely has a small 2 or 4 chnl amp powering the tower, sow I would suggest a new amp as well.

i cant remember what the mounting perches look like on the S-Bend, are they like the mounts of the Surpa Pro-Edge? Any got a pic? Most of the moombas I see, have the TC3-S Wet Sounds swivel/disconnect clamps on the tube, but not sure if thats the same tower.

HFarr
04-05-2022, 05:15 PM
This is my Wetsound on a pro tower. Came factory mounted. Trust me two of these are anything but quiet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220405/d7f6e94b79315277dc1e8d7243dc3bf5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
04-05-2022, 06:21 PM
This is my Wetsound on a pro tower. Came factory mounted. Trust me two of these are anything but quiet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220405/d7f6e94b79315277dc1e8d7243dc3bf5.jpg

Not doubting you 1 bit. The Craz I speak of is only quiet in certain situations. He needs to up his amplifier to get the most out of the Rev10s. I have 3 amps in my Mojo hitting close to max on all speakers. Big difference then just bolting in Rev10s and not up-sizing the rest of the system. The factory amps in the 2015 Mojo are weak compared to the new Moomba systems. The 200 watt 2-channel amp will need to go.

hammj1
04-05-2022, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I figured I would also need to upgrade the kicker amp that's being used. In talking with wetsounds they recommended I go with their SDX-6 amp. That would be able to provide enough power for one set of rev 10's as well as their PSE Revo 12 sub. In looking at your photo HFarr it appears your rev 10's are using just a tube clamp style mount. That is the same Wake tower I have though...so apologies to referring to it as a S bend tower if that's the wrong label for it. Holdmybeer ill have to look into the bow 6.5's.

Holdmybeer
04-05-2022, 08:00 PM
HammJ1....your 2015 Mojo is either the S-bend or A3. The Makai is the newer pro tower.

The bow 6.5 speakers have the wiring behind the panels but no holes. A holesaw and about 10 minutes and you can install the missing speakers. The wiring plugs right in to the spade connectors and you are done there.
Now the fusion stereo is only 4 channel output and this is where things get confused.
Stereo cannot run 6 speakers. There are separate speaker wiring harnesses ran around the bow to the amp/power rack in the port side dash. I installed a 6-channel amp to run all my Cabin speakers, a 4 channel bridge capable amp for the towers, and i use the 200watt kicker amp for only the sub. You could save an amp and run the sub and Rev10s on a single 4 channel. I chose to zone my towers apart from my cabin so that is a completely different discussion.
Wetsounds, Exile, an JL audio seem to be the 3 favorites but plenty of good stuff for less. Kicker marine still makes good products and will save you some $ over those 3.

HFarr
04-05-2022, 10:29 PM
They are mounted with tube clamps. I am sure the mounts are designed to handle vibration, but they do seem to shake a lot from waves when just riding. Always makes me think something is loose, but it's the design.