PDA

View Full Version : Surf gate stuck, pdm fault

DDD123
07-18-2021, 05:54 PM
Anyone have this before? At cruise the left and right tabs would deploy for 3 seconds then retract and then do it again until the third time only the port ran stayed down and the screen showed pdm (i think) fault. I’ve seen this on other forums and it looks like they do some sort of recalibration and it fixes it but any ideas? Made it undriveable above 10 mph.

parrothd
07-18-2021, 06:10 PM
Anyone have this before? At cruise the left and right tabs would deploy for 3 seconds then retract and then do it again until the third time only the port ran stayed down and the screen showed pdm (i think) fault. I’ve seen this on other forums and it looks like they do some sort of recalibration and it fixes it but any ideas? Made it undriveable above 10 mph.

I have a different boat(Craz) but my surf system was recently going crazy like yours. I traced it to the pdm, when I disconnected the wire connectors they had water shorting it out. Dried out the connectors and added some dielectric grease. The pdm(large black rectangle and says pdm on it) is located behind the back walls behind that port side ballast wall on my boat.

parrothd
07-18-2021, 06:16 PM
Also try turning the main power on off to reset things.

DDD123
07-18-2021, 09:35 PM
I have a different boat(Craz) but my surf system was recently going crazy like yours. I traced it to the pdm, when I disconnected the wire connectors they had water shorting it out. Dried out the connectors and added some dielectric grease. The pdm(large black rectangle and says pdm on it) is located behind the back walls behind that port side ballast wall on my boat.

What does PDM stand for? It did say pdm fault.

parrothd
07-18-2021, 10:13 PM
What does PDM stand for? It did say pdm fault.

Power distribution module?