PDA

View Full Version : Helix 2020 wakeboard setting

RTWakeClub
09-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Hello guys,

Our French wake club buy this year a Moomba Helix 2020 with additionnal ballasts option, so 2300 lbs.

After many weeks trying to setup the surf wave, we succeed !

But we never reach a good wakeboard wave.

There is Always the right wave that is green and huge and the left wave white with foam..

And more you activate the wakeplate more it's Bad!

May you help please?

Our previous Moomba outback had a better wakeboard wave!! ��

Thank you so much,

RTWakeClub
09-07-2021, 04:06 PM

This is our boat

HFarr
09-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Sounds like it's time for a field trip! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

HFarr
09-07-2021, 05:02 PM
From the photo of the wake you sent, it seems to be listing like you have it set up for surf right. Make sure the switch isn't flipped. Or the button on the screen isn't selected for surf right. Have you looked at your surf tabs to make sure the actuator isn't stuck?

HFarr
09-07-2021, 05:03 PM

This is our boatThis picture didn't show up

RTWakeClub
09-08-2021, 04:38 AM
No i'm sure the surf right is not activated...

But i'm not sure if the flap Come back correctly at 0 position.
Maybe i'll check that.

Thank you

RTWakeClub
09-08-2021, 04:39 AM

Try again, but if you click link picture is open

RTWakeClub
09-08-2021, 04:42 AM
Do you have setting that run well with your Helix 2020 for wakeboarding?

RTWakeClub
09-08-2021, 05:09 AM
A little bit far but you can :-D

Picture of the wave settings you see above

Jon
09-08-2021, 06:45 AM
You have too much weight on the starboard side. See how the boat is leaning in your picture? If you have AutoWake, turn it on. If not, move passengers toward the port side until both sides of the wake is clean. You could also fill the ballast a little more on the port side to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFarr
09-08-2021, 09:07 AM
I would also double check those tabs to make sure they are moving up and down like they should. Sometimes they can get out of calibration. If this happens, you can switch the boat off, turn your batteries off. Then back on and switch to run for a moment while they self adjust, ( give it a minute and you can hear them move) then start the boat up again.

Holdmybeer
09-08-2021, 09:40 AM
+1 this.....The starboard weight need to be less because of the prop rotation. If you have Autowake, use it and it should clean up. I found adding bow weight helps also.

Scott-clt
09-08-2021, 09:57 AM
I also have a 2020 helix and haven’t spent much time wake boarding but always curious what others setup is for wake surfing. How much ballast are you running and what are your autowake settings?

Tommy2slow
09-08-2021, 12:22 PM
I have the same issue with my 2020 Mojo. Have to run 20% more ballast in port bag to make the wake even. And yes, it changes when the centre plate is adjusted. Major pain in the butt. I was asking in another thread if the new “Go Home” feature on the 2022s might work to clean up the wave. Didn’t get a definitive answer. I don’t have Autowake in my boat and and inquiry to my local dealer about adding it gave me a $2800 quote for parts not including labour. They said I couldn’t do the software upgrade myself. Not going to lie, the idea of drilling a hole in the bottom of the hull for the draft sensor has me twitching in fear as well so I don’t think I would attempt the upgrade in my garage. But if you have Autowake you might be able to add the 2022 software and let me know if Go Home fixes the issues. You need the 7” screen though.

RTWakeClub
09-08-2021, 05:11 PM
Thank you all,

We don't have autowake, so i already try à lot of settings, fill more the portside, move thé guys to the portside, fill all the bags, half, only the bow, without ballast...waves is never as good as the outback !

That's why i'll take à look on the surfplate position. I'll check this weekend.

I'll keep you informed if there is a surfplate system issue.

++

RTWakeClub
09-09-2021, 03:58 PM
I also have a 2020 helix and haven’t spent much time wake boarding but always curious what others setup is for wake surfing. How much ballast are you running and what are your autowake settings?

This is our settings to have a good wave on both side without loosing Time :

- wakeplate 0
- surf plate stbd side for left wave 65
- surf plate portside for right wave 80
- port ballast 70%
- bow + stbd ballast 100%
- speed 10.5 mph

It's Always running well, and you Can improve with more people on board.
If there is Foam on thé wave, move a guy on the bow