PDA

View Full Version : 21SA RGB lights not working.

larry_arizona
07-07-2021, 10:07 PM
It must be a breaker, but all my RGB’s are not working. All other lights work.

Looked for breaker under dash. Seems fine.

Any other RGB breakers ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh828
07-07-2021, 10:53 PM
Rgb controller? Not sure how many breakers they put in these boats but the load off just the rgb lights would be so minor I could see just adding them to the lighting circuit

Vanfamkaiyen
07-07-2021, 11:16 PM
I remember reading about someone else with the same issue, pretty sure it ended up being a bad controller.

larry_arizona
07-08-2021, 07:46 AM
I think I know where the RGB controller is located, perhaps a reset button on the unit?

My controller is a liquid Lumens versus the standard RGB.

larry_arizona
07-08-2021, 09:06 AM
Traced 12v at the RGB controller, unit has a fan and when you turn on RGB lights, the fan doesn’t come on, thinking controller is bad.

Holdmybeer
07-08-2021, 09:18 AM
Traced 12v at the RGB controller, unit has a fan and when you turn on RGB lights, the fan doesn’t come on, thinking controller is bad.

I know your boat is new and this is warranty. But I would bet there is a fuse under the cover of the Liquid Lumens controller. Maybe give them a call and see if there is a reset of some kind to avoid having to drop the boat off.

larry_arizona
07-08-2021, 09:43 AM
Just reached out to LL, also talked to dealer, I checked everything they recommended, if I can’t figure it, it’s going in next week.

I try the easy stuff first, hope I didn’t miss something stupid and dealer says.....boom was just a breaker LOL.

MLA
07-08-2021, 09:44 AM
Make sure the rocker switch on the side of the controller did not get bumped to the off position.

larry_arizona
07-08-2021, 09:47 AM
Make sure the rocker switch on the side of the controller did not get bumped to the off position.

The LL controller doesn’t have a rocker switch that I can see.

Now I am curious if there is a second RGB controller for the in boat and speaker lights??

Maybe liquid Lumens is just for the underwater lights.

larry_arizona
07-08-2021, 11:35 AM
It appears the RGB zone controller wires come out of the Vision system ECM.

Makes sense that it’s integrated there.

larry_arizona
07-08-2021, 03:23 PM
Correction, there is a second RGB controller for in boat and speaker lights.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210708/93194950c785a669a733baf45bd2d2be.jpg
What’s strange is all RGB’s are dead including the underwater liquid Lumens. the underwater liquid Lumens have their own RGB controller.

Seems odd both controllers are not working.

Also measuring 12v to each RGB controller.

MLA
07-08-2021, 05:57 PM

If both in-boat and underwater LEDs work in sync, then it could make sense that both are not working, as the commands comes from the Vision. I also think that the RGB signal to the LL box, would come from the ITC controller.
The LL OEM components may be different, but all their other power boxes ive handles, had an ON/OFF switch. But this would only power off the that controller, not the other controller.

Holdmybeer
07-09-2021, 06:55 AM
Is the LL system CANBus also? It appears from what I looked up, LL is an on/off controller and I would question how it has 12V and not working.

Did a ground cable come loose? CANBus cable smashed behind a panel. CANBus cable become unscrewed from vibration. Can you check these for voltage? CAN+ 1.7V CAN- 0.7v

Not sure you want to chase all these down. Also, not sure how long the dealer would have to find the issue. Most service shops are backed up.

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 07:24 AM
Logic tells me that the vision screen is not sending the signal to turn on either RGB controller.

The LL has a red and black wire to a terminal block on the controller, 12V across that block.

Rain forecast for all next week, it’s going in Monday.

MLA
07-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Is the LL system CANBus also? It appears from what I looked up, LL is an on/off controller and I would question how it has 12V and not working.

Did a ground cable come loose? CANBus cable smashed behind a panel. CANBus cable become unscrewed from vibration. Can you check these for voltage? CAN+ 1.7V CAN- 0.7v

Not sure you want to chase all these down. Also, not sure how long the dealer would have to find the issue. Most service shops are backed up.

My last conversation with Rob @ LL, was that their RGB integration module takes the color commands that would go to an LED, and process it and then send out the command to the lights connected to their box.

So with the ITC controller posted above, say zone-4 is the underwater lights. Those 4 circuits (B+, R-, B- and G-) would go to the LL controller, get interpreted, then sent to the LL underwater lights.

Thats how it was explained to me.

larry_arizona
07-09-2021, 10:04 AM
My last conversation with Rob @ LL, was that their RGB integration module takes the color commands that would go to an LED, and process it and then send out the command to the lights connected to their box.

So with the ITC controller posted above, say zone-4 is the underwater lights. Those 4 circuits (B+, R-, B- and G-) would go to the LL controller, get interpreted, then sent to the LL underwater lights.

Thats how it was explained to me.

This supports that the ITC controller is master and LL controller is slave?

If ITC doesn’t work, then LL won’t work.

The good news is the ITC controller, if bad, is super easy to swap out.

MLA
07-09-2021, 10:15 AM
This supports that the ITC controller is master and LL controller is slave?

If ITC doesn’t work, then LL won’t work.

The good news is the ITC controller, if bad, is super easy to swap out.

Yes, thats a great way to word it.

larry_arizona
07-14-2021, 01:09 PM
Dealer diagnosis, Bad ITC RGB controller.

Controller on order.

larry_arizona
07-28-2021, 07:28 PM
ITC RGB controller replaced, all is well.

zabooda
07-28-2021, 08:01 PM
Quick turn around.

larry_arizona
07-28-2021, 08:08 PM
Quick turn around.

2 weeks in this environment is decent. Fortunately I am close to my dealer as I picked it up last week while waiting for part to arrive.

Lost zero lake time.

Moombas
09-27-2023, 07:33 AM
Correction, there is a second RGB controller for in boat and speaker lights.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210708/93194950c785a669a733baf45bd2d2be.jpg
What’s strange is all RGB’s are dead including the underwater liquid Lumens. the underwater liquid Lumens have their own RGB controller.

Also measuring 12v to each RGB controller.

Hey,

I had my dealer look up the ITC controller its $860, I am wondering how it plugs into your boat, does it use a 4 pin deutsch connector to communicate with the MFD or a 2 pin? I am trying to find out if it communicates via can bus because if it does I may be able to find a cheaper module that will still communcate with my 7" MDF. I know shadow caster has a can bus controller for $280 that can be controlled via 2 wire can bus.