PDA

View Full Version : Flow/Surf plates calibration?

TOYMCHN
03-28-2022, 06:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

While surfing this past Saturday, i noticed great inconsistencies in the surf wave from time to time. I knew it wasn’t lake depth as that is a constant 15-20ft. Something was wrong with the surf system. The wave would be perfect one minute and completely wash out the next.

So, i turned off autowake to try and figure out some settings of my own and i noticed that the surf plates were not correctly setting. The desired setting was at 60 but the plate was at 50. No matter what setting i chose from 0 to 100 it was off by 10. I took video that ill try and post so that you can see what i mean. I also noticed that once the boat was out of the water, with both surf plates set at 0, the starboard side surf plate was maybe 10-15 degrees higher than the port surf plate.

I went through the menu and found the “return to zero” flow plate setting and i pressed it a number of times, heard the surf plates actuating, but no matter what it is off by 10 on both sides.

TOYMCHN
03-28-2022, 06:50 PM
https://youtu.be/9JGZIJCvm3E

Here is the link to a video i quickly put together and put on YouTube

Bigs28
03-28-2022, 09:10 PM
From what i read before thats working as intended and i believe it's based on your displacement reading.

Jon
03-28-2022, 09:13 PM
That is part of the displacement integration feature. Get with your dealer about how and why it does that. It can also be adjusted in some cases. Your dealer should be able to help with that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOYMCHN
03-29-2022, 06:18 AM
Interesting.. this video was taken out of the water, and what about the surf plates being uneven (see pics) and acting strangely on the water? Is there a manual for the touchscreen? I feel like there are features that I’m missing out on and things that I don’t understand

HFarr
03-29-2022, 06:18 PM
Interesting.. this video was taken out of the water, and what about the surf plates being uneven (see pics) and acting strangely on the water? Is there a manual for the touchscreen? I feel like there are features that I’m missing out on and things that I don’t understandI'm not sure of anyone on here that would say they completely understand and can explain everything about AutoWake. Some use it and some don't. I fit in both those categories! Sometimes it works great for my load, and sometimes not as good. Here is a link to some YouTube videos that might help out a little. The comment about the actual plate setting vs what you tell it you want is something I have heard many times, and it doesn't always match due to the "AutoWake Brain" looking at what you would like vs what it sees through all its many sensors. I sure can't explain it, but it's normal. https://youtu.be/dVueG9JaD4c

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Jon
03-29-2022, 08:03 PM
Starting in November we have supplied our dealer network with a TON of guidance and training materials on the 2022 AutoWake software. The most recent training video went out to sales staff yesterday actually. Your best resource on this is your dealer. Let me know who your dealer is and I would be happy to reach out to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOYMCHN
03-29-2022, 08:58 PM
Nautiques of Orlando is our dealer. I contacted them this morning and gave them the same information and was waiting to hear back from them. Jason Englit is their lead service tech. I greatly appreciate the help! This has been a much bigger rabbit hole than I anticipated. Haha. But it’s a fun rabbit hole.

haknslash
03-29-2022, 09:15 PM
Woah your left plate went to increments of 2 for a second there at the end. WTF! Mine only jump by increments of 5nbut I also don’t have the fancier larger screen to see those secondary (I’m guessing actual) numbers compared to set number amount.

Bigs28
03-29-2022, 09:17 PM
I use Orlando nautiques as well and hopefully you have a better experience. They are terrible.

HFarr
03-29-2022, 09:46 PM
Any way us common folk could get a look at that video SC sent to train the dealers???[emoji2958] I am 3 hours away from closet dealer, who still owes me a mirror for over a year now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Tommy2slow
03-29-2022, 09:55 PM
Probably not related to what Toymchn is experiencing, but I have noticed that switching sides surfing throws the percentage of deployment that shows on the screen off for one or both tabs. I then have to cycle the tabs from 0-100 a few times to get them “registered” correctly. I don’t use the toggle switch to switch sides anymore and only use the soft buttons on the screen and haven’t experienced the problem again.

TOYMCHN
03-30-2022, 08:57 AM
I use Orlando nautiques as well and hopefully you have a better experience. They are terrible.

So far our experience has been good. I reached out to them yesterday about my 50hr service, some additional work I’d like, and obviously the issues I’m having with the surf tabs so we’ll see how all is handled.

TOYMCHN
03-30-2022, 09:02 AM
Woah your left plate went to increments of 2 for a second there at the end. WTF! Mine only jump by increments of 5nbut I also don’t have the fancier larger screen to see those secondary (I’m guessing actual) numbers compared to set number amount.

Yes it would move in increments of 4 randomly from, say, 65 to 61. But then on the next press it would move by 6 from 61 to 55. It’s been acting strangely. Hopefully I can get this straightened out