PDA

View Full Version : Bimini options for 16 mondo

Mxmark4
09-11-2021, 08:22 AM
My boat has the stock bimini which is a huge pain to deploy and stow. Last week one of the round buttons that pop up tru the bimini bows wouldnt pop up and the top blew apart and bent the main bow. The 2017-8 and up mondos have the newer style bimini top with the big silver bars like the supras have. Anybody converted to that style top? Or is there a better aftermarket option if I cant reuse my canvas and upgrade to the newer arms?

Bigs28
09-11-2021, 09:08 AM
Sewlong makes aftermarket biminis. Check their site or email then what tower you have.

Mxmark4
09-11-2021, 09:49 PM
Quick stop by the dealer today confirmed I wont be getting an oem bimini. They wanted 1500 dollars for a stock bimini top and frame. The frame only was over 900. I am goin to pull it apart and see if it cant be straightened, I will see if I cant find someone to bend a new bow for me. Absolute worst case i will cut out the bent piece sleeve it and weld it up. The fabric will cover it so no one will know. As costly as the new bimini top is I have decided to just wait until I find an option that offers more shade before I buy anything else.