PDA

View Full Version : Latest Software 2022 Mojo? Listing issues!

uniwarking
02-20-2022, 01:13 PM
Hey all, I was hoping someone could tell me what the latest software is and where I can get it, besides the dealership since they are quite far away. We got our boat at the end of last season and only got out on it for an hour or so before we had to put it up for the year. We noticed a hard list to the starboard side while cruising without Autowake engaged. If we selected the “go home” preset the boat leveled out. We only had 4 people in the boat evenly distributed and the ballast was empty. I believe the left side surf tab was not retracting and was deployed to some degree. I’ve tinkered with it a bit in the garage and I found that you can “reset” the tab to retract it. We really won’t have a chance to get the boat in the water again this year and this was really alarming and unsafe so hopefully this is a non-issue next year. I also didn’t see any indicators/controls for the flow 3 yaw tabs besides the same “reset” option in settings. I’m wondering if I have the correct software installed… or perhaps this defect is know with current software. I took a snap shot of the screen that shows the details.

Thanks!

haknslash
02-20-2022, 01:52 PM
Perhaps you accidentally left the surf tab deployed? Did you ensure the surf tab toggle was back in the center? Go Home mode uses both of the surf tabs to level out the boat.

One time I had my tabs freak out and stay deployed when messing around with auto wake, even when surf was set to center and auto wake turned off. I had to cycle the batteries off/on to get the deployed tab to fix itself.

uniwarking
02-20-2022, 02:53 PM
Well, it’s hard to know for certain I suppose but we didn’t use the switch. It was odd too that a tab would stay deployed when we were going 25+ and the screen indicated auto wake was off and neither surf side was indicated. I wish I had more time to tinker with it while we were out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigs28
02-20-2022, 03:01 PM
Im on my boat right now and trying to figure out why im listing hard starboard as well. Go home leveling is not doing anything. Surf switch or autowake or surf button on screen are not engaged. It says both tabs are at 0. Ive checked my rear bags both are empty and weight is evenly distributed. Im actually filling port rear ballast to 40% to get a level ride.

Jon
02-20-2022, 09:01 PM
Hey all, I was hoping someone could tell me what the latest software is and where I can get it, besides the dealership since they are quite far away. We got our boat at the end of last season and only got out on it for an hour or so before we had to put it up for the year. We noticed a hard list to the starboard side while cruising without Autowake engaged. If we selected the “go home” preset the boat leveled out. We only had 4 people in the boat evenly distributed and the ballast was empty. I believe the left side surf tab was not retracting and was deployed to some degree. I’ve tinkered with it a bit in the garage and I found that you can “reset” the tab to retract it. We really won’t have a chance to get the boat in the water again this year and this was really alarming and unsafe so hopefully this is a non-issue next year. I also didn’t see any indicators/controls for the flow 3 yaw tabs besides the same “reset” option in settings. I’m wondering if I have the correct software installed… or perhaps this defect is know with current software. I took a snap shot of the screen that shows the details.

Thanks!

Not sure if it will fix whatever possible issue going on with your boat but the software you have is not the most recent software. Who is your dealer?

uniwarking
02-20-2022, 10:03 PM
Not sure if it will fix whatever possible issue going on with your boat but the software you have is not the most recent software. Who is your dealer?

Hello Jon. My dealer is Grace Marine in LeClaire Iowa. I sent them the details of what was going right after we took the first test ride. I'm sure they'll be willing to help once I can get it to them, I was just hoping I could do the update on my own as they are 2.5+ hrs each way and we'll have winter weather and roads for a couple months yet. I'd sure like to put a few more hours on before I have to take it in for service since I'll have to take it down for the ~10 hr service and such anyway.

uniwarking
02-24-2022, 06:33 PM
Any other input on SW guys? I thought I'd read something at some point on the forums of SW being made available and a usb port on the boat. I've done plenty of firmware/software updates so this should be pretty simple assuming the right SW is provided.

Jon
02-24-2022, 06:47 PM
I spoke to your dealer yesterday about the software update. The software update will have to be done by your dealer or with instructions from your dealer. This mid season 2022 update is a little more involved than updates in the past. You upload with a usb which is pretty easy but then there are some items to go in and adjust or turned off/on depending on your needs. Recalibration of some items may be needed also. Some of these items are under the dealer settings protected by a dealer passcode.

Buckeye
02-24-2022, 07:01 PM
I was at my dealer yesterday. My rep. told me there was an update coming very soon, and that he would send to me as soon as he had it.

Jon
02-24-2022, 07:10 PM
I was at my dealer yesterday. My rep. told me there was an update coming very soon, and that he would send to me as soon as he had it.

The current software was released to dealers in early January. There is no plan at the moment to release another update this model year.

uniwarking
02-24-2022, 07:34 PM
I spoke to your dealer yesterday about the software update. The software update will have to be done by your dealer or with instructions from your dealer. This mid season 2022 update is a little more involved than updates in the past. You upload with a usb which is pretty easy but then there are some items to go in and adjust or turned off/on depending on your needs. Recalibration of some items may be needed also. Some of these items are under the dealer settings protected by a dealer passcode.

Jon, thank you. Your feedback is much appreciated. I will reach out to my dealer then, I have a couple other items to follow up on anyway.

HFarr
02-25-2022, 11:08 PM
What would you expect the charge to be for a dealer to do this?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Jon
02-26-2022, 10:58 AM
I’d check with your dealer. The software update is quick….5 minutes at most. From there it’s just talking with your dealer to adjust or customize what you want the AutoWake system to do according to how you use the boat. A large part of this is behind the dealer password protected side. If anything needs recalibrated, however, it will have to be done on the water. The on water part only takes 20 minutes or so.

Bigs28
02-26-2022, 03:49 PM
My dealer did it for free.

Bigs28
04-13-2022, 12:09 PM
Anyone know what the newest update did to the software? Last year's added a few screens to autowake that were very helpful. I can't find any information on what the new update does.

They did my update last fall for free and are here doing my 100 hour service and updating the software for the new update but the guy doing the install doesn't know what is in the update.

Jon
04-13-2022, 12:40 PM
Anyone know what the newest update did to the software? Last year's added a few screens to autowake that were very helpful. I can't find any information on what the new update does.

They did my update last fall for free and are here doing my 100 hour service and updating the software for the new update but the guy doing the install doesn't know what is in the update.

The newest 2022 update gives you a lot more customization as to what your AutoWake system does for you according to how you want to use it. This includes adjustability of the new smart tech features and also allowing you to use the tools of AutoWake in many different ways according to how you use your boat. All dealers have been supplied with plenty of material to make themselves familiar with what the update offers.

Bigs28
04-13-2022, 01:28 PM
I did the 22 update last fall but it was posted on here there was another update in January, just a couple months ago but can't find any real info on that update.

TXSurf4
04-13-2022, 02:18 PM
I did the 22 update last fall but it was posted on here there was another update in January, just a couple months ago but can't find any real info on that update.

Ya would be nice if we could get that one as well! I suspect someone will have a copy of it soon enough. Pulling the boat and towing it 2.5 hours for something I can do myself is not high on my list. Especially since she is all ready for the season and back on the lift.

uniwarking
04-14-2022, 12:14 AM
I plan to take my boat down to the dealer on Friday to get this update. There are a few other minor issues that need to be taken care of but parts are not in yet. It stinks that I have to drive 2.5 hours each way myself and wait for this update to be done... but I want to be ready to roll once the weather allows. I wish this is something I could do myself, I'm pretty savvy when it comes to tech, hopefully this becomes more streamlined in the future.

Bigs28
04-14-2022, 03:47 AM
My dealer is 2.5 hours away as well. I pay the mobile fee to have them come to me.

TXSurf4
04-14-2022, 07:31 AM
Ya I don't mind hauling it to them once a year to get a full service done and have it winterized but hauling it down there to have the software updated is not high on my list this year. I already have the 2022 software just not the mid MY update. Last year when I updated to the 22 software I called my dealer and asked about it and they asked what my software was doing to give me problems and when I said nothing they said they don't really do any updates unless there is an issue. So I just did it myself which I had already done before.

Bigs28
04-15-2022, 06:19 PM
I did the 22 update last fall. Dealer did another update this week and it took away my favorite screen. If you like the screen that shows your three tabs under the boat then don't do the update because it's gone.

HFarr
04-15-2022, 06:30 PM
What do the new screens look like?

HFarr
04-15-2022, 06:32 PM
So you are saying the original 22 update screens were like the 2021?

Bigs28
04-15-2022, 06:58 PM
I still have all the 22 update autowake screens: beg,int,adv. But i lost a non autowake screen. The one that had the three tabs under the boat with their values.

Bigs28
04-15-2022, 07:27 PM
This is the screen i lost.

TXSurf4
04-15-2022, 09:10 PM
What is in its place now? Obviously not something better…..

Jon
04-16-2022, 09:02 AM
You can still see the tabs, just in a different area. The “replacement” screen shows you all AutoWake information without AutoWake being turned on. This allows users to dial in their boats manually with guidance from the AutoWake instrumentation. The boat’s system will not do anything with your ballast. Of course you still have the ability to turn AutoWake on to let the boat do everything for you as well.

Bigs28
04-16-2022, 09:59 AM
Im not a fan. I really hate the screen i have now and loved the other screen. No reason they should have taken away the screen. But whatever. There product. I just use it.

HFarr
04-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I like that screen too. Do you have a picture of the new one that replaced it?

Bigs28
04-16-2022, 01:41 PM
I don't but it was there before to. I used to have 2 screens to choose from when not in autowake. Now i just have the one from the rear port corner view but without the tabs under the boat. I like to visually see the center plate and not look for the little number in the top right corner.

I won't be home till Monday and i can take pictures then but the screens i currently have are the same as before minus the one i liked.

uniwarking
04-19-2022, 04:35 PM
From what I see, yes they changed the middle screen. Honestly though, I think the new setup is better as it provides better info when Autowake is off - I'd not gotten used to the old one though either. It seems there were also quite a few improvements made - and I'm hoping my listing issue is resolved which would trump anything else for me!

vdubnick
05-10-2022, 04:31 PM
I did the 22 update last fall. Dealer did another update this week and it took away my favorite screen. If you like the screen that shows your three tabs under the boat then don't do the update because it's gone.

ooof, good to know ... ill see how mine does this weekend on its maiden voyage.

vdubnick
06-14-2022, 01:23 PM
Well, it’s hard to know for certain I suppose but we didn’t use the switch. It was odd too that a tab would stay deployed when we were going 25+ and the screen indicated auto wake was off and neither surf side was indicated. I wish I had more time to tinker with it while we were out.

happened to me the other day... ended up being a stuck surf tab due to bad actuator

uniwarking
06-21-2022, 03:04 PM
happened to me the other day... ended up being a stuck surf tab due to bad actuator

We’ll that’s not great, I’ll have to keep an eye out. I do find that the boat leans more to the starboard side when cruising… without the auto leveling turned on. Certainly not as bad as what I saw the one time last season. I wish there was an easy way to test this.

Magnum
07-30-2022, 12:48 PM
Whether its related to software update or not, my Kaiyen started have cruise control issues (non-gps) after the update, and I get random leak detection sensor messages during my first fill of the day sometimes.

WildH
08-04-2022, 09:37 PM
Whether its related to software update or not, my Kaiyen started have cruise control issues (non-gps) after the update, and I get random leak detection sensor messages during my first fill of the day sometimes.

What kind of cruise issues?