PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Supra Zero Off issues

larry_arizona
08-17-2021, 06:19 PM
Occasionally when I select swell surf and activate, the zero off doesn’t go to the set speed.

Example: Set speed is supposed to be 11.0mph with swell surf activated, but it will actually be 28mph and creep up on the vision screen 0.1mph every 1-2 seconds.

I have to shut off boat then reboot the vision screens until both are up 100% then restart engine and everything works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwfehr
08-17-2021, 06:57 PM
Seems the ethernet cables are causing issues in a few 21's. I haven't heard of your situation before. My cruise would not turn off after disengaging autowake. Fix was to replace the ethernet cable...if you haven't tried that yet maybe start there. All I got...

21 Supra SL
19 Moomba Max

Tommy2slow
08-18-2021, 01:16 AM
Not trying to hack this thread but have another question regarding ZeroOff. If I start pulling a rider and forget to engage ZO it won’t engage or do anything after I engage it until I slow back down to an idle. After doing that, I can then accelerate and the ZO takes over and all is good. Same thing is happening the other way too. If I try to accelerate up onto plane with ZO activated and set to a surf speed the boat stays at that speed even after I disengage ZO even though I have lots of throttle engaged. Same thing, after I slow to idle I can then power up and the boat accelerates away like nothing happened.

SONIC
08-18-2021, 08:35 AM
Not trying to hack this thread but have another question regarding ZeroOff. If I start pulling a rider and forget to engage ZO it won’t engage or do anything after I engage it until I slow back down to an idle. After doing that, I can then accelerate and the ZO takes over and all is good. Same thing is happening the other way too. If I try to accelerate up onto plane with ZO activated and set to a surf speed the boat stays at that speed even after I disengage ZO even though I have lots of throttle engaged. Same thing, after I slow to idle I can then power up and the boat accelerates away like nothing happened.

That's just how it works, really annoying IMO. Have to go to neutral to turn it on or off in my experience.

HFarr
08-18-2021, 02:34 PM
Not trying to hack this thread but have another question regarding ZeroOff. If I start pulling a rider and forget to engage ZO it won’t engage or do anything after I engage it until I slow back down to an idle. After doing that, I can then accelerate and the ZO takes over and all is good. Same thing is happening the other way too. If I try to accelerate up onto plane with ZO activated and set to a surf speed the boat stays at that speed even after I disengage ZO even though I have lots of throttle engaged. Same thing, after I slow to idle I can then power up and the boat accelerates away like nothing happened.I have experienced that too. On the other extreme, I forgot to engage it one time when pulling my son up. He gets up instantly, and I have gotten used to just throwing the throttle forward and jumping to surf speed quickly. Welp, that time it jumped on up to about 18 mph before I, or he, knew what happened. He got up and hung on fine. I quickly realized what I had done and backed off the throttle fast. Mistake on my part, because next thing I know is he is in the back of the boat sitting on the sunpad! Of course everyone is looking at me like I am an idiot! Which I guess I was.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk