PDA

View Full Version : Wipe down process

mgswake
11-04-2021, 12:05 PM
Hi all, still struggling with the search function. Two questions for quick wipedowns;

What is your process at the ramp after you pull your boat for daily wipe downs?

What product do you use?

And, for more intense detailing, full cleaning:

Is your process different?

What products do you use?

I used to have a 2000 SAN and I wouldn't even wipe it down most days, I would wash it a couple times throughout the summer and wax once or twice. I am ordering a boat here this winter and would like to set up a better routine to keep it nice. I have heard of babes and boat bling. I was thinking of getting hot sauce and quickie sauce for a quick wipedown at the ramp. The dealer told me during the demo to only use soap and water on the chill tech. We are planning to order a 22 SL. Thanks everyone for your input/recommendations.

larry_arizona
11-04-2021, 12:24 PM
I have made my own wipe down detailer using carpro ECH20 10:1 then I add 25% white vinegar.

It works great, very economical but stinks like vinegar of course.

I bought some hot sauce to try and it’s slightly better, just more expensive and smells better.

Either way they work.

Interior: you will get a spray bottle and a bottle of Dawn dish soap with your Supra. That’s all you use on the vinyl.

I don’t wipe down at the ramp, usually next day inside my barn. Mist boat, wait a few minutes, wipe down.

Gelcoat is fully ceramic coated, wipe down is a breeze.

I use Hula RAD10 diluted for the gatorstep. Mist it on, power wash GS and like new.

Glass I use a coating and then glass cleaner after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgswake
11-04-2021, 01:04 PM
This may be a stupid question? Does Supra ceramic coat? or, did you have that done on your own.

larry_arizona
11-04-2021, 01:06 PM
This may be a stupid question? Does Supra ceramic coat? or, did you have that done on your own.

I did it myself. Supra does not offer it from factory, I think one of the OEM’s offers it.

sandm
11-04-2021, 01:16 PM
we always took towels from the day and remove all the water at the ramp.
once home we used meguirs quick detail on the exterior and babes on the interior but we don't have chilltek.
once a year over the winter do a good wax on the exterior and a good clean on the interior using malco followed up with babes.

worked for 14 years for us. lots of other products will have similar results. what matters most is getting a routine and sticking to it.

Jason1975
11-04-2021, 01:46 PM
Hot sauce. Works for me and the boat turns out great. Gets rid of any water spots.

HFarr
11-04-2021, 02:49 PM
Hot sauce for me too. Works on the hull, glass, stainless and painted metal on tower too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Ironcross25
11-04-2021, 03:49 PM
Hot sauce for me too. Quick and easy. I wipe down at end of weekend when we are done. Little more of a pita since
It’s on a lift but still fairly quick.

eder10986
11-04-2021, 03:52 PM
There’s a great spot for us to wipe down at the marina so after we pull the boat out we wipe down with babes spot free.

Kept the boat looking good most of the season. I did powerwash 2x this season followed by spot free rinse and wax.

I don’t have chilltech so I use babes on the interior as well to clean and condition.

My rationale for doing at the marina is I’m exhausted when we get home and all I have to do is cover the boat and call it a day.

Riddler
11-05-2021, 11:19 AM
I use Hot Sauce on the exterior as well, and Vinyl Sauce on the interior.

MJHSupra
11-05-2021, 01:57 PM
I wipe down at the boat ramp. Tried a bunch of products over the years and hate the ones that smell like cat piss. Most all work about the same, even my homemade versions. Used Lucas Spray Quick Detailer in the blue bottle all this year. Really happy with that. No water marks on the SL. Peeps always tell me it looks clean.

For wax, I used Meguiar's Marine M5616 carnauba wax. Works well. Probably waxed 2x this year. The quick spray wax does a lot to keep it looking good. Plus my auto-detailer buds tell me it helping with any oxidation on a black/red boat.

I do not have chill tech. You will be getting a spray bottle with Dawn on a new Supra interior.

RUGER761
11-05-2021, 02:41 PM
I wipe down after we get back home and its in the shop. Get all of the gear out of it so it can dry out properly. Then I use Hula surf away detailer spray. Works very well on gelcoat even if its dry and pretty streak free on windows. Plus smells good. Hula RAD on the gator step and then Vinyl Sauce on the seats if they are dirty if not Hula Vinyl conditioner. Love to find something that would keep the gator step from water spoting so bad so it didn't have to be wiped down every trip out. Not hard to wipe down just adds more time.

2in2out
11-05-2021, 03:12 PM
We used hot sauce on our last two boats with good results.

Where we used to boat the typical pm winds were 15+ and RH <12 and water hardness near 800, so it was a race to spray and dry before spots happened bad.

If we were camping with the boat, all bets were off because it would be moored for 3-5 days. We’d wipe down the glass and any polished surfaces above the waterline. It usually took me at least a whole day of cleaning after the camping trip.

Day trips we usually were home by 3pm, so take a nap, order some dinner, and use the cool of the early evening to rinse, polish with hot sauce, and dry.

The chiltec in the SA was only problematic if sunscreen got on it. Still haven’t figured out a solution for getting the sunscreen stains out.

When the new boat comes, I’ll be stocked up with Hula products for surface care.

Making my new SA build come true!!!

HFarr
11-06-2021, 09:34 AM
"RH <12 and water hardness near 800"

Damn! That' super dry! I could see watersheds the size of quarters forming in those conditions! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

brad460
11-06-2021, 09:49 AM
Bought Hot Sauce this year due to all the good reviews- The stuff works good. Once the bottle was empty I mixed up some water, vinegar and Meguiars detail mist car wax and found this worked as good or better than Hot Sauce. (In the past I just used water and vinegar).

Never wipe the boat down at the landing as we are always wanting to just get out of there. I’ll wait until the next day when everything is dried up.

larry_arizona
11-06-2021, 10:20 AM
My issue with wiping down at the ramp is trying to dry it in direct sun. Always looks like crap.

Comes out so much nicer and exponentially easier indoors.

russellsmojo
11-10-2021, 12:49 PM
I agree. Hard to get a good clean shine at the ramp on a hot sunny day. I usually hit it fairly quick. Then depending on how soon the next use will be I shine it up at home or just leave it for next trip.

Do inside and outside really good at season end.