PDA

View Full Version : Forum denies most of my posts recently

SONIC
12-23-2021, 10:45 AM
Getting a cloudflare Error 1020 Access denied when I try to post.
Prevents me from posting ~85-90% of the time.

Anyone else? (not like you'd be able to reply...)

Hayden
12-23-2021, 11:13 AM
I'm able to post.

sandm
12-23-2021, 11:22 AM
saw a similar error from certain computers I log into several months ago but error went away as quickly as it set in.

Bigs28
12-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Try deleting files/ cookies, clearing your cache.

sandm
12-23-2021, 02:01 PM
yup. getting it again. someone in skiers IT department asleep at the wheel.

HFarr
12-23-2021, 09:13 PM
I haven't had that happen. I am using Tapatalk for the most part though. Are they super opinionated posts pushing what could be. "Political viewpoint"? LOL! Maybe SC is getting like Facebook or Twitter? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

haknslash
12-23-2021, 11:49 PM
Haven’t had it happen to me.

HFarr
12-24-2021, 10:00 AM
Does it seem to happen more with a new post than replies?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Buckeye
12-27-2021, 03:21 PM
I have been having trouble as well. Also with replies

eder10986
12-27-2021, 05:25 PM
Hasn’t happened to me either. But recently I don’t see many new threads (using Tapatalk as well). That’s my main complaint. I see 1-3 threads only but have no problem posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haknslash
01-19-2022, 08:56 PM
I just had this happen to me for the first time. I was trying to edit a post I just created and got the message.

haknslash
01-19-2022, 09:01 PM
I think I figured out why it’s doing it, at least for me. Last night I made some changes to my general account settings hoping it would fix the image upload issue. After having the 1020 error issue I went back into my settings and reverted it back to how I’ve been using it and now the error isn’t happening. Try and see if this fixes it.

Go into your settings and on the the left side scroll down to General settings, then scroll down to Miscellaneous Options section and make sure the “Message Editor Interface:” is set to “Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls” and not “Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing”. Once I did that everything works as it used to.

SONIC
01-20-2022, 09:20 AM
Mine is completely intermittent. Some times it does it sometimes it doesn't.
I've gotten into the habit of copying my post before submitting just in case it doesn't go through I can try again. Vey frustrating to type out a long post only to have it go into the ether lol.

Did it to me this morning, and now it's working fine. (fingers crossed this posts :D)

I'm on a mobile hotspot for internet and ip bounces all over the place, I have to assume it's something to do with that and being unrecognized.

sandm
01-20-2022, 11:08 AM
does it to me but mainly when quoting another post. I am not mobile, only desktop and to hack's point, checked that and I'm checked as he states so that likely isn't the answer.
I remember this happening a year or two ago and thought it was something on skiers side that their IT addressed but my memory is foggy on that.

was seeing it late december, went away and has happened once this week.

mgswake
01-21-2022, 11:58 AM
Been denied, trying from the phone.

MJHSupra
01-21-2022, 10:41 PM
I've been hitting that issue this week several times.

Work PC. Only when I'm quoting.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

sandm
01-22-2022, 03:18 PM
only happens to me when quoting. too many having issues from different pc's that it would make sense to start with skiers first?

MJHSupra
01-23-2022, 05:59 PM
only happens to me when quoting. too many having issues from different pc's that it would make sense to start with skiers first?

Thought the same.

Wonder if it’s something to prevent spammers. I have not paid attention to the msg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haknslash
01-23-2022, 06:58 PM
Mine wasn’t from quoting but rather tying to edit my post. It is strange but I haven’t had it do it since that day.

MJHSupra
01-24-2022, 10:34 AM
I've been hitting that issue this week several times.

Work PC. Only when I'm quoting.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Trying to "Reply With Quote" on this msg on my work PC. Works today.

bergermaister
01-24-2022, 04:37 PM
Our forum Admin (SC employee/contractor) is really the only one who can look into bigger issues.

Sounds silly, but logout, login. Sometimes works.

On editing posts, unless you're a moderator there is only a short window where it will let you go back and edit after the initial post - a matter of minutes. Then your words are engraved in pixels for all eternity, unless you bribe a moderator to go edit for you.

New users who try to post photos or links out of the gate usually get flagged for review before they are visible to everyone. Basic spambot protection. Doesn't always seem to work though.

I'm not on here near as often as I used to be. Not sure about the other mods... I'm going on my 12th year of doing this so you can imagine.