PDA

View Full Version : 22 Xstar-S

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 10:40 AM
For an all new flagship model, it feels like MC is just catching up with features Supra and others already debuted 1-3 years ago.

Tower options look improved, copied the thruster twist knob feature, Bimini looks smallish, not sure on the transom seating, still using klipsh crap audio, that windshield curve although different looks odd, MC seems behind on their flooring options still. Nothing wows me about this boat.

Correct me if I am wrong but the MSRP will be 225k?

Supra just seems to get it right at the right price point.

https://youtu.be/5U_2hOSrXqs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Apparent the “S” stands for seats......LOL

Also, first year that MC has offered a surf pipe.

Perhaps Dock star couldn’t cut it and a $12k thruster option was added.

Holdmybeer
07-09-2021, 11:05 AM
I thought DockStar was the award-winning drive system???? Guess the added rudders are just more to leak or break off when you hit something. $12k for thrusters is a bit much.

The surf system was/is designed my Malibu so not really their system. And looks similar to everyone else.

I like the windshield. It will suck if you are a tint guy, but its different. The foot rest on the rear are where it is at though. I sat in the Supra lounge seats and thought they needs foot rest. $225K would be hard to swallow for this though.

TXSurf4
07-09-2021, 11:18 AM
From the company that needs even more models of boats.....!!! LOL Ya I am not sure about all of this transom seating...those of you guys that opted for it do you find it was worth the $?

I couldn't agree with you more Larry. They are way behind the curve when it comes to the options, tech, and luxury. To me their Tower and Bimini are still the worst looking in the industry.

Supras are just the right amount of everything in an awesome package! That is why I hope they don't get crazy expensive like Malibus, Nautics, and MasterCrafts have these days.

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Sounds like that curved windshield is not available on the 2022’s. There are supply issues.

Holdmybeer
07-09-2021, 11:52 AM
From the company that needs even more models of boats.....!!! LOL Ya I am not sure about all of this transom seating...those of you guys that opted for it do you find it was worth the $?

I couldn't agree with you more Larry. They are way behind the curve when it comes to the options, tech, and luxury. To me their Tower and Bimini are still the worst looking in the industry.

Supras are just the right amount of everything in an awesome package! That is why I hope they don't get crazy expensive like Malibus, Nautics, and MasterCrafts have these days.

I agree with you about the Supra brand. They are still being price point luxury boats with consistent innovation. I like how after 2-3 years they trickle down to the Moomba brand also.

If they stay the course, SC will be the dominate wake boat on the water.

I also like the MB Sports boats but being mid-west/east coast there are zero dealers for me to get excited about them. The local-ish Centurion dealer could see my business in a few years but they are climbing in price just like the others.

russellsmojo
07-09-2021, 12:11 PM
That video literally put me to sleep. So many big words that didn’t mean shit.

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Autowake and swell surf has been out for years and star surf kinda just caught up too.

2in2out
07-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Nothing new to see here. Move along!

Currently boatless

zabooda
07-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Hope all the boat companies are respecting each other patents. Price wise, I think they are. Lol.

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 04:12 PM
Hope all the boat companies are respecting each other patents. Price wise, I think they are. Lol.

Curious who owns the twist throttle thruster patent.

Josh828
07-09-2021, 04:22 PM
Very weak for a X star... I wish they would come back out with the X80 all 28' of yacht haha

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 04:59 PM
Mixed reviews on team talk.

S is surf specific, still have regular x star.

Still cool seeing the competitors 22’s

Nautiques new towers are nice and the telescope paragon tower is available on the regular G23.

Wasn’t intending to bust mastercraft’s balls, but Supra is still killing it.

sandm
07-09-2021, 06:48 PM
sure it's a nice boat and looking at it without brand googles on there are some things to like about it and some not so much like ANY boat but......

couldn't stop seeing that guys HUGE wedding ring. kinda stood out against his outfit.
interesting that half the surf shots are riding foil boards. seems odd as that's not the surfboard I would use to tout a "new" model.
as mentioned by russell, LOTS of odd words to describe the boat/finishes/tech.

can't say much about the boat until seeing/riding one in person as marketing is going to make it seem like the cats pajamas BUT if it's truly 200k, there are a LOT of options for less coin from tige/supra/centurion/nautty that imo I'd rather shop but they will sell some of them for sure...
they haven't been in business as long as the rest by producing duds.

Yzfguy06
07-09-2021, 07:25 PM
I think its a ugly boat imo... the lines look kind of like a MB. The color of that one is ugly. The thruster knob looks cheap. Supra did such a better job.

MJHSupra
07-10-2021, 12:18 PM
I've always liked the X. Wakeboarding in the past. I like the new back seats. Have not been on one of the newer models in the last few years.

Looks like they are they to make some moves to get some of the customers back from the Gs.

Was on an X22 last summer. Solid wave. Never been on the X24. I do think it's odd on the subject of how many models they have, but it works for them. They know that buyers are looking for refreshed models.

Yea, they are playing catch up on some stuff. But how many boat makers are willing to stick their neck out on trying all the "new innovations"? Nautique?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

DDD123
07-13-2021, 09:44 PM
I agree that the Supra is the right price point for looks and features. Centurion is a close second but I hated the color schemes and look of the body, it was very antiquated and no matter what I did I couldn't get a color scheme to look clean or aggressive.

SONIC
07-14-2021, 09:06 AM
I just cant get behind the hull shape on the new Mastercrafts. (or the new MB) Just straight up ugly lines IMO.

I do like the rear seats though those are pretty boss, I'd love to have them on my SA. I also like the aluminum surround on the dash screen, it takes away some screen space but looks a little more traditional than my supra starship dash. That steering wheel is hideous though.

MC's new actuators with the position sensors are very nice, I assume they are using the same Parker actuators as Tige which makes the wave 100% repeatable, unlike Supra/Moomba who is still using lencos with no sensors. The Xstar wave is no joke, debatably better than any of the supra waves out of the box.

I'm not really brand loyal I love my supra but also like most other brands. When I was shopping I climbed around a 21 Xstar and it is a very nice boat very clean and well executed interior with a different styling than supra. I think MC and Nautique lean more toward traditional high end interiors with superior materials, stitching and quality where supra tige and malibu are aiming more for an impressive visual impact, to each their own. I love my SA interior but it doesn't have the same classy feel of a G23 IMO.

mjb929rr
07-14-2021, 09:54 AM
I just cant get behind the hull shape on the new Mastercrafts. (or the new MB) Just straight up ugly lines IMO.

I do like the rear seats though those are pretty boss, I'd love to have them on my SA. I also like the aluminum surround on the dash screen, it takes away some screen space but looks a little more traditional than my supra starship dash. That steering wheel is hideous though.

MC's new actuators with the position sensors are very nice, I assume they are using the same Parker actuators as Tige which makes the wave 100% repeatable, unlike Supra/Moomba who is still using lencos with no sensors. The Xstar wave is no joke, debatably better than any of the supra waves out of the box.

I'm not really brand loyal I love my supra but also like most other brands. When I was shopping I climbed around a 21 Xstar and it is a very nice boat very clean and well executed interior with a different styling than supra. I think MC and Nautique lean more toward traditional high end interiors with superior materials, stitching and quality where supra tige and malibu are aiming more for an impressive visual impact, to each their own. I love my SA interior but it doesn't have the same classy feel of a G23 IMO.

I feel like the comparison between mc/Nautique and Supra to be very similar to my wife’s car and mine. She has a 21 Mercedes gls, very nice classy interior. I have a 20 GMC Sierra Denali, nice interior but not quite up to the Mercedes in quality. However we both Agree that the truck is much more comfy to drive and for a road trip.

SONIC
07-14-2021, 10:38 AM
I feel like the comparison between mc/Nautique and Supra to be very similar to my wife’s car and mine. She has a 21 Mercedes gls, very nice classy interior. I have a 20 GMC Sierra Denali, nice interior but not quite up to the Mercedes in quality. However we both Agree that the truck is much more comfy to drive and for a road trip.

Dead on. The truck probably has more amenities and features too just not as well executed overall as the Benz.

@larry_arizona have you heard the klipsch system? I haven't but all my home audio is Klipsch and it's miles ahead of any boat system. (granted apples to bananas here but still)
I have no idea if they went cheap with the boat stuff or not, a lot of their modern stuff is just so-so but from my past experience I would expect it to be quite good.

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 10:44 AM
Dead on. The truck probably has more amenities and features too just not as well executed overall as the Benz.

@larry_arizona have you heard the klipsch system? I haven't but all my home audio is Klipsch and it's miles ahead of any boat system. (granted apples to bananas here but still)
I have no idea if they went cheap with the boat stuff or not, a lot of their modern stuff is just so-so but from my past experience I would expect it to be quite good.

I have not heard the marine line at all, I just know MC owners hate them on team talk and can’t wait for the 5 year contract to end.

SONIC
07-14-2021, 10:53 AM
I have not heard the marine line at all, I just know MC owners hate them on team talk and can’t wait for the 5 year contract to end.

Interesting. I need to find a MC to listen to

sandm
07-14-2021, 11:03 AM
used to sell klipsch many years ago. their higher end stuff at "real" stereo shops or magnolia is very good. their entry/mid stuff is not so much- such as what best buy sells. I would suspect thats what has influenced their boat offerings. interestingly they are looking to make a big push into automotive audio and have partnered with panasonic. not the brand I think of when I think car audio....

klipsch of all companies should be ripe for plucking business from other boat offerings. everyone wants hlcd's for their towers. most would agree that the old 70's klipsch horns are nothing short of amazing so the company has the history and "brand awareness" to pull it off. wonder where the derail happened.

SONIC
07-14-2021, 11:05 AM

After a quick perusal of teamtalk it seems like Klipsch woefully underpowered the system. Not surprising as they tend to do the same with their home stuff.
They are of the mindset that more sensitive speakers don't need as much power, which is true, but more sensitive speakers with more power is even better IMO.
I run 200+ watts into each of my klipsh speakers that should only "need" 30 or 40 watts and the difference is amazing.
Looks like they missed the mark here unfortunately. Review of the actual components is much better.

On the plus side that probably means we'll see some cheap klipsch speakers up for sale in the next few years that just need a more powerful amp to sound great :D

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 11:06 AM
I think audiovox owns klipsch now.

It feels like what happened to Polk audio.

SONIC
07-14-2021, 11:07 AM
used to sell klipsch many years ago. their higher end stuff at "real" stereo shops or magnolia is very good. their entry/mid stuff is not so much- such as what best buy sells. I would suspect thats what has influenced their boat offerings. interestingly they are looking to make a big push into automotive audio and have partnered with panasonic. not the brand I think of when I think car audio....

klipsch of all companies should be ripe for plucking business from other boat offerings. everyone wants hlcd's for their towers. most would agree that the old 70's klipsch horns are nothing short of amazing so the company has the history and "brand awareness" to pull it off. wonder where the derail happened.

Agreed, best buy or amazon klipsch is barely mid-fi, they have cheapened the brand a lot in the past 10 years or so since audiovox took over it seems.

sandm
07-14-2021, 12:27 PM
It feels like what happened to Polk audio.

it's happening everywhere. I bought a set of def techs when I got divorced back in '09. GARBAGE. they used to be a solid brand.
back in the mid90's I went to a polk training class and allowed me a buy a set of rt-3000p's with matching centers and ls/fx rears. they were AMAZING but got tired of moving them and ex hated them. I now have rt110's for mains and they are OK. not great and a far cry from the rt's of the day.
will be interesting to see how the mm6502 separates sound we are installing in the 'maro this winter.

the older I get the deaf-er I get so I suppose it's all good :)

Jason1975
07-14-2021, 02:55 PM
They still make the ugliest tower in the business. But finally you can put some color on it. but still ugly.

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 02:57 PM
They still make the ugliest tower in the business. But finally you can put some color on it. but still ugly.

Yessir, I could not agree more. Worst looking in the industry, reminds me of the old school chrome pipe towers of the 90’s

Jason1975
07-15-2021, 10:22 AM
I do like that they fold backwards instead of into the drivers seat, but like others have said, MC is just lagging behind in some areas. tower, stereo, and quite frankly the seats are not all the comfortable and quite stiff. Another thing i noticed was the latches for lowering the tower came into the seating area and you couldn't sit by them unless you wanted to bang the back of your head on them.

larry_arizona
07-15-2021, 10:24 AM
I do like that they fold backwards instead of into the drivers seat, but like others have said, MC is just lagging behind in some areas. tower, stereo, and quite frankly the seats are not all the comfortable and quite stiff. Another thing i noticed was the latches for lowering the tower came into the seating area and you couldn't sit by them unless you wanted to bang the back of your head on them.

I have mixed feelings on tower folding forward or backwards.

Plus and minus to both directions.

Josh828
07-15-2021, 05:17 PM
So not to thread derail but I will not start a thread about a heyday so, have y'all seen the heyday H22?!

https://www.onlyinboards.com/App_Themes/OIB/BoatPhoto/2021/7/21205222.jpeg

https://www.onlyinboards.com/App_Themes/OIB/BoatPhoto/2021/7/21205223.jpeg

https://www.onlyinboards.com/App_Themes/OIB/BoatPhoto/2021/7/21205224.jpeg

larry_arizona
07-15-2021, 05:19 PM
The H22 finally looks like a real wakeboat, but still no surf system.

Heck, they even signed Mike Dowdy.

SONIC
07-15-2021, 05:29 PM
What's the price point on it?

larry_arizona
07-15-2021, 05:31 PM
MSRP $75k and gets in the mid $90’s.

It’s still a bayliner.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210715/956abcb6943fcddca64ba5e362d179c9.jpg

HFarr
07-15-2021, 06:07 PM
That same color was on our lake last weekend. I have to say it looks much better than the older models, but I still think the front end is ugly when viewed straight on.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Zog
07-15-2021, 06:09 PM
I wonder if those back seats are still considered legal for riding like the hot tub seats were.

Somehow this boat showed up on my FB feed and I was surprised to learn there is a very passionate Heyday community out there, though they do like to complain about upholstery.

HFarr
07-15-2021, 06:11 PM
I had same thoughts on the rear seats. They look like they are designed with a footrest and a rail in front of them, or behind them however you view it.

sandm
07-15-2021, 07:40 PM
buyers all day long at a 50-60k pricepoint. at 90k, they will still sell a few with the lack of wakeboats available but in a normal market I don't see that being a 90k boat much less a 75k boat.

Larry, what do you mean no surf system. can you not see the mission surf bag on the seats for the wakeshaper?? :) it does say surf system so wonder what that is.

that looks to be, hands down, the easiest v-drive to change an impeller in. if that hatch does fold over and expose the entire engine.
first mod- turning the front light bar into a "knight rider" flashing light :) don't laugh- someone will try eventually.......

HFarr
07-15-2021, 07:52 PM
Actually the Heyday I saw must have not been this model. This one appears to have a better looking front shape.

Holdmybeer
07-15-2021, 08:13 PM
Why is the swim platform 1ft out of the water?
Also, if it has the Bayliner drive by wire system, NO WAY IN HELL wouldn't buy it.
Friend of mine had a vr6 i/o, throttle wouldn't go to neutral. Stuck at 10mph straight into the dock at the marina. Wife went to the hospital boat was fixed completely by Bayliner and traded in the same day he got it back.

Josh828
07-15-2021, 08:35 PM
buyers all day long at a 50-60k pricepoint. at 90k, they will still sell a few with the lack of wakeboats available but in a normal market I don't see that being a 90k boat much less a 75k boat.

Larry, what do you mean no surf system. can you not see the mission surf bag on the seats for the wakeshaper?? :) it does say surf system so wonder what that is.

that looks to be, hands down, the easiest v-drive to change an impeller in. if that hatch does fold over and expose the entire engine.
first mod- turning the front light bar into a "knight rider" flashing light :) don't laugh- someone will try eventually.......

The entire surf system is like a $300 option! Not sure why sc charges so much haha

haknslash
07-16-2021, 07:17 AM
While that Heyday does look better than their other models, the side profile makes it look broken. Like someone picked it up and tried to break its back over their knee. I don’t like the rear “dip” body line trend that is going around (MB Alpha, MC, Malibu with their latest boat etc).

larry_arizona
07-16-2021, 08:16 AM
While that Heyday does look better than their other models, the side profile makes it look broken. Like someone picked it up and tried to break its back over their knee. I don’t like the rear “dip” body line trend that is going around (MB Alpha, MC, Malibu with their latest boat etc).

Yes!!! They have a droopy ass.

Josh828
07-16-2021, 09:06 AM
Glad no one likes the droop
Gotta admit if that heyday was still 60k I might have looked at it harder however although they might be stepping up I think its way over priced now

larry_arizona
07-16-2021, 09:07 AM
$75k is the new $60k

Still the cheapest entry level. I saw an interview with Dowdy and heyday makes sense for his Wake U business.

It’s all about getting people into the tow sports.

Bay liner has always been the entry level and odds are entry level will graduate to higher end boats, so it’s good for the industry.

SONIC
07-16-2021, 09:29 AM
I'm all for it.
As entry level brands (moomba, axis, mb, supreme etc) have stepped up their game and left the entry level price points behind there's a big gap to fill IMO.
I imagine we'll see another brand or two pop into the space in the next few years.

If heyday would hire someone with a decent eye for design to design their next mold they would be killing it.
Every boat they have built is ugly (and not just to me, the whole internet jokes about how ugly they are) you'd think they would take the hint and fix the problem.
This new one is a step in the right direction but still ugly. It doesn't cost more to make a boat with decent lines.

Jason1975
07-16-2021, 12:07 PM
Far better looking than the old style i must say, but at 75k? what??? That's the sweet spot for budget wake boats, real ones like moomba, supreme, axis etc.... no way would i buy a bayliner of a moomba for the same cost.

larry_arizona
07-16-2021, 12:08 PM
Far better looking than the old style i must say, but at 75k? what??? That's the sweet spot for budget wake boats, real ones like moomba, supreme, axis etc.... no way would i buy a bayliner of a moomba for the same cost.

Let’s see what the 2022 Moomba MSRP’s are first, sounds like most will be higher than $75k

sandm
07-16-2021, 12:54 PM
at 75k? what??? That's the sweet spot for budget wake boats, real ones like moomba, supreme, axis etc....

good luck finding ANY new wakeboat at 75k. only boats coming in under 90k in 2022 will be modestly optioned 20ft'ers from axis/moomba/atx imo.
my gut says even a decently optioned max will be 90+ and that is/was still the best value in the industry....

Holdmybeer
07-16-2021, 12:56 PM
If 14% is across the board on 2022 markup, the closest competitor from Moomba to that Heyday will be a Max.
Heyday - $89k optioned
Moomba Max with 14% increase - $99K

Now this still isn't apples to apples as Moomba offers autowake, more ballast, better stereo, etc. Making the added $10k much easier to swallow. Also, it is not a Bayliner. But they will sell them, and for surfing it will outperform a jetboat.

2in2out
07-16-2021, 04:37 PM
I’d rather do a Sanger 215 or 237, which are in that same price range, than a Heyday just based on looks alone. Sanger is a left coast manufactured boat made on a smaller scale, and many don’t know them, but they are good boats.

I’m biased because I had one. I wouldn’t even get my CFO to look towards a Heyday.

Currently boatless

HFarr
07-17-2021, 12:11 AM
Hmm. Can't say I have ever seen a Sanger..live in Georgia, so your point is on target.

haknslash
07-17-2021, 08:02 AM
The droopy ass boat design is like a squatted truck now that I think about it. I can’t unsee it! :D

larry_arizona
07-17-2021, 08:14 AM
The droopy ass boat design is like a squatted truck now that I think about it. I can’t unsee it! :D

Funny thing is before I knew squatting a diesel truck was actually a thing, I always thought all these 3/4 ton trucks had broken leaf springs.

HFarr
07-17-2021, 09:56 AM
Funny thing is before I knew squatting a diesel truck was actually a thing, I always thought all these 3/4 ton trucks had broken leaf springs.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI can't stand that look myself. Completely ruins the look and mainly the usefulness of a truck. IMO

haknslash
07-17-2021, 10:47 AM

I need to try and get a pic of this hideous Tahoe that runs around here. It’s so squatted i have no idea how he even sees to drive. It looks so stupid I just don’t get it. I enjoyed watching a few whistling diesel videos where he destroyed this fugly squatted teal Chevy truck he bought from some kid in my state. Just destroying the piss out of it lol. Of course no squatted truck is complete without the most cheap, raspy, craptastically clapped-out sounding exhaust, especially the gassers.

HFarr
07-18-2021, 11:20 AM
Ok, I have a question for everyone since we are on this topic....would you rather have a Heyday or an Anthem??

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 11:21 AM
Ok, I have a question for everyone since we are on this topic....would you rather have a Heyday or an Anthem??

Is boatless an option at that point?

Assuming they are not free, I would not feel good paying money for either boat and free doesn’t make me feel much better.

HFarr
07-18-2021, 11:25 AM
I just realized how much they look alike.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/0c7bdff5ede2d1f90ca6b0c44f68acd7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/7a37b8528e49d68b8eb3f56d21f774a3.jpg

2in2out
07-18-2021, 11:47 AM
The Anthem being aluminum would be worth more as scrap than the heyday. Again, that’s only if they were free.

Currently boatless

KnoxMojo
07-18-2021, 12:07 PM
Question, If Heyday was built by Bryant (now defunct as Correct Craft closed them down), SeaRay, or Boston Whaler instead of Bayliner, you think more people would buy them or not clown on them so hard? I have been in the new H22, actually the exact boat posted on here. While it is easy to say I would rather have a Max for 10k or so more, there are a lot of people that will buy the H22. Was told they are only building 150 of them up front, and already have pre orders for half of them. And the rear seats, yes legal under way as the hull is built around them, so they are technically in the boat, and everyone loved them. But I will be keeping Ole Ron for a long time, lol

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 12:12 PM
Question, If Heyday was built by Bryant (now defunct as Correct Craft closed them down), SeaRay, or Boston Whaler instead of Bayliner, you think more people would buy them or not clown on them so hard? I have been in the new H22, actually the exact boat posted on here. While it is easy to say I would rather have a Max for 10k or so more, there are a lot of people that will buy the H22. Was told they are only building 150 of them up front, and already have pre orders for half of them. And the rear seats, yes legal under way as the hull is built around them, so they are technically in the boat, and everyone loved them. But I will be keeping Ole Ron for a long time, lol

Bayliner is absolutely a black eye on Heyday.

Poor quality reputations are hard thing to overcome in any industry.

I would not want to have to explain or prove to a lake rent a cop that the rear seats are legal.

H22 is a huge improvement over the waketractors.

haknslash
07-18-2021, 12:21 PM
Even on the new model the quality, fit and finish still seems pretty subpar. Boat looks aside, for the price they’re asking, no way I could live with myself looking at all the slop and wrinkles in the upholstery. Even in the little Natique G-wanna-be dash there are hideous wrinkles. The foam looks to be made for a child to sit on. My 230 lb fat ass would destroy that in no time. No way that thing is a $90k boat lol.

https://youtu.be/EEj2Y3dvPyo

KnoxMojo
07-18-2021, 12:24 PM
Bayliner is absolutely a black eye on Heyday.

Poor quality reputations are hard thing to overcome in any industry.

I would not want to have to explain or prove to a lake rent a cop that the rear seats are legal.

H22 is a huge improvement over the waketractors.

Larry, Bayliner is a subsidiary of US Marine, owned by Brunswick Boat Group than has a huge portfolio of boats, including SeaRay and Whaler. When they bought Heyday from the Dorton's, which owned Bryant and former top level exec of Mastercraft, they placed them in the US Marine umbrella for marketing and sales purposes as Brunswick had shut down the higher level Maxum line for US Marine. I know a lot of the folks that were there in the early days, really like what they are trying to do. The wake and wave were solid. If you don't check every box for boat and trailer, you can get 1 well equipped for around 80ish. But at that point, would still rather have a 2 year old Mojo with warranty left. Not everyone thinks like that though, lol.

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Then why don’t they market it as a Bryant Heyday or BW heyday?

Seems like a mistake to use the Bayliner name.

KnoxMojo
07-18-2021, 12:42 PM
Then why don’t they market it as a Bryant Heyday or BW heyday?

Seems like a mistake to use the Bayliner name.

They sold Heyday to Brunswick, Bryant to Correct Craft. Then started another company that builds high end off shore fishing boats. They don't use the Bayliner name, but everyone knows US Marine also has Bayliner. I would say they got lumped into them as they already had a dealer network and national infrastructure. PS, Bayliner sells a ton of boats, lol. For wake boat purists, we aren't buying Yamaha, Heyday, Anthem, Surf-toon and others, But plenty of people will like them and buy them just the same.

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 12:48 PM
Heyday is listed on bayliner.com

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/d3348a0d3d29f993819ae05292e5061e.jpg

KnoxMojo
07-18-2021, 12:51 PM
Yeah, and somehow they are still selling loads of them. Lol. I agree, would have them under SeaRay or another brand, but guess those bean counters get paid well for a reason, lol.

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 01:02 PM
Yeah, and somehow they are still selling loads of them. Lol. I agree, would have them under SeaRay or another brand, but guess those bean counters get paid well for a reason, lol.

More the power to them. Heyday is about the only brand wakeboat I haven’t seen in the wild.

SONIC
07-18-2021, 02:20 PM
There's always a market for a bargain priced product.

Associating it with bayliner is not a mistake IMO TONS of bayliners are sold, more than the entire wake segment I would bet. Having that kind of dealer network and name recognition is a good thing. Even it most of us think bayliners are junk the majority of people probably see them as just an affordable entry level boat.

Gotta remember we're in a very small bubble here. I was never on a wakeboat growing up and the first time I stepped foot on one (a g23) I was completely blown away, I didn't even know anyone made boats like this. They are starships in comparison to most other boats out there and most people either don't know they are an option or are not willing to spend this kind of money one one. Build quality is all relative.
If someone told me 8 years ago I would spend 100k+ on a boat I would have fallen over laughing in their face. I think that's how most people think of the wakeboat market.

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 02:36 PM
Perspective is everything.

If it grows tow sports, it’s a good thing.

HFarr
07-18-2021, 03:52 PM
Saw this on FB. Wonder what the citation is for? No fire Extinguisher, and PFD? Or registration? LOL!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/45c57d1b46ea569f961cb5134e37012c.jpg

sandm
07-18-2021, 04:45 PM
If it grows tow sports, it’s a good thing.

normally I'd agree with that but out west, the lakes are getting too full. weekend on some lakes are 2-2.5hrs to launch and that's on lakes that aren't ready to dry up this year. I know when we were in wisconsin it wasn't bad at all and plenty of water to hit but it's a different world out west. my sister finally sold their tooner in boise as lucky peak is so full on saturday/sunday they can't find anywhere to drop anchor and chill. too much traffic and parking anywhere you are in a constant washing machine of wakes from surf/tubers.

there's quite a few of the heydays running around here in sin city. the MC dealer has them and assume they are selling to those that balk at nxt pricing. never been on one to surf but heard the wakes are very good. I'd actually consider one in the 50's but pricing in the 80's+, no way and I suspect the only way they are selling 150 of them is due to the lack of boats to buy. we usually only went out with 3 or 4 others so that boat would be perfectly sized for us.

BigOrange
07-18-2021, 06:00 PM
There's always a market for a bargain priced product.

Associating it with bayliner is not a mistake IMO TONS of bayliners are sold, more than the entire wake segment I would bet. Having that kind of dealer network and name recognition is a good thing. Even it most of us think bayliners are junk the majority of people probably see them as just an affordable entry level boat.

Gotta remember we're in a very small bubble here. I was never on a wakeboat growing up and the first time I stepped foot on one (a g23) I was completely blown away, I didn't even know anyone made boats like this. They are starships in comparison to most other boats out there and most people either don't know they are an option or are not willing to spend this kind of money one one. Build quality is all relative.
If someone told me 8 years ago I would spend 100k+ on a boat I would have fallen over laughing in their face. I think that's how most people think of the wakeboat market.

This is spot on Sonic. Never having a boat growing up in college I thought man I can’t wait to get one of those Tahoe’s at Bass Pro. Lucked into a quality boat with my first used purchase (Monterey deck boat - thing was built like a brick house) and then the wake boat itch.