PDA

View Full Version : Wakemakers Midship piggy back bags

Dank
10-13-2021, 06:44 PM
….Installed these bad boys today…..now sitting at 10,800 lbs total displacement! [emoji15]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/99dd25ffed96bf0042ccb04e7d8ea1b3.jpg

996scott
10-13-2021, 06:54 PM
Storage is over rated! :D Looks great!

Dank
10-13-2021, 07:04 PM
Storage is over rated! :D Looks great!

Ha! Truth be told - all we were using this area for before was the lead and a few ropes...didn’t use it all season. Lead is now all tucked away, besides a few bags left out for tweaking the wave if needed.

Plenty of space for ropes and vests in rear lockers.. big cooler goes in the seat cut out slot, and another cooler in the sub floor locker. Between racks and Bimini pockets, holds 8 boards…. Still have the huge area under passenger side completely free for whatever.. especially since they relocated the batteries form there.

What else do you need? Lol.

Can’t wait to try it out! [emoji2939]

HFarr
10-13-2021, 08:39 PM
Looks good. How are they plumbed in?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Dank
10-14-2021, 02:23 PM
They just plug into the bags that are underneath that locker…. There is a hatch there that you open up. So basically, it’s just laying directly over the “sub floor” ballast.

Wakemakers for the win!!! Reach out to Adam Tabor if interested in ordering the parts. He shipped it immediately and had it within days.
Cheap too!!

Can’t wait to try it.

HFarr
10-14-2021, 04:48 PM
They just plug into the bags that are underneath that locker…. There is a hatch there that you open up. So basically, it’s just laying directly over the “sub floor” ballast.

Wakemakers for the win!!! Reach out to Adam Tabor if interested in ordering the parts. He shipped it immediately and had it within days.
Cheap too!!

Can’t wait to try it.Hmmmm....I may have to do that. Thanks for the info!

sleek98
10-15-2021, 10:10 AM
I plumbed mine in off the top of the rear bags, then ran a vent off the wake makers bag. Works like a champ.

Dank
10-15-2021, 10:22 AM
Sleek - so you replaced one of the normal plugs on the WM bag with the vent you initially took off the stock bag? That’s a great idea!! Definitely going to to do that!!!

Thanks for the tip!

Dank
10-15-2021, 06:23 PM
actually.. just found out the stock bags have a different thread size than the wakemakers.. (weird… why I don’t know)…. But that would make it impossible to use the old vent on the wakemakers..

Good news is the plugs that came with the wm’s have holes drilled near the top which can vent / bleed the bags if left not all the way closed.

sleek98
10-15-2021, 09:20 PM
No I have hoses running from the top of the factory bag to the bottom of the wake maker bag. The. I replaced a top plug from the wake maker bag with a fitting and ran a hose to the overflow hose going out the hull connecting it with a T there.

jedwards93
10-31-2021, 10:18 AM
Ha! Truth be told - all we were using this area for before was the lead and a few ropes...didn’t use it all season. Lead is now all tucked away, besides a few bags left out for tweaking the wave if needed.

Plenty of space for ropes and vests in rear lockers.. big cooler goes in the seat cut out slot, and another cooler in the sub floor locker. Between racks and Bimini pockets, holds 8 boards…. Still have the huge area under passenger side completely free for whatever.. especially since they relocated the batteries form there.

What else do you need? Lol.

Can’t wait to try it out! [emoji2939]

Do you have a picture of the cooler in the sub floor locker or what cooler fits in there? I didnt think of placing a cooler in that spot but sounds like a great idea.

Dank
11-02-2021, 12:51 PM
I don’t have any pictures handy, but it’s the titan ziperless cooler off amazon - I think it’s the 36 can? Can’t remember. We have the smaller one for the sub floor and the bigger one that goes into the passenger seat cut out area. Keep all the alcohol in The sub floor and everything else out in the other cooler. Works out great. What’s really cool is you can keep it closed until you actually get out, then open the top once you are out there. Lasts all day, easy. The coolers have another cool feature that’s a tray for the food that sits on top so things don’t get all soggy. (We don’t use it in the smaller one)..

Ziperless now for life…. Never going back to those nightmares!

Lol.

jedwards93
11-03-2021, 07:52 PM
Thanks thats awesome

HFarr
11-04-2021, 03:05 PM
Bought this at West marine. Fits under the side midship seats perfectly. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211104/ed5f50fdbac23e6dfaea2f6007be48c4.jpg

Dank
11-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Except… those would be full if you added the midship bags! ……[emoji1787][emoji305]

HFarr
11-05-2021, 10:21 AM
That is absolutely true.