PDA

View Full Version : Opinion - best vinyl cleaners (especially for stains)

eder10986
12-27-2021, 01:58 PM
I’ve been using babes products for the boat and am reasonably happy with them.

As I put the boat to sleep and did a deep interior cleaning I found several stains on the vinyl that babes and a soft brush just wouldn’t touch.

Does anyone have any better recommendations or grandma remedies for leaf stains or mildew stains that won’t wreck the vinyl? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
12-27-2021, 03:23 PM
don't know if you have chilltek but for regular vinyl we have always used malco. it's kinda tough to find and can be spensive depending on how big a jug you buy but I have had a gallon for 12 years now and still not empty. used it on 1 supra and 3 tiges with no ill effects BUT you MUST go back over the seats with a uv like babes/303 as it does pull off the protectant or so I was told.

eder10986
12-27-2021, 05:24 PM
don't know if you have chilltek but for regular vinyl we have always used malco. it's kinda tough to find and can be spensive depending on how big a jug you buy but I have had a gallon for 12 years now and still not empty. used it on 1 supra and 3 tiges with no ill effects BUT you MUST go back over the seats with a uv like babes/303 as it does pull off the protectant or so I was told.

I don’t have chill tech so might be something I’ll consider.

Thanks! I’ll look into it. Just annoyed of these mildew and leaf stains. Otherwise the vinyl is clean clean clean

sandm
12-27-2021, 06:37 PM
malco took all that kind of stuff off for us with no issues. especially mildew along the seams on the bottom of the cushions.

eder10986
12-27-2021, 09:23 PM
Which products specifically?

https://www.malcoautomotive.com/adminsite/content/content/File/800536_Malco_Marine_Brochure_Web_FInal.pdf

Thanks!!!

parrothd
12-27-2021, 10:23 PM

https://www.malcoautomotive.com/adminsite/content/content/File/800536_Malco_Marine_Brochure_Web_FInal.pdf

Thanks!!!

Malco is pretty aggressive cleaner, I'd stick with totally awesome from the dollar store or amazon. Best stuff out there, can't beat the price.

haknslash
12-28-2021, 09:07 AM
I used this stuff on my previous boats vinyl to get naked on roofing shingle asphalt off and it did an amazing job! Been using it ever since to keep my vinyl looking new. I protect it with a top coat of 303 UV protectant. The vinyl cleaner was suggested to me by a fisherman so if they deal with fish blood, guts and such then it should be good enough for my use.

https://youtu.be/nCErxTGfSm8

sandm
12-28-2021, 11:29 AM

Thanks!!!

leather and plastic cleaner.

MJHSupra
12-28-2021, 08:58 PM
I had good luck with a Star Brite Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover + Cleaner.

Cleaner > Good Rinse > Repeat if Necessary > Some Protectant.

Sun helps too.

eder10986
12-29-2021, 12:03 AM
I had good luck with a Star Brite Mold Stain & Mildew Stain Remover + Cleaner.

Cleaner > Good Rinse > Repeat if Necessary > Some Protectant.

Sun helps too.

Thanks!!! Weighing out all options and enjoying reading everyone’s experiences before I make a purchase myself.

haknslash
12-29-2021, 02:56 PM
:D I just realized my post says I used it to get naked on roofing. LMAO WTF!

It should say I used it to get baked on roofing. Damn got owned by autocorrect and proofreading once again :D

HFarr
12-30-2021, 12:27 AM
:D I just realized my post says I used it to get naked on roofing. LMAO WTF!

It should say I used it to get baked on roofing. Damn got owned by autocorrect and proofreading once again :DSaw that, but wasn't going to point it out. I figure any man tough enough to get naked on a roofing shingle is one bad m'fr! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

MPB
01-06-2022, 11:37 AM
We have sworn by 303 products but recently have been using Hula boat products and they are truly impressing me as well.