PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Woes

CT Skier
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi all,
Well, I've been enjoying my first few trips on the water this season. I ran into a small snafu today, though. I went out to install the permanent RCA jacks in the glove box today for the MP3 player, but it seems that the stock Kenwood stereo is no longer switching in "AUX IN". I've tried everything that I can think of-removed and installed the Aux Input adapter, checked all of my wiring, checked the MP3 player to make sure it was working. I read the manual and it says to contact a service dealer if the stereo doesnt switch over to "AUX IN" or the external CD changer does not power up. Before I do that I wanted to check here with the fountain of collective Moomba knowledge..... HELP!!!

tarkus70
04-30-2007, 05:57 AM
I had the same trouble with my CD changer last year it would not turn on. I had to replace the stereo. This year I am removing the changer and using the adapter for the MP3 player.

NCSUmoomba
04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't know this will help or not, but on my Kenwood, I had to go into the menu and turn on the AUX input before it would let me switch to it.

CT Skier
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info-how do access the menu to check and see if that is the issue?

NCSUmoomba
05-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't remember exactly, and it varies from unit to unit. I had to break out the manual to figure mine out.