PDA

View Full Version : Questions - New Moomba Mojo Options

uniwarking
07-13-2021, 07:08 PM
Hey all, I'm looking to lock in a build slot for a 2022 Moomba Mojo that will be built early next year. I assume there will be some additional options introduced in the next couple months and I know I'm able to adjust options until much closer to the build date but I wanted to learn a bit more from the group on a few items I'm not 100% sure on. I also have a few questions on dimensions / storage. I am still holding out hope that this slot can be converted to a Supra SL but that isn't looking possible.

Thanks in advance!

1) Tower - A3 vs Pro. I'm seeing very little difference at first glance, especially with the $3,700 upcharge. I do like the idea of the side tow points as we have a lot of young and new riders and we often tie to the tower. As far as bimini coverage, I can't really tell a difference and the both appear to have surf storage. Both allow for the Wetsound Premium Package (Rev 10's). Is there something I'm missing here?

2) Trailer Wheel Options - I do like the look of 18" wheels and I assume the torsion axle will provide some upside for ride. With that said, I don't think they're really using "trailer" tires here. I'm tempted to get the standard wheel (14" or 15" I assume) and put some proper trailer tires on (I'd replace the Boatmate provided time bombs with Goodyear Endurance). I don't see anything besides 14" and 15" tires listed on Boatmate's part page... what are they shipping on the 18" wheels? The 18" upgrade ends up costing almost $3k when you also do the 18" spare.

3) Cover - can this be towed? I see comments around the new Supra covers towing well. I currently tow with a custom Evolution cover on my 2013 Mojo as the stock mooring cover was not great for towing.

4) Aluminum Step Plates on Trailer - I assume this is diamond plate in place of the Gator Step? Any thoughts here... assume this would hold up better and it's a bit cheaper.

5) Side storage bins - I believe these go in the rear lockers to make the ballast "sub-floor" or really "sub-bin." How deep are these and are they worth it? We currently just put jackets (and occasionally a tube) on top of the ballast bags in our 13' and they barely fit when we fill.

6) How deep is the storage under the seats? The subfloor ballast and such is great but from the pics/videos those storage areas look really shallow. Certainly not cavernous as many of the brands are advertising. I'm certainly concerned about cooler and lead ballast storage.

7) Prop - I see the "surf" prop 15.5x8 is regardless of engine choice. I plan to get the 450... any experience here? We mostly surf and will run extra weight but we also like to wakeboard, ski, knee board, tube and cruise (rarely exceed 40 MPH)

8) Wet Sounds - A few questions here. What are folks impressions here of the premium package? I'm coming from a custom Exile install that I've been pretty happy with. Where is the sub located (have not seen this in any pics or videos). Would it be of any benefit to not get this from the factory and install my own Wetsounds or Exile system?

9) General - how do folks feel about the new display? I see things have transitioned from analog only to combined analog and screen and now to almost everything on a 7" screen. It sure feels like everything would require a bit more manipulation versus just glancing down.

Any other tidbits on must haves and things to avoid would be great. The input is very much appreciated!

sleek98
07-13-2021, 07:32 PM
Hey all, I'm looking to lock in a build slot for a 2022 Moomba Mojo that will be built early next year. I assume there will be some additional options introduced in the next couple months and I know I'm able to adjust options until much closer to the build date but I wanted to learn a bit more from the group on a few items I'm not 100% sure on. I also have a few questions on dimensions / storage. I am still holding out hope that this slot can be converted to a Supra SL but that isn't looking possible.

Thanks in advance!

1) Tower - A3 vs Pro. I'm seeing very little difference at first glance, especially with the $3,700 upcharge. I do like the idea of the side tow points as we have a lot of young and new riders and we often tie to the tower. As far as bimini coverage, I can't really tell a difference and the both appear to have surf storage. Both allow for the Wetsound Premium Package (Rev 10's). Is there something I'm missing here?

I got the pro tower. Slightly more shade and side tow points.

2) Trailer Wheel Options - I do like the look of 18" wheels and I assume the torsion axle will provide some upside for ride. With that said, I don't think they're really using "trailer" tires here. I'm tempted to get the standard wheel (14" or 15" I assume) and put some proper trailer tires on (I'd replace the Boatmate provided time bombs with Goodyear Endurance). I don't see anything besides 14" and 15" tires listed on Boatmate's part page... what are they shipping on the 18" wheels? The 18" upgrade ends up costing almost $3k when you also do the 18" spare.

3) Cover - can this be towed? I see comments around the new Supra covers towing well. I currently tow with a custom Evolution cover on my 2013 Mojo as the stock mooring cover was not great for towing.

I have towed with mine 200 miles one way due to rain. No issues but I don’t normally trailer with a cover on.

4) Aluminum Step Plates on Trailer - I assume this is diamond plate in place of the Gator Step? Any thoughts here... assume this would hold up better and it's a bit cheaper.

Correct. This is what I choose.

5) Side storage bins - I believe these go in the rear lockers to make the ballast "sub-floor" or really "sub-bin." How deep are these and are they worth it? We currently just put jackets (and occasionally a tube) on top of the ballast bags in our 13' and they barely fit when we fill.

They are about a foot deep. I am going to pull mine out when I put in custom bags. Right now I have ropes in there.

6) How deep is the storage under the seats? The subfloor ballast and such is great but from the pics/videos those storage areas look really shallow. Certainly not cavernous as many of the brands are advertising. I'm certainly concerned about cooler and lead ballast storage.

8” from the floor to the under seat support. Another inch or so to the bottom of the seat. Cannot got a cooler there. Lead or jackets/towels are really the only option for them

7) Prop - I see the "surf" prop 15.5x8 is regardless of engine choice. I plan to get the 450... any experience here? We mostly surf and will run extra weight but we also like to wakeboard, ski, knee board, tube and cruise (rarely exceed 40 MPH)

I would go with the surf prop 15.5x15. I have a 400 with the 15.5x16.5 and I have issues with 2,500 of people/lead/gear.

8) Wet Sounds - A few questions here. What are folks impressions here of the premium package? I'm coming from a custom Exile install that I've been pretty happy with. Where is the sub located (have not seen this in any pics or videos). Would it be of any benefit to not get this from the factory and install my own Wetsounds or Exile system?

Sub is under the driver helm in the storage area. To get to it, you open the seat back from the front.

9) General - how do folks feel about the new display? I see things have transitioned from analog only to combined analog and screen and now to almost everything on a 7" screen. It sure feels like everything would require a bit more manipulation versus just glancing down.

I am 50/50 on using the screen vs the switches.

Any other tidbits on must haves and things to avoid would be great. The input is very much appreciated!

See replies above

brad460
07-13-2021, 08:17 PM
To add to the boat cover question...I am assuming the Mojo cover is same as the Max...We tow long distances with our cover and have no issues. Towing with the cover increases our fuel economy by about 3 mpg.

I bought some stretch wrap off Amazon and quickly wrap the upper part of the boat. It literally takes a few minutes to run around the boat.

We had zero scuffing on our gel coat after a recent 600 mile round trip.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210714/21d9732a75c5d40539ca9cdb1a8eaa54.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sandm
07-13-2021, 08:53 PM
tower choice. pro tower will get you under an 8ft door. other tower will not. this was on kaiyen and makai but assume mojo is same. if you need an 8ft requirement get pro. if not the other will save coin.

stereo we always opted for cheapest pack and install myself but that's because I love to do it. get tower wired and install yourself. not sure there's any real savings there but for me, spending a winter installing all the fun stuff like that is my yoga....

Bigs28
07-13-2021, 09:18 PM
I have the a3 tower and bimini. The bimini in my mind is terrible and a complete waste of money. I will be replacing it with an aftermarket larger one. It stops directly above my head driving and im in the sun all day.

larry_arizona
07-13-2021, 09:30 PM
Torsion suspension is really nice and also allows you to use a tire ramp to change tires super easy.

18” are nitro 420s 255/55/18 XL’s, good tires.

They handle and track better than the 15’s

Heads up, starting this year, boatmate 15’s are the smallest tires I have ever seen on a trailer.

My 2018 Boatmate had 225/75/15 road kings, 2021 boatmate uses 205/75/15 road kings and they are pencil thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chubbysurfer
07-13-2021, 10:59 PM
I have the a3 tower and bimini. The bimini in my mind is terrible and a complete waste of money. I will be replacing it with an aftermarket larger one. It stops directly above my head driving and im in the sun all day.

I picked up my 2021 mojo this weekend. The boat itself is way nicer
than expected!!! However, the a3 Bimini is bad…real bad. I literally baked in the sun all weekend. I need to figure out a fix for that…

Holdmybeer
07-14-2021, 07:06 AM
If it were I looking to buy a 22 Mojo.

The pro tower - But look at SewLong for the bimini. Moomba is $1950 upgrade and includes the hardware. I do not think SewLong does.

18's track better and torsion axles are smooth - Torsion axles also have more moving parts to fail and if you get basic steel wheels you can upgrade to D-rated tires and new 15" wheels of your choice for $1000 or less. - Something to think about

Cover - I wouldn't buy it from Moomba. Call Terri at PoppyCovers.com and get an Outer Armour cover. It is 100% towable has Taps (no poles) and wraps the tower legs. Think Supra cover but for your Mojo - same price as factory or slightly less

Side storage bins - hit or miss. I like the over the engine bin for ropes and life jackets but I thought newer boat came with this standard.

Surf prop. Surf prop, Surf prop - see if the dealer can get you 2 so you already have a spare on day 1......lol

Stereo - biggest and best Moomba offers - it will all be factory warranted and integrated. Yes it can be tuned and improved to your liking.

Trailers steps is personal preference. My current is aluminum and it still looks new.

Everything else I cannot commit on since I haven't used the new screens or seen the storage room with all sub-floor ballast. I know the trash bin in the floor is a nice touch, but I would rather it be a cooler like the Surpra's. Rumor is 2022 Chill tech and flip up transom seats might be options....I would go for both of those also.

Bigs28
07-14-2021, 08:01 AM
The trash can compartment should hinge/ open in the opposite direction.

The phone charger on the dash is so poorly designed. After 5 minutes my phone has an alarm going off for over heating because it sits in direct sunlight (again factory bimini is trash).

To access the center rear storage compartment you have to open both side compartments which is a design flaw. Open 3 compartments to access 1? You might want the side storage bins for this. The under seat storage isn't enclosed under the seat so my storage actually leaves the area under the seat which is terrible.

Surf exhaust is must have.

Holdmybeer
07-14-2021, 08:32 AM
Your phone overheating issue is the exact reason my last boat and this boat has a tinted windshield. I can leave my phone on the dash all day in 90* full sun and it is fine playing music.

FYI....this is why I said SewLong for the bimini. Have to build your own frame though.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?35903-Bimini

Outer Armour cover
Post #63
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?35692-2021-Makai-Motor-Question/page7
Taps demo video
https://youtu.be/Cgh9im3cw_g

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 08:34 AM
Get factory surf pipe.

Too expensive to add after the fact.

SONIC
07-14-2021, 09:10 AM
Get factory surf pipe.

Too expensive to add after the fact.

Agreed, plus they have a tendency to crack at the weld (both factory and aftermarket) so it's nice to have that warranty should you need it.

TXSurf4
07-14-2021, 09:45 AM

Thanks in advance!

My biggest tidbit is if you can swing the SL and get a build slot GET IT!! It is a sweet boat! That being said I haven't been in a new Mojo but Moomba is putting out great boats so you can't go wrong but Supras are amazing boats.

1. Pro Tower - as many have said folds lower if needed for storage. Along with the side tow points and other than looking better (IMO) it does have some added lights. The "Moomba" side plate on the base is backlit and the 2 little accents on the top corners on each side are actually lights as well.

2. 18" wheels look amazing but are $3k so that is your call. If we trailered our boat more probably would have opted for them.

3. As far as covers go it was said earlier but skip the factory and call https://poppycompany.com/ and get the Outer Armor cover. I have both the factory and the Outer Armor and the Outer Armor is far superior. They make the Supra covers as well.

4. Aluminum Step Plates - This to me is personal preference as long as you get the transom steps.

5. Side Storage Bins - If you plan to get larger rear bags I would skip these as it will make them obsolete.

7. Prop - Cant say from experience on the 15.5x18 but a guy on here had it with his 450 and said for heavy surfing it couldn't hold speed. I have the 450 in our Makai and the 15.5x16.5 prop does really well no problems getting to and maintaining surf speeds with full ballast, 1k of lead and 8 adults (3 of which were "large" adults lol) I have purchased a spare prop and went with the ACME 2847 which is 15.5x15 but have not run it yet but I can report back when I do.

As Larry said get the Factory Surf Pipe.

Josh828
07-14-2021, 10:05 AM
Before I got banned on facebook earlier I had thoughts of selling mine and ordering a 22.. This time around I would probably go makai because why not however if going mojo again

1. A3 tower with Sewlong Bimini not factory.
My factory Bimini is actually already trashed lol

2. I went 15" wheels and they seem fine. look cool. not worth the cost imo however I would put that money to electric brakes over surge due to the mountains I drive daily.

3. Cover seems okay for towing however dealer didn't recommend it so I alway remove it before towing. Which is fine for me other than the bugs.

4. Step plates. I didn't get anything and it came with just black what seems similar to gator step. Again I would put this money towards transom steps. I don't know how you would get into the boat without transom steps. Again must have transom steps haha

5. I have no bins. I throw a tube, the LTU balls and a few life jackets that get used frequently in there. I actually even put my surf board in there when done for the day. It can be very hard to grab things with that ballast empty because they are so deep but its perfect with bags full.

6. Storage under seats is fine, but I put everyones bags in there and some snacks as the hinged seats make access very easy. But no not large enough for coolers.

7. prop. I live about 5000' my normal lake is about 3200' and I got the standard prop. Surfing has been fine with 15 people and full bags. Cant get up on a plane fully loaded but that's expected. Would have loved to go with the 450 however it bothered me knowing I paid that much for just a tune haha

8. Wet sounds- I did the math and actually its a decent deal from the factory. They sound great only complaint would be the sub. But basically I think go for it and add a sub is still your best option.

9. Love the screen not hard to use at all. The size of it is still small so going with the even smaller screen I feel like would feel cheap.

Again I was way way over budget on my 21. So I skipped every corner I could. Next time around the must haves you might not think of are

Cruise with zero off
Docking lights (I regret, if you ever even think about going out at night)
Gator step deck kit
7" display
swivel board racks ( I skipped thinking I would young and can just grab the board off don't need the swivel, you do if you plan on tying up with someone)
Transom steps on trailer ( I seriously don't know how they expect you to get in the boat without this)

uniwarking
07-14-2021, 04:26 PM
Thank all for the input, great info. I sure hope they are able to resolve a few of these issues quickly for 2022 but I’d assume major changes are unlikely for a boat that was just refreshed for 2021.

Truth be told… I’m even more hesitant to put a deposit on a Mojo. I really wanted a Supra SL or SA and I can’t get a 2022 slot. Maybe I should be looking more at the Makai since it’s essentially the same price as the Mojo?

sleek98
07-14-2021, 05:03 PM
If you opt for the pro tower and the audio, you should be within a few hundred bucks of a Makai/Mojo. When I got mine they were willing to deal a little more on a Makai so it was only going to be around 500 difference.

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 05:03 PM
Thank all for the input, great info. I sure hope they are able to resolve a few of these issues quickly for 2022 but I’d assume major changes are unlikely for a boat that was just refreshed for 2021.

Truth be told… I’m even more hesitant to put a deposit on a Mojo. I really wanted a Supra SL or SA and I can’t get a 2022 slot. Maybe I should be looking more at the Makai since it’s essentially the same price as the Mojo?

If I wanted a new Supra and none were available to order before the 22’s were even announced, I would not be ok settling for a Moomba.

Not that Moomba isn’t an outstanding boat with awesome features/performance etc...but knowing you wanted a Supra and couldn’t buy one.

Every time you see a Supra you will be pissed.

Holdmybeer
07-14-2021, 06:14 PM
If I wanted a new Supra and none were available to order before the 22’s were even announced, I would not be ok settling for a Moomba.

Not that Moomba isn’t an outstanding boat with awesome features/performance etc...but knowing you wanted a Supra and couldn’t buy one.

Yup..... what he said!

TXSurf4
07-14-2021, 11:53 PM

If your dealer has no more open slots are you able to go to the next closest dealer? I get they have territories but money talks and well ya know..... I can’t believe SC would not let another dealer sell to you.

got2skigrl
07-15-2021, 09:26 AM
If your dealer has no more open slots are you able to go to the next closest dealer? I get they have territories but money talks and well ya know..... I can’t believe SC would not let another dealer sell to you.

We did not go to the closest Moomba dealership to where the boat would be registered to purchase our boat, and it was no problem at all. I never gave it a thought when we went to the dealership (which was closer to where the boat would be stored, which made more sense to us). We reserved a build slot and got our boat no questions asked.

uniwarking
07-15-2021, 10:29 AM
I have tried going down that route. I've talked with two in state Supra/Moomba dealerships and multiple out of state dealerships. One out of state dealership told me outright they wanted their slot(s) to go to a local customer so they could provide service/storage and all that good stuff... understandable I guess given the market conditions and additional revenue potential versus a customer they'll rarely see again. That being said, many of these out of state dealerships are maybe only 30 minutes difference in drive time compared to my in state dealers. Some of the other dealerships just have not been good about getting back to me despite multiple outreach attempts. The closest Moomba only dealer hasn't bothered to respond or provide quotes. Selling boats is too easy and customers don't matter as much it seems.

One in state Moomba/Supra dealer that is very engaged has tried but has been unable to secure any more Supra slots. I’d like to give them my business but my options are not what I’d like them to be.

Yeah, I keep thinking this as well. My kids/nieces/nephews are getting into surfing now and are at an age where we have maybe a decade left of them really enjoying the boat before they’re all completely consumed by other activities. I’m not getting any younger either. I’d like to move forward now with the “dream” boat when the used market is in good shape because I can’t imagine we’re going to see any slow down in cost increases of new boats even when the used market settles. That being said… can afford and should afford are two different things. Pavati and Paragon G23’s sure are nice boats but I’m not going there… have to draw the line somewhere :)

I’m sure a Mojo or Makai would leave us pleasantly surprised though, I’d have to think there are enough pluses versus our current 2013 that they are still good options.

I’m kind of in a tough spot. My current boat was just listed and I have no idea when it will sell or what I’ll get out of it. I’m looking at boats of completely different price points and the one I’d really like to jump to seems to be out of reach due to availability. If I wait until ’23 am I missing out on a healthy used market and losing out on a year with a better boat/wave? The annual cost increase will likely eclipse any savings I have by making no payments for the next year since my boat is currently paid off.

larry_arizona
07-15-2021, 10:34 AM
https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-SA400-Murdered-Out--for-sale-Acworth-Georgia-124997.aspx

uniwarking
07-15-2021, 10:54 AM
https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-SA400-Murdered-Out--for-sale-Acworth-Georgia-124997.aspx

Yeah I saw this one last night. A tad high compared to new, of course I can't yet get new :rolleyes: Thanks for pointing this out, maybe at least worth a conversation.

larry_arizona
07-15-2021, 10:56 AM
Yeah I saw this one last night. A tad high compared to new, of course I can't yet get new :rolleyes: Thanks for pointing this out, maybe at least worth a conversation.

It’s actually not a bad price in this market considering demand.

2022 prices will be steep new and 70 hours isn’t a deal breaker in my book, just broken in.

That is a well optioned SA. MSRP on that boat is probably $178k

sandm
07-15-2021, 10:58 AM
Some of the other dealerships just have not been good about getting back to me despite multiple outreach attempts. The closest Moomba only dealer hasn't bothered to respond or provide quotes. Selling boats is too easy and customers don't matter as much it seems.

I am making a big assumption that your primary communication has been phone calls not in-person? perhaps in-person would net a different outcome and an actual order? if there's only 30 minutes between one dealer and another, territories shouldn't matter at that close distance even if it's another state. the closest dealer that doesn't have product is not in any position to push territories with nothing to sell and I would hope skiers would give the nod to complete the sale.
The new normal right now to buy stuff has changed from what it was a few years ago and I would suspect that with the hot boat market going on for the last year, dealers are likely sick and tired of tire kickers on the phone when those that are in person are more apt to spend money.

I would not "settle" on a boat that I was not in love with. moomba builds a GREAT product but if my heart was on a supra, I'd hold out.

TXSurf4
07-15-2021, 11:17 AM
I am making a big assumption that your primary communication has been phone calls not in-person? perhaps in-person would net a different outcome and an actual order? if there's only 30 minutes between one dealer and another, territories shouldn't matter at that close distance even if it's another state. the closest dealer that doesn't have product is not in any position to push territories with nothing to sell and I would hope skiers would give the nod to complete the sale.
The new normal right now to buy stuff has changed from what it was a few years ago and I would suspect that with the hot boat market going on for the last year, dealers are likely sick and tired of tire kickers on the phone when those that are in person are more apt to spend money.

I would not "settle" on a boat that I was not in love with. moomba builds a GREAT product but if my heart was on a supra, I'd hold out.

What he said....

sleek98
07-15-2021, 11:38 AM
I live smack in the middle of 2 dealers, different states but I live on the state line. Both dealers said they could sell it to me, but the dealer in the other state (farther from our lake house) said that if I had any issues I would have to tow it to him to fix as the other dealer would likely not want to fix it/push it to the end of the line. While I live smack in the middle, I store the boat much closer to the dealer I got it from.

uniwarking
07-15-2021, 01:45 PM

I get what you're saying here. The nearest Supra dealer is 2.5 hours from my house (and this is the one that is actually communicating). Before I drive anywhere, I thought it made sense to send build sheets of what I'm looking for to get rough quotes and build timelines. I'm also including info on my current boat for potential trade. Most of my communication has been via email, when it comes time to detail the order or sign paperwork face to face is fine. Honestly I think I'm making it pretty easy... here is what I want and here is what I have, let's make a deal and move on. I'd think with zero inventory out there, "tire kickers" and customer traffic in general would be pretty light.

SONIC
07-15-2021, 02:16 PM
I live smack in the middle of 2 dealers, different states but I live on the state line. Both dealers said they could sell it to me, but the dealer in the other state (farther from our lake house) said that if I had any issues I would have to tow it to him to fix as the other dealer would likely not want to fix it/push it to the end of the line. While I live smack in the middle, I store the boat much closer to the dealer I got it from.

You don't have to take it to a particular dealer for service, and if the service dept turns you away because you didn't buy it there SC should whip them into shape as that's a big no no.

sleek98
07-15-2021, 03:24 PM
You don't have to take it to a particular dealer for service, and if the service dept turns you away because you didn't buy it there SC should whip them into shape as that's a big no no.

I don't think they would flat out not work on it, I think it was more of a your going to the end of the line and we will get to it when we can since there is not much money in warranty work without the profit from the sale of the boat. Luckily I have not had any issues where I need to have taken mine in yet, just had them do the normal 1st service then I hope they never have to see the boat again.

Prospersigman
07-15-2021, 04:24 PM
Exactly this...the people who bought their boat from the dealer are going to get priority service and you are going to go to the back of the line and that is just the way it is going to be.

I don't think they would flat out not work on it, I think it was more of a your going to the end of the line and we will get to it when we can since there is not much money in warranty work without the profit from the sale of the boat. Luckily I have not had any issues where I need to have taken mine in yet, just had them do the normal 1st service then I hope they never have to see the boat again.

uniwarking
07-16-2021, 03:39 PM
Ok. So, I've really made a decision here... finally. Thank you all for your input so far. I put in a deposit today on a 2022 Moomba Mojo. The dealer here in state has been great to work with so far and is providing a decent discount and reasonable prep fees. I have a rough build sheet that we can tweak as the build date nears and 2022 options are revealed. The even included ceramic coat and a few other perks. I did finally get a lead on a Supra SL but the dealer offered virtually no discount, hefty prep fees plus they are so far away that service would have been a problem. In the end, I think the 22 Mojo will meet our needs as we've been very happy with our '13 Mojo.

I may have some more option / aftermarket questions as more info as things move forward. Thanks again!

Now... I just need to enjoy what is left of the summer and get the '13 sold! Profile shot of the metal flake/intense green scheme below.

larry_arizona
07-16-2021, 03:53 PM
Ok. So, I've really made a decision here... finally. Thank you all for your input so far. I put in a deposit today on a 2022 Moomba Mojo. The dealer here in state has been great to work with so far and is providing a decent discount and reasonable prep fees. I have a rough build sheet that we can tweak as the build date nears and 2022 options are revealed. The even included ceramic coat and a few other perks. I did finally get a lead on a Supra SL but the dealer offered virtually no discount, hefty prep fees plus they are so far away that service would have been a problem. In the end, I think the 22 Mojo will meet our needs as we've been very happy with our '13 Mojo.

I may have some more option / aftermarket questions as more info as things move forward. Thanks again!

Now... I just need to enjoy what is left of the summer and get the '13 sold! Profile shot of the metal flake/intense green scheme below.

Congrats the new black/green flake and intense green is going to be popular this year.

uniwarking
07-16-2021, 03:57 PM
We've wanted the intense green & black since we bought our '13. That scheme was in all the advertisements. We bought ours from leftover dealer inventory so we didn't have that option last time around. It's funny as I'm reading other people post similar stories to mine.

uniwarking
07-18-2021, 11:49 AM
Torsion suspension is really nice and also allows you to use a tire ramp to change tires super easy.

18” are nitro 420s 255/55/18 XL’s, good tires.

They handle and track better than the 15’s

Heads up, starting this year, boatmate 15’s are the smallest tires I have ever seen on a trailer.

My 2018 Boatmate had 225/75/15 road kings, 2021 boatmate uses 205/75/15 road kings and they are pencil thin.

Yeah, my '13 Mojo has the 205's, 20575R14. I've been running D spec tires, first Kuhmo's and now the GoodYear Endurance. The stock tires didn't hold up well at all. I think I'll opt for the 18's but I'm not 100% sure yet. We do tow a lot.

I assume you meant Nitto tires. I was just checking the Nitto site and didn't see 420's on there anymore in anything smaller than 20"... however I do see 421Q's in 255/55R18 109V XL with a load rating of 2271 so I'm hoping that is what they're putting on the boatmate trailers now. These would have a better load/speed rating than even the 205 Goodyear Endurance tires.

Can anyone who has taken recent delivery of a Moomba with 18" wheels verify what tires are coming installed on them? Thanks!

https://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt420v-luxury-truck-suv-tire/
https://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt421q-premier-all-season-crossover-suv-tire/#pdp-intro

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 11:56 AM
Yes Nitto 420S 255/55/18 XL 2271 is what boatmate has used for years including 2021.

Perhaps the 420s are discontinued and replaced by the 420v?

uniwarking
07-18-2021, 11:58 AM
Yes Nitto 420S 255/55/18 XL 2271 is what boatmate has used for years including 2021.

Perhaps the 420s are discontinued and replaced by the 420v?

Fingers crossed, on paper they look like a superior tire.

haknslash
07-18-2021, 12:28 PM
I had 420’s on my truck....once. Maybe they’re ok for a trailer but they don’t last for crap as a DD tire on my F150. They were loud too which is an annoyance of mine in vehicles. Killer looking tread pattern though!

uniwarking
07-19-2021, 01:01 PM
Hey all... I have a couple more questions

1) What is the overall height of the mojo on the trailer? I assume there is some height difference between the A3 and Pro... I'm leaning Pro but just verifying things. Our building door is 12', when we built it I was assuming we were future proof for tower up storage but I wanted to see if either tower would be a problem here. I have read on here that the Pro does fold down lower but I'd prefer to just leave it up.

2) GPS Zero Off & Mapping - I'd initially ticked these assuming they have to be better than what I currently have with the 2013 Mojo & paddle wheel but I've read quite a few varying opinions. We tow a lot and run on both lakes and rivers. We surf, wakeboard, ski, tube, kneeboard and pleasure cruise... we use the cruise for all of this. The only time I really notice speed issues is when turning with a tube, assume this is because the paddle wheel is towards the left of the boat and not near enough to center. I'm sure the paddle wheel isn't 100% accurate especially with age. I'm really not sure these two options are worth the $1,200 price tag. The maps would be nice but we also have google maps on our phones. Thoughts here?

Thanks!

sleek98
07-19-2021, 03:25 PM
Hey all... I have a couple more questions

1) What is the overall height of the mojo on the trailer? I assume there is some height difference between the A3 and Pro... I'm leaning Pro but just verifying things. Our building door is 12', when we built it I was assuming we were future proof for tower up storage but I wanted to see if either tower would be a problem here. I have read on here that the Pro does fold down lower but I'd prefer to just leave it up.

Thanks!

I have 12' ceilings in my shop and the pro tower can be up with plenty of clearance. It just barely doesnt clear the door with the tower up and the door is a 10' door. I didnt upgrade the wheels or tires from the standards.

uniwarking
07-19-2021, 04:07 PM
I have 12' ceilings in my shop and the pro tower can be up with plenty of clearance. It just barely doesnt clear the door with the tower up and the door is a 10' door. I didnt upgrade the wheels or tires from the standards.

Thanks, appreciate the response. I figured I'd be fine regardless of options but wanted to be sure since this spec isn't listed on the website.

HFarr
07-19-2021, 06:13 PM
I can't comment on a paddle wheel, but I have the GPS maps and zero off. The zero off seems to work great and is easy to use. Having the maps available just by swiping is a nice easy feature to have too.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

WildH
07-20-2021, 10:31 AM
FYI - I checked with Poppycompany on the covers and received a response that they are no longer doing Moomba covers due to materials and staff.

sandm
07-20-2021, 10:47 AM
2) GPS Zero Off & Mapping - I'd initially ticked these assuming they have to be better than what I currently have with the 2013 Mojo & paddle wheel but I've read quite a few varying opinions. We tow a lot and run on both lakes and rivers. We surf, wakeboard, ski, tube, kneeboard and pleasure cruise... we use the cruise for all of this. The only time I really notice speed issues is when turning with a tube, assume this is because the paddle wheel is towards the left of the boat and not near enough to center. I'm sure the paddle wheel isn't 100% accurate especially with age. I'm really not sure these two options are worth the $1,200 price tag. The maps would be nice but we also have google maps on our phones. Thoughts here?

Thanks!

we have had both. paddlewheel boat was on a lake that sometimes struggled to keep gps signals from the canyons. glad we had wheel there. gps we used on both lake and river. lake was money. river we had to adjust the speedset. to hold 12.4 we had to bump it down by .4 and up by .4 whether going up or downstream. as the boat driver it was easy to remember. when i was getting tugged, it was hit or miss if the driver remembered. we all know that everyone else always gets the best pulls and as the owner, you typically don't :)

both have pros and cons. if on a lot of new lakes or vary boating regularly enough, I'd opt for maps for the convenience. if on primarily rivers, I'd spec the wheel.

larry_arizona
07-20-2021, 10:51 AM
Not to hijack, but the Supras have gps and paddle wheel, how does it know which one to use?

When I was on Norris lake, there were a couple times I lost GPS signal strength. When GPS is lost or weak signal, does it switch to paddle wheel?

uniwarking
07-20-2021, 11:02 AM
I'd assume Moomba has the wheel there even if the GPS option is available. I read about some of the old school systems having a "river mode" that would switch to paddle wheel versus GPS to get true over water speed. Is this something that you can select? I also assume this is built into the Moomba display and not it's own module?

sandm
07-20-2021, 11:41 AM
I've heard that they install paddlewheel but if you opt for gps the wheel is just "there" and not actually able to be used. no way the system would know which one to use unless gps signal is lost and it swaps but that would not do anything to fix gps on a moving river. all a guess that they install and don't use.

river mode was specific software that the old stargazer system back in the day used. that's old school and iirc it didn't last long.

larry_arizona
07-20-2021, 12:13 PM
I've heard that they install paddlewheel but if you opt for gps the wheel is just "there" and not actually able to be used. no way the system would know which one to use unless gps signal is lost and it swaps but that would not do anything to fix gps on a moving river. all a guess that they install and don't use.

river mode was specific software that the old stargazer system back in the day used. that's old school and iirc it didn't last long.

New Supras got rid of river mode

uniwarking
07-30-2021, 09:44 AM
Ok. So, my dealer requested an earlier build slot (from January) and now somehow he was able to land a slot in September. He also offered a very fair trade value so I’m feeling pretty good about that. Now the only problem is making decisions… and not knowing for sure what all the ‘22 changes will be or look like. And, it sounds as though I have very little time to make changes.

I believe chill tech is an option but only on dark graphite with a color welt (green in my case). I do like the idea of the chill tech but I am a little concerned about the single color and welt option as it feels like that will look a little bland… and I’m worried about the longevity if the tech is really just a coating. Here is the original interior I was looking at with dark/light/black/green combo.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210730/48333bbd07388a1c989a29d09e6bbf23.jpg

I think the flip up seats are a no brainer for us should they be available.

I also heard there may be an extended Bimini option but I’d really like to see it before I commit.

I think I’m going with the pro tower, zero off GPS and maps, 18” wheels and torsion axle… basically planning to select every available option at this time besides the electric/hydraulic brakes. We may not end up using the bins or filler cushion but who knows.

Im also still really torn on the triton racks due to visibility. I’m not sure I want bungee racks though either so I’m not sure what to do here.

I need to make some calls and see if I can get a custom cover in time or if I’ll need to end up buying a factory cover and custom.

Any feedback on the factory swim platform cover? I had evolution make one for my ‘13 and it’s great.

Thanks for all the continued advice!

HFarr
07-30-2021, 10:03 AM
Ok. So, my dealer requested an earlier build slot (from January) and now somehow he was able to land a slot in September. He also offered a very fair trade value so I’m feeling pretty good about that. Now the only problem is making decisions… and not knowing for sure what all the ‘22 changes will be or look like. And, it sounds as though I have very little time to make changes.

I believe chill tech is an option but only on dark graphite with a color welt (green in my case). I do like the idea of the chill tech but I am a little concerned about the single color and welt option as it feels like that will look a little bland… and I’m worried about the longevity if the tech is really just a coating. Here is the original interior I was looking at with dark/light/black/green combo.

I also heard there may be an extended Bimini option but I’d really like to see it before I commit.

I think I’m going with the pro tower, zero off GPS and maps, 18” wheels and torsion axle… basically planning to select every available option at this time besides the electric/hydraulic brakes. We may not end up using the bins or filler cushion but who knows.

Im also still really torn on the triton racks due to visibility. I’m not sure I want bungee racks though either so I’m not sure what to do here.

I need to make some calls and see if I can get a custom cover in time or if I’ll need to end up buying a factory cover and custom.

Any feedback on the factory swim platform cover? I had evolution make one for my ‘13 and it’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI bought a factory swim platform cover from my dealership after the fact, and to be honest am disappointed in it. It barely fits around the platform with the bungee perimeter cord, and has two buckle straps that secure it. One of the two straps is so short it will not even come close to buckling. At least 6 inches shorter than the other.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
07-30-2021, 10:15 AM
I bought a bungee only swim platform cover off the internet. It was fairly cheap at $89 or $99. It is holding up great being wet, stepped on with shoes, and trailering. IT doesn't flap in the wind and is super easy on/off. It was only available in black and my factory cover is gray, so that sucks.

If Evolution can build you both and have them delivered around the same time as you boat, I say go that route. They will match and be quality.

As far as racks....can you delete them completely and get a credit? I like the PTM or Skylock ones way more then the Tritons. However, I don't think you would have to always swing the boards in the boat since the Tritons store them vertically, and not sticking out.

Also, Chill tech is not a coating. It is a process included when the fabric is made.
SPRADLING FRESCO COOL TOUCH MARINE VINYL is the actual product. SC calls it Chill Tech and Natique calls it something else, etc.

larry_arizona
07-30-2021, 10:18 AM
Hopefully your dealer has samples of the dark graphite chill tech, it’s much lighter than what the builder indicates.

Builder shows it as nearly black and it’s more a medium Gray.

TXSurf4
07-30-2021, 10:24 AM

That is awesome news and exciting!!

Check all the boxes LOL.......... Seriously all of them.

For the Bimini Extender I believe when the Pro Edge Tower was on the Supras they might have had one but don't quote me on that. I am sure some of the other guys can verify that.

If you plan to add ballast skip the bins and save $700.

I love the Triton Racks but if you don't get them then skip the bungee racks and go after market with Skylon or PTM.

When we bought our 2019 they didn't offer a platform cover so I ordered one from Cory at Evolution and it is great.

I have both the factory cover and the Outer Armor and the Outer Armor is far superior.

eder10986
07-30-2021, 10:46 AM

I love my platform cover from evolution. Fabulous investment and looks great! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210730/f2f9a534ca3954db0b87f81314ff8ce8.jpg

eder10986
07-30-2021, 10:47 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210730/bf66754c7ffbc57f5c6961203277d955.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210730/f402053ddb96a96f7bfb1d0188b4d281.jpg

Marc Taylor
07-30-2021, 11:30 AM

I believe chill tech is an option but only on dark graphite with a color welt (green in my case). I do like the idea of the chill tech but I am a little concerned about the single color and welt option as it feels like that will look a little blandÂ… and IÂ’m worried about the longevity if the tech is really just a coating. Here is the original interior I was looking at with dark/light/black/green combo.

You are correct, single color and welt dark graphite will look bland! Larry is right, dark graphite color is totally different in person than web.
My 2017 orange/orange silver interior looks great lots of bling. My 2022 SA (dark graphite, light graphite interior, black accent) looks bland and needs some pop. I do believe I will like the chill Tech and thought my green deck would add some blink to interior but not so.

larry_arizona
07-30-2021, 11:33 AM
You are correct, single color and welt dark graphite will look bland! Larry is right, dark graphite color is totally different in person than web.
My 2017 orange/orange silver interior looks great lots of bling. My 2022 SA (dark graphite, light graphite interior, black accent) looks bland and needs some pop. I do believe I will like the chill Tech and thought my green deck would add some blink to interior but not so.

Any new gatorstep colors, A 3 color with green is needed.

Holdmybeer
07-30-2021, 11:57 AM
You getting thrusters on the Mojo? Is it an option yet?

Larry needs to meet his quota for the month!!

TXSurf4
07-30-2021, 12:34 PM
you getting thrusters on the mojo? Is it an option yet?

Larry needs to meet his quota for the month!!

LMAO! True story, it is the end of the month.

larry_arizona
07-30-2021, 12:40 PM
LMAO! True story, it is the end of the month.

TH……, I just can’t do it [emoji23]

MJHSupra
07-30-2021, 02:31 PM
I love my platform cover from evolution. Fabulous investment and looks great! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210730/f2f9a534ca3954db0b87f81314ff8ce8.jpg

I have the same one from the same vendor. Good stuff.

uniwarking
07-30-2021, 03:05 PM
I haven’t heard anything about the thrusters or multicolor gator step as options. Still pretty light on details… hope that all changes in a few days.

I’ll call Corey at Evolution and Poppy Covers, I’m not sure if either has a pattern of the ‘21+ Mojo with the pro tower. It’s pretty short notice, I’d be surprised if they could turn it around by the time I needed it but we’ll see!

Thanks all!

uniwarking
07-30-2021, 03:37 PM
Just curious, assume the chill tech vinyl may have some other benefits besides being cool to the touch. I have to imagine if Supra and the other tier 1 manufactures are using it then it must be solid stuff. I imagine that the base vinyl is also much improved compared to what is on our ‘13 as well. I’m really torn here… I’m leaning towards the standard interior and the wife really wants the chill tech.

larry_arizona
07-30-2021, 04:20 PM
Chill tech/Fresco is a very nice vinyl, soft and durable, flat matte finish that doesn’t seem to Mar our scuff easily.

Initially I preferred the look of the Supra vinyls from 2018 better due to the contrasting textures.

However, CT and the way Supra styles their interiors are much more Automotive like, and give it an upscale/refined look with “less is more”.

$5 dollah

sandm
07-30-2021, 04:27 PM
$5 dollah

only thrusters larry :)

larry_arizona
07-30-2021, 04:39 PM
only thrusters larry :)

I feel like part of the Supra marketing team……

uniwarking
07-30-2021, 10:43 PM
Chill tech/Fresco is a very nice vinyl, soft and durable, flat matte finish that doesn’t seem to Mar our scuff easily.

Initially I preferred the look of the Supra vinyls from 2018 better due to the contrasting textures.

However, CT and the way Supra styles their interiors are much more Automotive like, and give it an upscale/refined look with “less is more”.

$5 dollah

That’s maybe what I’m worried about here with Moomba versus Supra… is the stitching and such going to change to dress up the monochromatic scheme? I just can’t make a call until I see it. Seems odd to me that building of these has already started and even the basic marketing release info comes a month later. It is what it is but this makes things difficult for the first few months of builds.

uniwarking
07-31-2021, 07:44 PM
We’ll, I had to “lock in” my order today as it turns out. I went with the swivel Tritons, hopefully they work out otherwise I’ll look at some others down the road. I did select some of the unconfirmed upgrades as well. I’m excited for the marketing releases and hoping I made the right choices. Expensive boat at the end of the day… probably within 20%~25% of a loaded SL.

Evolution doesn’t yet have the pattern and he’s a year out on covers. I have a message out to Poppy Covers as well… I have to roll with the factory cover for now.

larry_arizona
08-01-2021, 08:46 AM
We’ll, I had to “lock in” my order today as it turns out. I went with the swivel Tritons, hopefully they work out otherwise I’ll look at some others down the road. I did select some of the unconfirmed upgrades as well. I’m excited for the marketing releases and hoping I made the right choices. Expensive boat at the end of the day… probably within 20%~25% of a loaded SL.

Evolution doesn’t yet have the pattern and he’s a year out on covers. I have a message out to Poppy Covers as well… I have to roll with the factory cover for now.

Congrats, you must be stoked

uniwarking
08-01-2021, 09:57 AM
Congrats, you must be stoked

Yes, we sure are! Our 2013 has been awesome, great memories. Time for some new ones!

uniwarking
08-02-2021, 01:04 PM
Well, strike 2 on boat covers. I called Terri at Poppy Covers, sounds like they've lost access to SC to do fit ups and they can't get enough material to do one off jobs so they're not doing Moomba boats anymore. Sounds like Covid is the primary driver here.

I do have the factory cover and swim platform cover selected but was hoping to get into a more towable type. With Evolution at least a year out and Poppy / Outer Armor out of the picture... what other options are people aware of? I have a couple local shops around me but they do more snap on type covers or covers that strap to the trailer which I really don't want.

larry_arizona
08-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Well, strike 2 on boat covers. I called Terri at Poppy Covers, sounds like they've lost access to SC to do fit ups and they can't get enough material to do one off jobs so they're not doing Moomba boats anymore. Sounds like Covid is the primary driver here.

I do have the factory cover and swim platform cover selected but was hoping to get into a more towable type. With Evolution at least a year out and Poppy / Outer Armor out of the picture... what other options are people aware of? I have a couple local shops around me but they do more snap on type covers or covers that strap to the trailer which I really don't want.

Kinda baffles me why SC doesn’t offer an outerarmor for Moomba’s when the cover options are nearly identical in cost as a Supra.

Holdmybeer
08-02-2021, 01:14 PM
You could try SewLong. I believe they make the bimini tops for SC along with other manufacturers.

Other than that, you have the factory ones coming....but Larry is right, why not offer the Supra material to Moomba.

FYI, I tow with my 2015 factory cover all the time. Used it to go to Norris a couple weeks ago. I wrapped the rub-rail to prevent any cover flap damage and I removed the poles, and tighten the rope to the tower. It sucks to the windshield real well and even going through rain it didn't puddle in the bow or cabin while towing.

uniwarking
08-02-2021, 04:54 PM

$5 dollah

So, after doing a little looking. I assume that "Dark Graphite" will be the color Spradling calls "Anthracite." This falls between their Black and Light Graphite. If so, I'm thinking the Anthracite plus intense green welt could look pretty sweet together, especially with the accent/interior gel being intense green. Hopefully this chill tech rumor turns out to be true!

uniwarking
08-03-2021, 12:27 AM
Just got word that one of the fancy features for '22 I was super excited about, and had selected as part of my build, is now not being offered anymore. Bummer. I won't spoil it, sure it will come to light tomorrow.

Holdmybeer
08-03-2021, 07:08 AM
It's tomorrow.....spill it man!!!
Flip up seats?

haknslash
08-03-2021, 07:28 AM
So, after doing a little looking. I assume that "Dark Graphite" will be the color Spradling calls "Anthracite." This falls between their Black and Light Graphite. If so, I'm thinking the Anthracite plus intense green welt could look pretty sweet together, especially with the accent/interior gel being intense green. Hopefully this chill tech rumor turns out to be true!

Is Spradling who SC used for their fabric? I know that is who Centurion uses but wasn’t sure if they provide to other brands as well. Centurion claims their hex vinyl stays cool as well so wondering if chill tech fabric is basically the same without the hex design?

Holdmybeer
08-03-2021, 07:33 AM
Is Spradling who SC used for their fabric? I know that is who Centurion uses but wasn’t sure if they provide to other brands as well. Centurion claims their hex vinyl stays cool as well so wondering if chill tech fabric is basically the same without the hex design?

You are correct sir. Same thing, different pattern, same company provides both.

uniwarking
08-03-2021, 07:44 AM
It's tomorrow.....spill it man!!!
Flip up seats?

Yes sadly. Apparently no longer being offered, may offer later :(

Holdmybeer
08-03-2021, 08:14 AM
Yes sadly. Apparently no longer being offered, may offer later :(

That sucks. That is the 1 feature my family would use the most. Having younger kids and their friends that is a consistent hangout spot on our boat. Added with Chill Tech so you don't burn you backside.

uniwarking
08-04-2021, 09:51 AM
Hey guys, does anyone have a photo or can otherwise tell me where the sliding bench optional backrest goes on the Mojo for storage? I saw on one of the new videos that the Makai had one stowed under the bench. I'm assuming this is the same on the Mojo but I guess I've never really seen it. Hoping so, would be a pain to have this stowed elsewhere. Thanks!

TXSurf4
08-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Hey guys, does anyone have a photo or can otherwise tell me where the sliding bench optional backrest goes on the Mojo for storage? I saw on one of the new videos that the Makai had one stowed under the bench. I'm assuming this is the same on the Mojo but I guess I've never really seen it. Hoping so, would be a pain to have this stowed elsewhere. Thanks!

I am sure it is stored just like on the Makai.

uniwarking
08-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Sound deadening on fuel cell option is $370... worth it? Sounds like v-drive cover is in base.

Mobius22
08-04-2021, 12:53 PM

Stored under the seat, like the Makai

TXSurf4
08-04-2021, 12:56 PM
Sound deadening on fuel cell option is $370... worth it? Sounds like v-drive cover is in base.

Haven't done any sound deadening on mine so I can't say if it is worth it in the sense of it making a difference. Now as far as cost of materials and time to do it I think $370 is a reasonable cost from the factory.

Holdmybeer
08-04-2021, 01:14 PM
Haven't done any sound deadening on mine so I can't say if it is worth it in the sense of it making a difference. Now as far as cost of materials and time to do it I think $370 is a reasonable cost from the factory.

+1 on this statement. Cost of material is under $100 but what is your time worth?

uniwarking
08-05-2021, 05:47 PM
So... I started looking more at props today as I'm looking at options for my spare. I actually took the time to look over the specs and not just the description on the builder and I'm also reading back through the comments. I'm very confused as I thought the "surf" prop everyone is saying to get is what the builder shows as the "surf/speed" prop. I have a similar post on another thread but I wanted to come back to this thread as I'm reading some contradicting comments.

Available options from the factory:
"General Use" - OJ 15.5"x16.5"
"Surf/Speed" - OJ 15.5" x 18" +$200
"Altitude/Wake" - OJ 15.5 x 15" +$200

Maybe my logic is flawed but it feels like the better prop for low end stuff like surfing would be a smaller pitch like the "Altitude/Wake" prop. I currently have the "Speed/Surf" prop on my build and I'm thinking this is probably as far off from where I want to be as I can get... I should probably have the "general use" or "altitude/wake." Maybe there is something specific about the torque curve or engine efficiency that I don't understand but this just feels off.

Holdmybeer
08-05-2021, 06:17 PM
Buy the wake prop.
When you loaded it up add ballast/lead/12 people you will want the 15.5x15. With the 1.76 Trans you will be similar to a 15x13 with a 1.5 trans.

TXSurf4
08-05-2021, 08:01 PM
So... I started looking more at props today as I'm looking at options for my spare. I actually took the time to look over the specs and not just the description on the builder and I'm also reading back through the comments. I'm very confused as I thought the "surf" prop everyone is saying to get is what the builder shows as the "surf/speed" prop. I have a similar post on another thread but I wanted to come back to this thread as I'm reading some contradicting comments.

Available options from the factory:
"General Use" - OJ 15.5"x16.5"
"Surf/Speed" - OJ 15.5" x 18" +$200
"Altitude/Wake" - OJ 15.5 x 15" +$200

Maybe my logic is flawed but it feels like the better prop for low end stuff like surfing would be a smaller pitch like the "Altitude/Wake" prop. I currently have the "Speed/Surf" prop on my build and I'm thinking this is probably as far off from where I want to be as I can get... I should probably have the "general use" or "altitude/wake." Maybe there is something specific about the torque curve or engine efficiency that I don't understand but this just feels off.

Here is my response to your post on the other thread -

From a person I know that has run the 15.5 x 18 and surfs heavy (1700 in lead & 4700 water ballast plus 5 adults) he says it struggles to hold speed. I have the 450 on my boat with the 15.5x16.5 and have been at full ballast+1k in lead and 10 adults and have had no problems with this set up at surf speed. The 450 with that prop just eats!! It feels like I can just throw more weight at it and it won't care. Runs low in the RPMs as well compared to what I have heard others running.

I have an ACME 2847 (15.5x15x.075 cup) as a spare but have not put it on yet so I can't tell you how it does. ACME also has a 3829 (15.5x14.5x.105cup) which I am told is a Moomba version of the Supra's 16x13.9 I wanted to get it but didn't have the time to wait to get one as they are back ordered and I wanted the spare on hand for a family reunion we had at our lake house. I will probably pick one up over the winter to try out in the spring.

With my set up last weekend (ballast empty, 1K in lead, 4 adults and 4 kids under the age of 3) I hit "Go Home Leveling" and got up to 37 MPH on our way back home.

Just for informational purposes our lake is 315' of elevation.

uniwarking
08-05-2021, 09:33 PM
Thanks all! I requested that my selection be changed to the general use 16.5" pitch. I'll need to get a spare anyway so we'll see how it goes, I can always pick up the 15" pitch or another size from ACME. Glad I caught this, feel like I would have been very disappointed.

TXSurf4
08-05-2021, 11:17 PM
Thanks all! I requested that my selection be changed to the general use 16.5" pitch. I'll need to get a spare anyway so we'll see how it goes, I can always pick up the 15" pitch or another size from ACME. Glad I caught this, feel like I would have been very disappointed.

There you go. Ya that might have been a bummer. You will love the 450 and in the Mojo it is a beast. When is your build date?

uniwarking
08-06-2021, 12:53 AM
September is all I know… just hoping to get the break in hours done so w we’re all set for next season.

TXSurf4
08-06-2021, 09:25 AM
September is all I know… just hoping to get the break in hours done so w we’re all set for next season.

O sweet! Ya we knocked ours out in a single 3 day weekend. Picked the boat up on a Friday morning did half the break in that day, the other half on Saturday and had 18 hours on it by the end of the day Sunday. We dropped it back off at the dealer that Tuesday for the first service LOL. For us the break in was a ton of fun as it is great time to learn a lot about the boat. If I get time I will throw my 2847 on the boat and let you know how it does.

jderb
09-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Before I got banned on facebook earlier I had thoughts of selling mine and ordering a 22.. This time around I would probably go makai because why not however if going mojo again

1. A3 tower with Sewlong Bimini not factory.
My factory Bimini is actually already trashed lol

Do you know which Sewlong Bimini fits the Mojo? I don't see one for a Moomba tower on their website. There's a universal FCT v2 shown on their website, but I can't find it in the "store" portion of their site. We're about ready to buy our first boat, and the Moomba is my top choice so far, except I just can't get past how small the bimini is. I really want to find an aftermarket option that is larger, or else this may be a deal-breaker for my family.

uniwarking
09-24-2021, 06:38 PM
So it looks like our Mojo will start production on Monday 9/27. My brother and I will be flying down to do the tour of SC and BoatMate and spend a few days in Nashville. The 2013 Mojo just sold yesterday... I'm already missing it but super excited about the '22. Hopefully we can get a few hours on it before winter!

larry_arizona
09-24-2021, 06:40 PM
So it looks like our Mojo will start production on Monday 9/27. My brother and I will be flying down to do the tour of SC and BoatMate and spend a few days in Nashville. The 2013 Mojo just sold yesterday... I'm already missing it but super excited about the '22. Hopefully we can get a few hours on it before winter!

Congrats, the SC tour is cool.

uniwarking
10-12-2021, 04:27 PM
Well. I had a great factory tour a couple weeks ago and had a chance to see our boat heading off to lake test. We also took the opportunity to tour Boat Mate as it was right next door. Great opportunities I'd recommend to anyone. I also just got a call and some photos from our dealer as the boat has just arrived! Hoping to get a few hours on her before the cold sets in.

:)

larry_arizona
10-12-2021, 04:35 PM
Well. I had a great factory tour a couple weeks ago and had a chance to see our boat heading off to lake test. We also took the opportunity to tour Boat Mate as it was right next door. Great opportunities I'd recommend to anyone. I also just got a call and some photos from our dealer as the boat has just arrived! Hoping to get a few hours on her before the cold sets in.

Hell yeah, congrats, now go get her wet.

Tommy2slow
10-12-2021, 09:07 PM

Beautiful boat! Looks like you chose lots of nice options. Pro tower, surf pipe, flow 3.0, 18” wheels, trailer transom steps….my hands are getting tired from typing lol!

Holdmybeer
10-13-2021, 09:17 AM
Most importantly though....Chill Tech (or whatever Moomba calls it) looks good. I like the solid color with offset piping.

Good looking boat. Get that thing on the water!

TXSurf4
10-13-2021, 10:33 AM

Awesome looking boat!! Congrats!!