PDA

View Full Version : What should I pay for a nicely loaded 07 LSV??

flyinhigh420
05-04-2007, 01:59 AM
I am in the market for a new 07 LSV. I was wondering what you guys paid or would pay. Also what all you got for that price out the door. Any input and info. would be great.

flyinhigh420
05-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I went to my local moomba dealer yesterday and had my heart set on a 07 LSV. They had 4 on the lot, 3 still in the shrink wrap out back and 1 ready to go. The one that was ready to go was loaded with everything except the heater, shower, and tower speakers. This boat was very nice and identical to what I wanted even down to the colors and options. Then one of the sales reps came over and I talked with him for about 10 minutes about the boat and all the goodies that it had on it and the warrenties etc. Then he asked me that all important question," so do you wanna take it home today?" I replied tell you what make me the best deal you can, let me know where it is and if your are in my price range on what I have researched and planed to pay you can hook it up to the truck right now. He said sure thing be right back. Well after 5-10 minutes later he comes back and replies well I have a deal you will love, I reply lay it on me. "Out the door with everything including taxes you are looking at $45,545.63." My jaw hit the ground and I threw up a little in my mouth, I have been doing my research for the past month and walked in and found exactly what I wanted and he drops that price on me. I replied thats as low as you can go for real? Thats the bottom line no lower. He asked me if that was in my price range and I replied around 5 grand off what I was willing to pay. I have my limit around 40k max. He told me that it was impossible to get anywhere close to that, so I had to leave there with no new toy behind the truck yesterday and felt like a kid again being told no to from my parents that you can't have that. Kinda ruined my week. What have you guys paid for you new 07 LSV and XLV's and the Gravity Games out the door? Also what do you think about that price on that boat? Any input would really be appreciated, thanks guys I'm trying to join the Moomba Crew just wanna get the best deal I can and not have any regrets and do a little more research. thanks again :D

Dave A
05-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Call Alan Manor at Logan Martin Boating Center and see what he has. The problem is dealers are funny about servicing boats that were bought outside of their territory. That is one of the things you are buying when you buy the boat. 205-338-3831. He is just outside of Pell City, Alabama, which is just on the otherside of Talladega.

scoot_gt
05-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I agree - talk to Logan Martin Boating (toll free 877-230-0331). I bought my Moomba in Atlanta mainly because they had it on the lot. I think I paid a tad more than I should have for it.

I took it in for the 20 hour service on a Monday morning at this self-proclaimed customer friendly dealer in Atlanta and picked it up Friday afternoon with no oil change done. Since then, I have never been back and have dealt exclusively with Logan Martin Boating.

If your boat will be kept in Atlanta, you are in a bind however. Atl dealer will not work/service boats that they did not sell. Nice of them huh?

JoeTechie
05-04-2007, 06:40 PM
I think the line about "loaded with everything but the heater and speakers" is the deal breaker. To get it under 40K, you are going to have to go without some of those luxurys. Moombas are already $10K below ANYTHING comparable in the market - you can't expect them to then have $5K to play with. Use the Boat Builder tool here on the site, that will gove you MSRP. If you can still get boat show deals or on-lot deals then you can knock about 4-5% off - after that - the dealers have about 2-5% more to play with... that's it! You are looking to buy at the most popular time, so many dealers are not going to need to go low to get the sale - sellers market. Either buck up, look eleswhere, wait till october, order one exactly like you want and nothig "extra", then wait 6 weeks, or buy an '06.

-Joe

flyinhigh420
05-04-2007, 06:44 PM
WOW, that never crossed my mind at all. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Do you think that they will price match other deals that people have gotten on their boats? I just find it really hard to believe that $45,545 is as low as they could go, when I have seen 5-10 people on this forum that have purchased the exact same boat with the extras for between 39,500-42,000 out the door. It also kinda chaps my rear end because I believe they know that they only have 4 boats on hand and won't be able to get anymore until the end of July and they know that people will give them $45,500 for the boats at this time in the season so screw me. If it was 2-3 months earlier they would have loved me as a customer and would have served me on a silver platter with practially anything I wanted. I understand it's business and money in their pocket's, but that might have just lost them and the company another customer. I'm done bit*^#* now. thanks for the input guys and everybody else keep the info. coming and what you paid for your boat. thanks

flyinhigh420
05-04-2007, 07:08 PM
I think the line about "loaded with everything but the heater and speakers" is the deal breaker. To get it under 40K, you are going to have to go without some of those luxurys. Moombas are already $10K below ANYTHING comparable in the market - you can't expect them to then have $5K to play with. Use the Boat Builder tool here on the site, that will gove you MSRP. If you can still get boat show deals or on-lot deals then you can knock about 4-5% off - after that - the dealers have about 2-5% more to play with... that's it! You are looking to buy at the most popular time, so many dealers are not going to need to go low to get the sale - sellers market. Either buck up, look eleswhere, wait till october, order one exactly like you want and nothig "extra", then wait 6 weeks, or buy an '06.

-Joe

I did the boat builder for exactly what I wanted and it came to 43,380 plus about 2,800 in taxes=$46,180 and they offered me 600 bucks off just. I might have to get a used 06 like you suggested, are there many difference inbetween the 06 and the 07?

anabolicone
05-05-2007, 08:39 AM
I purchased an )7 Moomba LSV back in Feb at the boat show and ordered it loaded (WB PP, wakeplate, 2 racks, Forward bimmini, Moomba Cover, appearance package (pop up cleats etc.) , radio speakers, warrantly, 3 color gel pattern, 1 years free services, dry storage for one year, and more Im sure Im not including) -- Spray date was April 10th and I pick it up May 12th - Out the door price tax, tag tittle --> 39,486.14
Pictures to come next week --- I think I got a good deal - this was at the boat show in Charlotte --
ANyway so - good luck with the purchase ..
Rob

flyinhigh420
05-05-2007, 09:57 AM
thats an awesome deal and hopefully I can work something out with the dealership soon, thanks for the info.

Nafplio
05-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I hope you work something out with the dealer. I don't think they'll come down very much this time of the year. I've been there. Sold my old I/O in June of '05 because somebody offered me crazy money for it. I didn't get my LSV until early September that year. It came with the performance package (PP, wakeplate, gravity III ballast) and not much else. I've been adding stuff to her ever since. That's not all that bad since I don't like some of the options offered (ex: racks, tower speakers, cover, bimini). One way or another, you'll have to spend some money...
The best option is the boatshow. You get exactly what you want usually at a great price. The second best, wait till the end of the season where you can get a great deal but maybe not all the extras.
Sorry, not much help right now :lol:. Just some things to consider. Good luck with your search.

JoeTechie
05-06-2007, 10:56 AM
420 - there are other charges "out the door " includes delivery (usually $1000-2000 depending on your distance from factory) and other fees. I think that $45+ is a bit much for that boat too... so maybe look at getting one built, or the '06's.

-J

flyinhigh420
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
hey Ed,
how long from when you order the boat does it take to recieve it? and do you think you can get a better deal doing this rather then buying one off the lot at a dealship? really appreciate your input.

Pike
05-07-2007, 03:05 AM
I paid $49791 out the door for:

07 XLV GG
Bimini
Docking Lights
Cast Pop-up cleats
am/fm cd
Wakeplate
Gravity III Ballast
Wakeboard Rack
Guidepole Covers
Logo Cover
Detachable tower feet

Nothing too special on my boat but I dont need all the extras......

Dave A
05-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I looked at Moombas a year before I bought one. I went in May of '04 with the plan to buy the next year at the boat show. My wife and I saw a boat on the lot that we liked. When we left she said, I wish we could go ahead and buy it, I said, no I have a plan and we can save some money. That Tuesday, I called, thinking if I could get a deal I would buy now. Thank Goodness he sold the boat. Said someone walked up after we looked at it and wrote him a check.

I waited, which was my plan until the boat show in February '05, my boat had been ordered in October '04, so it was waiting on me. I got all of the options I wanted and still received the boat show incentives which were worth about $2800. I wouldn't think now is a very good time to buy, with demand strong and availability weak, with all the boat show orders. My adivce would be to wait until the boat shows next year.

Dave

JoeTechie
05-07-2007, 10:52 AM
flyhigh - I think by "ed" you mean me ? (since Ed has not posted in this thread, and I was the one to tell you to order one)

Easy to get us confused - we are exactly alike! You will meet both of us at the Jamboree and see!

;)

To answer your question:

From order to delivery is about 6-8 weeks. A Lot depends on how busy they are, how far from the factory you are, how many slots the dealer has reserved, etc, etc, etc.]

hope this helps,

-Joe

flyinhigh420
05-07-2007, 02:36 PM
lol, sorry about the mix up. Naw I really have that boat bug burning a hole in my pocket and the weather is perfect not helping the situation at all. After alot of research 80% of the people say wait till next years boat show and scoop up a next 08 at a great dealand 15% say wait till end of this season and scoop up a 07 for really cheap and the other 5% say buck up and haggle w/ them more and convience them to drop the price and that you may have to drive a distance to get a better deal. So I believe these are my 3 choice's right now or buy used from a private seller.

qb12
05-07-2007, 03:26 PM
lol, sorry about the mix up. Naw I really have that boat bug burning a hole in my pocket and the weather is perfect not helping the situation at all. After alot of research 80% of the people say wait till next years boat show and scoop up a next 08 at a great dealand 15% say wait till end of this season and scoop up a 07 for really cheap and the other 5% say buck up and haggle w/ them more and convience them to drop the price and that you may have to drive a distance to get a better deal. So I believe these are my 3 choice's right now or buy used from a private seller.

if you wait till spring for a 08 don't forget that these boats msrp has gone up quit a bit in the last few years so i my opinion if you can work with your local dealer and try to get him to come down on one he has in stock you are going to be better off,

flyinhigh420
05-07-2007, 09:58 PM
has anybody recieved any info. on the 08 LSV or any info on the internet anywhere? and how different are they going to be if so?

JoeTechie
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL - I think they are still finishing the DESIGN of the boat, so not much is going to be avaialble! Since they just got changed in '06, I would not expect much of a huge change. My bet is for the XLV and base OB to change this year.

I'd go haggle, or order an '07. It will get here by june/july and still have lots of summer left. An '08 will not be available till about October.

I think it sucks that the Dealer network is not yet on par with all members - there are lots of amazing ones, some mediocre ones and a few bad apples still left.

-J

flyinhigh420
05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah I think I am going into the dealership and work something out.

dav0743
07-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I purchased an )7 Moomba LSV back in Feb at the boat show and ordered it loaded (WB PP, wakeplate, 2 racks, Forward bimmini, Moomba Cover, appearance package (pop up cleats etc.) , radio speakers, warrantly, 3 color gel pattern, 1 years free services, dry storage for one year, and more Im sure Im not including) -- Spray date was April 10th and I pick it up May 12th - Out the door price tax, tag tittle --> 39,486.14
Pictures to come next week --- I think I got a good deal - this was at the boat show in Charlotte --
ANyway so - good luck with the purchase .. what
Rob
what dealership did you buy from