PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Issues - 2019 Mojo

jcredible
08-17-2021, 03:05 PM
Hey all,

My 2019 Mojo is struggling with Cruise Issues this year. I thought I had Zero Off(as the screen says so)....but don't see a puck infront of windshield...so must be Paddlewheel. Here is the behaviour:

1) Adjusting the speed constantly on outings to get proper surf speed.
2) Seems to change based on wind direction too.(Assuming current through paddlewheel)
3) Goofy runs almost 1MPH quicker than regular while surfing.(But with speedometer app on my phone it is the same speed)

I am just not sure where to start troubleshooting this...so looking for any guidance.

Thanks!

jcredible
08-17-2021, 03:06 PM
I also seem to get lots of surging while the chop is a little bigger(especially on goofy surf)

SONIC
08-17-2021, 03:07 PM
Surging is sometimes a result of not enough prop for the weight you're pulling.

jcredible
08-17-2021, 03:45 PM
i am only running 4200 lbs of weight with a 15x13 prop....RPMs are only at 36-38 RPMs....so not sure it is the prop

KnoxMojo
08-17-2021, 05:45 PM
O Off is paddlewheel, not GPS. If you are really loaded up and listed to the surf side, you're pulling the paddlewheel out of the water some, which would make sense why surging in chop. Inspect your paddlewheel while on the trailer, if you spin it, do it slowly as to not mess you the sensor. You could also pull it to inspect and clean, may have gotten a little debris in it.

KnoxMojo
08-17-2021, 09:02 PM
0 off could be GPS, but if no puck, you have paddlewheel

jcredible
08-17-2021, 09:14 PM
Thanks, it's in the water till september...but will pull it out and see come September.

Worst case I will see if they can replace it under warranty at winterization.

For now I will just load up the app on my iphone to get it dialed daily!

KnoxMojo
08-18-2021, 06:06 AM
Is it on a lift or actually sitting in the water for the season?

jcredible
08-18-2021, 10:57 AM
Sits in a slip in the marina...shoulda looked at it last week when I pulled out for mid season oil change!

KnoxMojo
08-18-2021, 08:15 PM
Sits in a slip in the marina...shoulda looked at it last week when I pulled out for mid season oil change!

Have you thought about the Nautic-laugic GPS? It is plug and play into your current system, I had it on my Mojo

Holdmybeer
08-25-2021, 04:00 PM
Knox,

Is it as simple as it looks? I get surging surfing goofy because we are listed (large crew makes it worse). Just wondering what it would do during knee and wake board sets. I get surging now at 19mph, would love to get rid of it if possible.

Paddlewheel works great most of the time and is clean. Also, we are on lakes and reservoirs more than rivers, so only current is wind speed.

KnoxMojo
08-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Knox,

Is it as simple as it looks? I get surging surfing goofy because we are listed (large crew makes it worse). Just wondering what it would do during knee and wake board sets. I get surging now at 19mph, would love to get rid of it if possible.

Paddlewheel works great most of the time and is clean. Also, we are on lakes and reservoirs more than rivers, so only current is wind speed.

Very easy, unplug the pigtail and replace with the new unit. I ran the wire down the port side hiding it then coming up the vent in front of the windshield, took me about 30-45 minutes. It took away all surging and was very consistent. I could throw double ups and hard turns to stay straight while boarding, was nice!

jcredible
08-25-2021, 04:39 PM
i think it is an off season upgrade for me!

Holdmybeer
08-26-2021, 07:16 AM
Me too, but my list keeps growing.

With these crazy boat prices it will be cheaper to make this one how I like it then sell and replace.