PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Fly high for 07 outback v

gdubb
04-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I just purchased an 07 outback V without a tower because I did not have the clearence where I dock but was wondering if I could put a fly high or Skylon on it. If anyone has Any info on this it would be a huge help! I have had the new boat out 3 times and finally got past the break in and not it is time to ski.

pickle311
04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
you are aware that the tower folds down right?

04OUTBACK
05-01-2007, 08:12 AM
IF Docking is the issue, you may want to go with a Pole? That may be what you are asking about with the Fly High / Skylon question. In My opinion, these are just as function, but they may not be as "Cool" They are easily installed/unistalled, quickly enough that you could dock.
I have wakeboarded behind a Mastercraft with a pole and my outback with a tower and I can't tell a difference in the tower over the pole.

Enjoy the new outback V...

JoeTechie
05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
YES, Fly High makes a specific "V-Drive" model.

http://fatsac.com/FlyHigh/FlyHighProducts.html#8

-Joe

NH Moomba
05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
The Monster Tower very easily folds down flat enough to fit under the stock cover. I have been in boats with the pole and the support wires are a major pain in the neck. It makes use of the front seat difficult.

gdubb
05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
I have to go through a tunnel to get to my dock. I looked at the moomba tower but even down it would not fit. Thank you for the info.

GW

NH Moomba
05-02-2007, 12:59 PM
My Monster Tower when folded is lower than the windshield. I don't see why that shouldn't fit through your tunnel.

cab13367
05-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm with NH Moomba - a Monster is the way to go. Check them out at www.monstertower.com. I installed one on my last boat and they are high quality, rock solid, and are easy to put up and down. Also, you can install racks on a tower and have your boards out of the way, and your bow seats are unaffected. I think these are big pluses over a pole. Monster has real nice quick release racks as well.

Plus, the tower looks way cooler than a pole, IMHO :D

Hope that helps.

Al

docholiday
05-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I had a monster tower on my 93 mastercraft prostar, after we had a pole for years(still have it in garage)....i loved it(the tower). VERY solid.
BUT, if i had to drive thru a tunnel every time i went on the lake....i would have either moved or had to reconsider the monster tower. Fit would not be the issue - having to collapse the thing, especially if people are in the boat, would be cumbersome. Not sure of the drive time to and from tunnel from his house, but a boat full of people and a tower down would be irritating.

We used to remove the pole when we had a full boat - no big deal - laid it down thru the walk-thru to the bow. But the monster tower collapsed takes up a lot more room. Big consideration.

Not sure if this helps, but it sounds like a pole would be more feasible in this situation...my $0.02...

-doc

cab13367
05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
doc,

Good point, I had not thought of that.

Al

gdubb
05-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I have to go through a tunnel to get to my dock because I am on an inlet but I think I am going to move the boat to the main lake. The monster tower looks like it is going to be the best fit. I have an out back v and the factory tower is a bit low. I am 6'5" and hit my head on it. Is the Monster tower Higher than the Moomba Tower?

GW

NH Moomba
05-07-2007, 05:14 PM
To some extent the Monster Tower height is based on how you choose to mount it. I will try to measure mine tonight when I get home. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of clearance. PM me and I will send you some pictures if you are interested. My favorite thing about the MT is that when folded down with the front legs to the middle, it holds the cover up so the rain rolls right off without having to use those poles. Since you have V, I don't know if that would still work.

Andy

gdubb
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
If you have some pics that would be great. I ordered the tower today and it should be here by the weekend. I think that I am just going to have my dealer put it on. I really dont want the hassle. I went to my dealer today and looked at the tower for the Outbacks and they are a lot different than the Mobius ones. The MT has the same 2 1/2 tubes as the larger boats. Thanks for the help I will get some pics up once it is on.

GW

cab13367
05-08-2007, 12:43 AM
gdubb,

You might have missed the customer photos section of the monster tower site. If you click on the "Cust. Photos" button on their site, it will take you to a section where you can look at customer boats with MT's on them, and they are categorized by make. There are quite a few of Moombas with towers.

Since height is an important consideration for you, be sure and ask the dealer to try and mount the "feet" on top of the gunwale rather than on the side of the boat. That alone makes several inches of difference.

BTW, if you go to the Runabouts section of the Customer Photos, click on VIP, my old stern drive is on there. It's titled "Al Cabrera's 1991 VIP Vision SS", about halfway down the page. I mounted the feet on top of the gunwale to maximize height.

Hope that helps.

Al

NH Moomba
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Mine is the Purple Outback LS on the MT site.

gdubb
05-08-2007, 01:43 PM
My tower is on its way and will hit the site in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the help.

GW