PDA

View Full Version : Wake Plate Problems

Boat Dog
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
The wake plate on my 07 Outback V isn't functioning at all. There seems to be plenty of hydraulic fluid in the reservoir, and I can hear clicking from a relay or something near the pump when I move the trim adjuster, but no noise from the pump. Is there a reset somewhere? Anyone have any ideas?

JD

Pike
04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
The wake plate on my 07 Outback V isn't functioning at all. There seems to be plenty of hydraulic fluid in the reservoir, and I can hear clicking from a relay or something near the pump when I move the trim adjuster, but no noise from the pump. Is there a reset somewhere? Anyone have any ideas?

JD

I'd say take it in to the dealer asap. The reason I say that is because I took out my new 07 XLV for the 2nd time when my wakeplate was malfunctioning. I didn't think much of it untill I came home to smoke billowing out of the cover due to a faulty wire that controlled the wake plate. Lucky for me I was able to disconnect the battery before the fire started. Under warrenty the dealer just replaced my wake plate.

Hope this helps