PDA

View Full Version : Aux, horn, blower, ballast systems not working

Steph D
07-04-2021, 05:42 PM
Recently purchased a 2015 Moomba Mondo. After a few weeks of use, the balasts would not fill when we wanted to surf. Subsequently noticed that all aux switches on dash, as well as horn and blower would not work. I have checked both breakers (battery compartment and engine compartment) and reset them but still no power. Now it wont go because of water in the hull. Dash gagues and multi fucntion display work fine.
Any suggestions?
There is a large 30 amp fuse in the battery compartment. Could this be the problem?

Hayden
07-04-2021, 11:39 PM
If you have a multimeter and some basic electrical wire tracing experience you should be able to determine if it's wiring related. You can start at the batteries themselves and then trace your way to each load, testing for voltage as you go. It's unlikely that pumps/horn/blower would all fail at exactly the same time, which makes me think there's a wire disconnected somewhere.

That's where I'd start based on what you've described, however, saying "now it won't go because of water in the hull", adds a whole other aspect depending on how much water in the hull we are talking about ;)