PDA

View Full Version : Registration number

mvd
04-26-2007, 03:58 AM
What is the type of font that Moomba use in the logo?
I want to make a registration number that fits the style of the boat.

Where should i place it? What are you experience? I can choose where to place it myself here in Europe

Nafplio
04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I was never able to find the font type. A local sign company made the reg decals for me. I believe another member here has used their services since then.

zabooda
04-26-2007, 12:38 PM
There has been a post a while back that discussed the font. If I remember right, it was not a common font set. The sizing and location of the registration numbers is normally dictated by a government agency. From what I see on the water and discussions on this board, the government agencies in the US have some leeway on fonts and colors as long as they are 3" numbers, contrast from the background color of the boat and can be legible from a short distance away. The law on numbers were written years ago before computer designed vinyl numbers. My first boat I bought new in 1983 I had the numbers painted on at a shop so I didn't have to use those block style numbers like you see on old fishing boats. Can you imagine having to change numbers? You need to check the rules for location as that may vary. When I lived in Idaho they had the Coast Guard registration with the numbers on the side but had the State sticker on the back of the boat.

mvd
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
depends on if you have a mobius or an outback

The 2003 outback used a modified "masque" font.

http://www.fontfreak.com/fonts-m.htm

scroll to bottom of the "m" 's

Super,

This masque font is the font that the moomba mobius use. The letter B is the same as this font. No numbers in this font right?

Thanks

canadasteve
05-22-2007, 02:32 PM
What font is the Tribal Mobius Logo on the 07's? I am looking for a font with NUMBERS that is close so I can use it for my boat registration.

Thanks