PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Suction WakeSurf Gates

jntMobiusLSV
07-27-2021, 12:23 PM
Thinking about getting an aftermarket suction cup surfgate. I've heard good things about the "SWELL" brand. Just hoping to get a few recommendations about that particular brand or other brands and whether or not the aftermarket surfgates work well? I've got a 2013 Mobius LSV with 600lb ballast on both sides in the back and 600lb ballast in the center.

SONIC
07-27-2021, 12:24 PM
They pretty much all work well. I had the best luck with Nauticurl but everyone has their own opinion on which is the best one.
Simple answer yes they all work very well grab whichever one suits your fancy and have fun.

2in2out
07-27-2021, 01:36 PM
Had both the swell and nauticurl. Both worked great. Do yourself a favor and get the slim version of either. The large suction cups can inhibit placement due to hull lines and angles.

And paint them an obnoxiously bright color you can see through wave shimmer or white caps.

Currently boatless

costanza
07-27-2021, 09:01 PM
Thinking about getting an aftermarket suction cup surfgate. I've heard good things about the "SWELL" brand. Just hoping to get a few recommendations about that particular brand or other brands and whether or not the aftermarket surfgates work well? I've got a 2013 Mobius LSV with 600lb ballast on both sides in the back and 600lb ballast in the center.

I had a nauticurl on my LSV - worked best at around the rear pop up cleat, and had the shaper half or more out of water when sitting still. I tried completely submerging it and the wave was worse. You can get a much better wave with more weight. I still use nauticurl on my Mojo and have a good wave, but am waiting for my Surf Mode to come in and start playing with it. I'll keep you posted how that works when it finally comes in. shipping to Canada is S-L-O-W unfortunately... Good luck!!