PDA

View Full Version : July Pics and Vids

jnr4817
07-02-2021, 10:48 PM
Starting off today with a great surf session.

https://i.imgur.com/ndlhCN4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eLcwfFf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6oYxatf.jpg

HFarr
07-02-2021, 11:29 PM
I like the sexy leg pi the Best! LOL![emoji38]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

HFarr
07-02-2021, 11:34 PM
Ok. Now that I just read that, it didn't sound the same as when I sent it!! Good waves!!! Not that there is anything wrong with your legs or anything. I'm not, uh, well, not that there is anything wrong with that, but, well, crap....good Waves!!

HFarr
07-02-2021, 11:48 PM
One of my son's friends today. First time ever trying to surf. Got right up and went quite a distance. Used a LandLock board that I just bought. That thing really is easy to ride.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210703/899a9f30324f6c6cc1c626c903c35248.jpg

eder10986
07-03-2021, 08:37 AM
Painful start for us [emoji23]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210703/6cff9bfa11a3e42296f383741bd8bb4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haknslash
07-03-2021, 08:49 AM
I avoid the lakes during the holidays. Too much of a washing machine and too crazy. y’all be safe out there amongst all the drunken idiots this weekend.

jnr4817
07-03-2021, 09:01 AM
I’ll take any compliments I can get.

We went yesterday and found some smooth water. We are headed up river today far from anyone to surf and chill.

mgswake
07-03-2021, 09:35 AM

At least you're on the same side, my last boat the gas cap was on the opposite side of the truck's gas. Made gas stations fun!

HFarr
07-03-2021, 10:05 AM
At least you're on the same side, my last boat the gas cap was on the opposite side of the truck's gas. Made gas stations fun!Funny you should say that. The new Moombas and Supras have a fill cap on both sides. Probably something small that someone said would be a good idea at one time. Proof that someone listened!

larry_arizona
07-03-2021, 11:42 AM
The dual side gas fill is a really nice feature, filling on and off the water.

eder10986
07-03-2021, 12:03 PM
As they mentioned. Having dual filling caps is a huge blessing in disguise.

Was just a big hit because the truck is 32 gal and the boat 65 (I believe) and they were both close to empty [emoji38]

I try to space it out when I can. Regardless it’s all worth it to us!

got2skigrl
07-06-2021, 09:44 AM
I can finally add to the pictures thread. Our boat was finished at the factory Tuesday and our dealer had it ready to go Friday. 29887298882988929890

larry_arizona
07-06-2021, 09:47 AM
I can finally add to the pictures thread. Our boat was finished at the factory Tuesday and our dealer had it ready to go Friday. 29887298882988929890

Congrats!!!! Love the patriot theme.

996scott
07-06-2021, 11:14 AM
that's a great looking boat! We have a '21 Craz as well and have loved it.

korey
07-06-2021, 11:23 AM

Perfect timing to have that 'murica machine ready for the water! Congrats!

HFarr
07-06-2021, 11:37 AM
Wow! You go Captain America! All it's missing is a sheild! Perfect 4th of July boat.

Josh828
07-06-2021, 03:03 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210706/e174ad08d0877d86004bba20902ddd75.jpg
Went to three different lakes over the weekend but the main story will be Friday night at my usual lake.

Josh828
07-06-2021, 03:35 PM
I waited to long to edit the original post so here is the story haha

Went down after work with two friends, tried to surf and wave had great shape but no push. Frantically called friends and ate dinner at the marina waiting for them to arrive. My friend "Sam" had a few drinks with dinner and by the time we had about 5 friends arrive it was about 8:30pm. We went out surfing went amazingly and no issues. There was a bass fishing tournament however we idled around them and never saw them when we went back out surfing. We then swam around and floated well into about 10pm. Then my friend sam begs to surf just one last time on the way in. The lake is completely dead and we aren't but 1 cove over from the boat ramp. As we approach the no wake zone I signal for him to ride onto the swim deck. We then idle down to no wake well before the zone and idle on in. He grabs the truck keys and I drop him off at the dock nose end. Then 6 Wild life officers appear and rush down the dock to confront him. I circle back because at this point I'm sure nothing a friendly conversation can't fix. They claim they saw us wake surfing even though we were 1000yds out from shore. Also they claim they had multiple people report us. (this is hard to believe as in the drive in we saw zero other boats) Sam admits to wake surfing and we try to be as polite as possible. They are writing me a ticket for night skiing and I don't contest. Then they allow him to go get the truck, however he never comes back. Finally a officer comes back down the ramp with my truck keys saying I will have to go get the truck because they have taken Sam to JAIL..
He admitted to them on the way he had some drinks at dinner however he was not driving the truck home only backing it down the ramp, blew a .10 before ever touching the truck thinking they just wanted to make sure he could back the truck safely. They put him in handcuffs and hauled him off with no wallet, phone or even shoes wearing a t shirt and wet swim trunks.
They inform me where I can go and get him as if I do not he will spend the night in the drunk tank and hand me my $50 citation for night sking.
Upon finally arriving at the sheriffs depo I go in and the actual sheriff was super friendly and thought the whole thing was stupid and we go through everything I need to release him. Then we have to wait two hours for them to get done interrogating sam before they finally release him at 1:30am. We got stopped at 10pm..
He walks out with a $250 "manipulating a surf board while intoxicated" and also a $50 "sking after dark" ticket.
right before he was released the main wild life officer who was well being a prick came out and I asked him if sam had said something rude to them and wanted to apologize if he had. The officer said "what? your friend was nothing but polite and cordial." At this point I had lost my patience and sarcastically said so all this is just standard procedure where I then got a lecture on all the other tickets he could have wrote.

I just wanted to share with the group about the dangers of night surfing and by gosh manipulating a surf board after a drink. It's worth noting sam passed the field sobriety test with flying colors and other than blowing over the limit you would have never known he had 1 drink much less the probably 3 he did have.

Real question is anyone see anything wrong with this story. I wouldn't have thought we both would have gotten "Night sking" tickets and I as the driver would have only gotten it.
Another fun side note: the cops admitted they were very confused when we never stopped to turn around and pick him up but was sure they saw someone back there haha

Also this is a completely theoretical story and is not anything that happened or anything...

bergermaister
07-06-2021, 05:30 PM
"completely theoretical" You have a very active imagination and WAY too much time on your hands bro. Anyway you don't get cuffed for blowing a .10 or have to do a FST if you're not behind the wheel. Maybe an 'appearing in public' charge but usually that's too trivial to mess with. duh... :cool:

bergermaister
07-06-2021, 05:33 PM
So we made our maiden voyage Saturday - yes finally. All good in the hood, had a great day.

That night at home I noticed a bit more water than usual in the basement locker. Pulled up on the hill to drain and sat there a good 15 minutes with a steady stream out the plug hole. Uh oh.... now what.

Upon further investigation this is what a ballast hose looks like after it gets a little old and maybe even brittle.

https://i.imgur.com/AXrMtwz.jpg

Glad it was only that and not something more serious as we're about to head out for 5 days!

Josh828
07-06-2021, 05:45 PM
"completely theoretical" You have a very active imagination and WAY too much time on your hands bro. Anyway you don't get cuffed for blowing a .10 or have to do a FST if you're not behind the wheel. Maybe an 'appearing in public' charge but usually that's too trivial to mess with. duh... :cool:

I couldn’t believe it.. wanna talk about to much time on their hands haha

Also glad you caught that hose before it was a long day on the water

brad460
07-06-2021, 07:11 PM

Went down after work with two friends, tried to surf and wave had great shape but no push. Frantically called friends and ate dinner at the marina waiting for them to arrive. My friend "Sam" had a few drinks with dinner and by the time we had about 5 friends arrive it was about 8:30pm. We went out surfing went amazingly and no issues. There was a bass fishing tournament however we idled around them and never saw them when we went back out surfing. We then swam around and floated well into about 10pm. Then my friend sam begs to surf just one last time on the way in. The lake is completely dead and we aren't but 1 cove over from the boat ramp. As we approach the no wake zone I signal for him to ride onto the swim deck. We then idle down to no wake well before the zone and idle on in. He grabs the truck keys and I drop him off at the dock nose end. Then 6 Wild life officers appear and rush down the dock to confront him. I circle back because at this point I'm sure nothing a friendly conversation can't fix. They claim they saw us wake surfing even though we were 1000yds out from shore. Also they claim they had multiple people report us. (this is hard to believe as in the drive in we saw zero other boats) Sam admits to wake surfing and we try to be as polite as possible. They are writing me a ticket for night skiing and I don't contest. Then they allow him to go get the truck, however he never comes back. Finally a officer comes back down the ramp with my truck keys saying I will have to go get the truck because they have taken Sam to JAIL..
He admitted to them on the way he had some drinks at dinner however he was not driving the truck home only backing it down the ramp, blew a .10 before ever touching the truck thinking they just wanted to make sure he could back the truck safely. They put him in handcuffs and hauled him off with no wallet, phone or even shoes wearing a t shirt and wet swim trunks.
They inform me where I can go and get him as if I do not he will spend the night in the drunk tank and hand me my $50 citation for night sking.
Upon finally arriving at the sheriffs depo I go in and the actual sheriff was super friendly and thought the whole thing was stupid and we go through everything I need to release him. Then we have to wait two hours for them to get done interrogating sam before they finally release him at 1:30am. We got stopped at 10pm..
He walks out with a $250 "manipulating a surf board while intoxicated" and also a $50 "sking after dark" ticket.
right before he was released the main wild life officer who was well being a prick came out and I asked him if sam had said something rude to them and wanted to apologize if he had. The officer said "what? your friend was nothing but polite and cordial." At this point I had lost my patience and sarcastically said so all this is just standard procedure where I then got a lecture on all the other tickets he could have wrote.

I just wanted to share with the group about the dangers of night surfing and by gosh manipulating a surf board after a drink. It's worth noting sam passed the field sobriety test with flying colors and other than blowing over the limit you would have never known he had 1 drink much less the probably 3 he did have.

Real question is anyone see anything wrong with this story. I wouldn't have thought we both would have gotten "Night sking" tickets and I as the driver would have only gotten it.
Another fun side note: the cops admitted they were very confused when we never stopped to turn around and pick him up but was sure they saw someone back there haha

Also this is a completely theoretical story and is not anything that happened or anything...

Wow- crazy story! I feel bad for your buddy! Reminds me of a commercial a local lawyer runs- “If you get pulled over by the police don’t say anything to the officer.. it will be used against you.”

I wonder if the tickets were to appease the locals who complained about the surfing? (If they really did complain).

Not to turn this into a debate- But I have a few friends with lake homes in WI and can tell you they don’t like people wake surfing on their lakes. I mentioned to my one buddy I was going to stop over with our Max and take them surfing..he was like NO WAY not on our lake (they are on a chain of lakes)-He claims wakesurfers had their lake all turned up and cloudy and others claim it was eroding the shoreline. Wakesurfers have a worse reputation than jet skiers..

I expect more resistance to surfing in the future...lake laws or rules will be created ..

trayson
07-06-2021, 07:14 PM
I'm alive...

4th of July lunch on water

Black vinyl is hot when it's 114 outside

Bring it all to a waterfront wedding.

Prineville reservoir delivered.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210706/b22266675fb42ea4d3bc0a9a40ab8ce7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210706/88b8d3091dd413bbbc41bed89291a71e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210706/f625b1191a3dff9c25144e2c796abf5d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210706/90c6936a69dd017ca1bd9e45d2d11645.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

sandm
07-06-2021, 07:17 PM
Real question is anyone see anything wrong with this story.

hate to say it but I see one glaring issue with the story IF it's true.

NEVER hand the keys to anyone that has been drinking. IF it's true and he blew a .10, that's legally done and I know everyone is different but the story COULD have ended with your truck/trailer in the lake, or worse yet, someone else at the ramp and hit. I'd park and go get the truck myself.

** my post is completely theoretical as I didn't spend any time thinking about it nor typing it out :)

trayson
07-06-2021, 07:20 PM
Also, I almost sunk my boat on the first trip out this year and cost myself around $1500.

Lid to raw water impeller came off while I was surfing.
Exhaust manifolds overheated.
Melted the plastic 3.5" thru hulls (but I couldn't see because they were underwater).
Water was coming in faster than I could pump it out. I was also surf ballasted.
I had to choose between letting my boat sink vs making a panic run to the dock (I was within sight of it).
I made it to the dock, but broke the internals of my water jacketed exhaust manifold that is an indmar only part.

I'm now straight piped with muffler delete (tons of engine bay room achieved).
I have SS pipe sleeving the inside of my 3.5 thru hulls that I had to cut off the melted bits and repurpose (because they're not available anymore and anything SS was 4").
New manifold was expensive!!! But easy to install.
I did the 340 CAT ETX cooling system reroute while I was at it.

Only down for about a week.

trayson
07-06-2021, 07:24 PM

OR law is sunset and WA law is an hour after sunset. So we're all good in WA because it's dark AF an hour after sunset. Ask me how I know.

HFarr
07-06-2021, 08:14 PM
Josh, what lake were you on? Was it NC or GA?

HFarr
07-06-2021, 08:25 PM
I had a friend riding his two children (6 & 8) on our jetski this weekend while his wife, my family and other friends were surfing. He was NOT doing anything crazy. Just cruising along slowly watching us surf. All of a sudden the DNR come flying across the lake and stops him. They give him a ticket for operating within 100 ft of another vessel. Really surprised me they didn't give him a warning. And to be honest, he was not driving crazy, nor in my opinion ever got within probably 50 ft of us for kids to say hey to mom, and that was only when we were idling around to pick up a surfer when they dropped. Two officers on the boat, and he was talking fishing/hunting with one of them while the other took his information. He told them his wife/kids mom was on our boat and thought at most a verbal warning as they realized he was not drinking or jumping wake. When the other officer handed him a citation, the officer he was talking to said "wow" quietly under his breath.

Josh828
07-06-2021, 08:34 PM
To reply to everyone,
my theoretical friend was completely coherent and I trusted to back the truck in however if he would have got in the truck and something would have happened the ticket could have been life altering so definitely rethinking that whole process..

And it was well past “sunset” of like 8:30pm unfortunately we knew we were in the wrong night surfing however thought that would be the end of it.

And we were on a NC lake. So one hour past sunset is the law and it does say you cannot be under the influence and do any water sports

Everyone does hate the wake surfing world and I do understand why however the only people out were the bass fisherman and when I saw them they were staging up and I idled through them nicely talking to a few so I think the “reports” were bs.. then again only red boat on the lake haha

But has anyone else ever received a ticket for both the driver and rider for after hours?

I’m not going to lie if it is just 1 $50 dollar pay it ticket I would just consider that the cost of renting the lake after hours hahaha
However the cop did threaten me with “reckless endangerment” and a few related others I’m sure they would tack on if caught again

trayson
07-06-2021, 08:43 PM
To reply to everyone,
my theoretical friend was completely coherent and I trusted to back the truck in however if he would have got in the truck and something would have happened the ticket could have been life altering so definitely rethinking that whole process..

And it was well past “sunset” of like 8:30pm unfortunately we knew we were in the wrong night surfing however thought that would be the end of it.

And we were on a NC lake. So one hour past sunset is the law and it does say you cannot be under the influence and do any water sports

Everyone does hate the wake surfing world and I do understand why however the only people out were the bass fisherman and when I saw them they were staging up and I idled through them nicely talking to a few so I think the “reports” were bs.. then again only red boat on the lake haha

But has anyone else ever received a ticket for both the driver and rider for after hours?

I’m not going to lie if it is just 1 $50 dollar pay it ticket I would just consider that the cost of renting the lake after hours hahaha
However the cop did threaten me with “reckless endangerment” and a few related others I’m sure they would tack on if caught againSun doesn't set until after 9pm...

larry_arizona
07-06-2021, 08:45 PM
Sun doesn't set until after 9pm...

Depends where you are within your time zone.

trayson
07-06-2021, 08:48 PM
Depends where you are within your time zone.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell what do you know I guess we do get longer evenings in the North!

larry_arizona
07-06-2021, 08:50 PM
Well what do you know I guess we do get longer evenings in the North!

West side of your time zone helps too.

Josh828
07-06-2021, 08:50 PM
Sun doesn't set until after 9pm...

I’m not sure what they use as “sunset” my iPhone weather app says 8:47pm today as sunset. But if you count until you can’t see the sun any longer it’s probably much longer

Might try this next time, I tried the be super polite and helpful route as it usually is your best chance of getting just a warning however they didn’t hold anything back. So next time going to be “I don’t recall who was surfing” “I don’t know what time it is I’d say 45mins after sunset” “I don’t think anyone on board has drank a drop” “nah I’d rather not blow”

I’m not sure you can even make someone blow unless they are driving a vehicle or they have cause to think you are drunk??
Gotta talk to my sheriff and lawyer friends haha

Also the local sheriff at the station had a run in with them on his pontoon and when he told them he was a local sheriff they said it was “irrelevant” In a not so nice manner

Also since I’ve derailed the picture thread of a picture of the 5% tint just at 8:50 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210707/87f2368b2773ca6190611a2d7cf1752e.jpg

TXSurf4
07-06-2021, 09:01 PM
I’m not sure what they use as “sunset” my iPhone weather app says 8:47pm today as sunset. But if you count until you can’t see the sun any longer it’s probably much longer

Might try this next time, I tried the be super polite and helpful route as it usually is your best chance of getting just a warning however they didn’t hold anything back. So next time going to be “I don’t recall who was surfing” “I don’t know what time it is I’d say 45mins after sunset” “I don’t think anyone on board has drank a drop” “nah I’d rather not blow”

I’m not sure you can even make someone blow unless they are driving a vehicle or they have cause to think you are drunk??
Gotta talk to my sheriff and lawyer friends haha

Also the local sheriff at the station had a run in with them on his pontoon and when he told them he was a local sheriff they said it was “irrelevant” In a not so nice manner

“Sunset” is the actual “Sunset Time” on your phone not the “Last Light”. Here in Tx tow sports are “allowed” 30 min before sunrise to 30 mins after sunset which is easy to remember as it is the same a shooting time for hunting regulations.

Next time you can either be polite again or just tell them you don’t feel comfortable answering any questions and take whatever tickets they have to give you. Also I don’t think they can ever make you blow you just have to be willing to take the punishment that comes along with refusing to blow

Josh828
07-06-2021, 09:12 PM
“Sunset” is the actual “Sunset Time” on your phone not the “Last Light”. Here in Tx tow sports are “allowed” 30 min before sunrise to 30 mins after sunset which is easy to remember as it is the same a shooting time for hunting regulations.

Next time you can either be polite again or just tell them you don’t feel comfortable answering any questions and take whatever tickets they have to give you. Also I don’t think they can ever make you blow you just have to be willing to take the punishment that comes along with refusing to blow

Appreciate it! They would rather ticket than educate lol but seems like we got the full extent of the law anyways so if it’s the same DNR will probably go the refusal route although that’s not me at all..

Also really during all of this there was one prick, one young cop actually writing the tickets however he was instructed by the prick. And the other 4 just kinda kept their distance. So really I had one bad experience shouldn’t say they are all pricks hopefully run into some more cheerful and helpful officers from now on

MJHSupra
07-06-2021, 09:25 PM
Water was coming in faster than I could pump it out.

I had to choose between letting my boat sink vs making a panic run to the dock (I was within sight of it).

Only down for about a week.

Dang. Scary sh!t right there.

MJHSupra
07-06-2021, 09:27 PM
Norris was a good time over the holiday weekend. The Supra SL does not disappoint.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210707/dd01936c3f3818eb7740513708eb422f.jpg

trayson
Dang. Scary sh!t right there.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah it had completely filled the bilge and was starting to be visible on the floor level.

MJHSupra
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210707/478029b7f8a5a9fdabed25b351815e46.jpg

Josh828
07-06-2021, 09:29 PM
Norris was a good time over the holiday weekend. The Supra SL does not disappoint.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210707/dd01936c3f3818eb7740513708eb422f.jpg

Gorgeous wave! She looks like she is 20’ back from the boat and crusing

MJHSupra
07-06-2021, 09:30 PM
Regular was good too.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210707/bdb18d8b6a2164bb605b925768b3c25f.jpg

MJHSupra
07-06-2021, 09:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210707/1b4d10c7b7c2e3b978561c2bcb3690d3.jpg

MJHSupra
07-06-2021, 09:34 PM
Front row seats to the fireworks barge too.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210707/584370c06413ac07ae7eec57024e4a86.jpg

sandm
07-06-2021, 11:09 PM
mjh- great pics. thx for sharing... LOVED wisconsin being on the river for the 4th. downside was the $hitshow getting back to the launch in the pitch black but well worth it......

jnr4817
07-06-2021, 11:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/cvIANgE.jpg

ghebert1111
07-07-2021, 09:12 AM
Trayson welcome back from where ever you were. Looking forward to your pics, they were always my favorites.

Bigs28
07-07-2021, 01:49 PM
July 5th surf session. Having some issues with auto wake but just filling the bags to 100 and surfing whatever it is is working.

rdlangston13
07-07-2021, 04:50 PM

I hate you people with fuel filler necks on the port side of your boats…

MJHSupra
07-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNew Mojo has it. Is it time?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

trayson
07-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDon't most modern boats have them on both sides?

HFarr
07-07-2021, 08:01 PM
Don't most modern boats have them on both sides?

Sent from my VS995 using TapatalkYes. See earlier comments.

rdlangston13
07-07-2021, 11:24 PM
New Mojo has it. Is it time?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

As per the wife, if we sell the Mojo our next boat will be a tooner so I guess our boat was a lifetime purchase.

Little 4th of July on Lake Conroe on my dads Mobius LSV. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210708/6a09f8e5d696365c4bfc6fe83c42a603.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210708/08d53483cbf860bfa7392bd9e52e817c.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210708/dd87191d1bd5f794ce39bd664408ae09.jpg

blay127
07-08-2021, 10:57 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51297579052_98b64bdd4e_b.jpg

RC_Hinojosa
07-08-2021, 03:25 PM
hate to say it but I see one glaring issue with the story IF it's true.

NEVER hand the keys to anyone that has been drinking. IF it's true and he blew a .10, that's legally done and I know everyone is different but the story COULD have ended with your truck/trailer in the lake, or worse yet, someone else at the ramp and hit. I'd park and go get the truck myself.

** my post is completely theoretical as I didn't spend any time thinking about it nor typing it out :)This [emoji1432] but take it a step further.

Texas Parks & Wildlife Game Wardens have vast powers....

An evening of adult beverage night surfing CAN (up to warden) result in your boat and truck being seized.

Not really worth it IMO.

Not to this extent but I already have a bad taste for authority. Game Wardens are attracted to yellow wakeboats like hummingbirds to red flowers....ask me how I know [emoji28]

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

Seahawk
07-09-2021, 09:36 AM
This is how you solve the issue of getting your gas cap on the same side of your vehicle :confused:

HFarr
07-09-2021, 09:51 AM
I'd like to see him load that one! Would have to be a deeeep ramp!

sandm
07-09-2021, 10:41 AM

fastest unloader at the ramp that day :)

Holdmybeer
07-09-2021, 10:55 AM
This is how you solve the issue of getting your gas cap on the same side of your vehicle :confused:

I have been looking at this picture for 10 minutes trying to think of something to say...... literally lost for words

Scott-clt
07-09-2021, 11:15 AM

Must be a custom trailer lol

996scott
07-09-2021, 12:20 PM

That's freakin genius Gump!

2in2out
07-09-2021, 01:01 PM

Definitely need thrusters for that action!

Currently boatless

haknslash
07-10-2021, 02:02 PM
Beautiful weather today for the PWT Stop #2 here at Oak Mountain state park! I’ll have some action pics and video later on.

https://i.imgur.com/GSov0wP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xWHhqQL.jpg

Dealer has a beachside customer tent setup with some PWT swag..

https://i.imgur.com/4cwwlyu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QFofm7l.jpg

rdlangston13
07-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Nothing like gearing up to go on a 1000 mile boat road trip only to discover the week before that you have two leaking wheel seals on your “maintenance free” Boatmate trailer!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210711/b6ab7056c4d0b432d467370efffa9c72.jpg

TXSurf4
07-10-2021, 08:45 PM
Nothing like gearing up to go on a 1000 mile boat road trip only to discover the week before that you have two leaking wheel seals on your “maintenance free” Boatmate trailer!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210711/b6ab7056c4d0b432d467370efffa9c72.jpg

That stinks! You got someone to take care of them quick or is this a warranty thing?

rdlangston13
07-10-2021, 08:54 PM
That stinks! You got someone to take care of them quick or is this a warranty thing?

Warranty won’t have them done by Thursday night if I had to guess. I’m going to call MacLane Trailers Monday morning and see if they have the parts. If so I’ll just pick it up there and do it myself.

TXSurf4
07-11-2021, 04:26 PM
Warranty won’t have them done by Thursday night if I had to guess. I’m going to call MacLane Trailers Monday morning and see if they have the parts. If so I’ll just pick it up there and do it myself.

I gotcha. Always worth a try with Rinker’s if it is still under warranty. I have had Trey and the service team bail me out of more than 1 jam lol. I am sure MacLane would have the parts though.

sandm
07-11-2021, 08:32 PM

glad ya caught that before heading out on the road. could have been a real vacation bummer to stop somewhere in BFE and hope you can find parts to get back on the road....

rdlangston13
07-11-2021, 09:43 PM
I gotcha. Always worth a try with Rinker’s if it is still under warranty. I have had Trey and the service team bail me out of more than 1 jam lol. I am sure MacLane would have the parts though.

Main issue is Rinkers is closed on Monday so I would have to wait until Tuesday which would really put me under the gun if they don’t have the parts or have their service dept backed up.

RC_Hinojosa
07-12-2021, 10:46 AM
PWT Stop 2 looked like a good time...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CROwKrylvgT/?utm_medium=copy_link

jimmsch
07-12-2021, 06:17 PM
We'd really love to see a live PWT event in person.
Anyway, here is Zandar's contributions to the htread. Last trick is TS backroll to revert. He's 11 riding a 134 Murray Pro board. Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/Ui_vm56PmP4

rdlangston13
07-15-2021, 10:47 AM
Got the bearings fixed but not without its challenges. Parts house gave me the wrong outer races and they are a two hour round trip. Also the wear sleeve on one of the spindles was heavily grooves and worn and they are a pain to take off and reinstall. After those two things it went pretty quick. I need feel confident tightening the spindle nut on bearings however. I guess we will see how it goes tomorrow!

bergermaister
07-16-2021, 02:31 PM
This is what makes the 3 hour drive worth it. When there's no wind, it's this all day long.

https://i.imgur.com/XPrCqNk.jpg

First time out with the floating mat. What a pain in the ass to bring along. We left it anchored off the beach. Got stolen the second night. I was kinda ticked but at the same time kinda glad I didn't have to roll the stupid thing back up and haul it home...

https://i.imgur.com/WQ6Vj8c.jpg

We experimented with more equal ballast in the rear and adjusting the suck gate. The surf wave wasn't as steep, it actually got kind of fat. But had a ton of push a lots of room to play. My daughter is 5'10" for reference.

https://i.imgur.com/l0CRQEn.jpg

Still learning the foil. No near death ejections this time. Even got a little slack in the line on a few rides.

https://i.imgur.com/uM22yMu.jpg

And finally when you get all cocky and bet dad can't throw you off the 3 person tube when you're riding solo.

https://youtu.be/4tTcoHFJAfQ

HFarr
07-17-2021, 12:21 AM
This is what makes the 3 hour drive worth it. When there's no wind, it's this all day long.

https://i.imgur.com/XPrCqNk.jpg

First time out with the floating mat. What a pain in the ass to bring along. We left it anchored off the beach. Got stolen the second night. I was kinda ticked but at the same time kinda glad I didn't have to roll the stupid thing back up and haul it home...

https://i.imgur.com/WQ6Vj8c.jpg

We experimented with more equal ballast in the rear and adjusting the suck gate. The surf wave wasn't as steep, it actually got kind of fat. But had a ton of push a lots of room to play. My daughter is 5'10" for reference.

https://i.imgur.com/l0CRQEn.jpg

Still learning the foil. No near death ejections this time. Even got a little slack in the line on a few rides.

https://i.imgur.com/uM22yMu.jpg

And finally when you get all cocky and bet dad can't throw you off the 3 person tube when you're riding solo.

https://youtu.be/4tTcoHFJAfQHeck Yeah on the Tube dump! I will have to post some of the air and rolls I dole out to my kids all the time too when they get cocky and tell me I can't shake them off.

HFarr
07-17-2021, 12:23 AM
Sucks on your lillypad getting stolen, but yeah they can be a pain to tote around. I put mine on top of the Bimini and tower when on the water. When I strap it to my swim platform, the ends drag in the water and pull at it.

htfit
07-17-2021, 04:27 PM
Tried to do the double surf wave and surf between them but it was a little harder than imagined to get the boats lined up at the same speed. Only messed around for a pass or 2 before saying better quit while ahead.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210717/471c55da9851a47180de429e7719a023.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

RUGER761
07-17-2021, 10:41 PM
Two weekends in a row the storms ran us off the water, which is very odd for July. Still had some fun and started teaching my nephew how to drive. He’s hooked now I think :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/c923041aeab22c78e4056aefe9d4258d.jpg

rdlangston13
07-17-2021, 10:49 PM
We made it to table rock and all wheel bearings stayed intact and leak free. We did however roast the left rear brake while going down a pretty steep hill in the Ozarks. Saw smoke pouring out from fender on the trailer in my mirror and luckily there was a parking lot right there I was able to pull into. Got out and could smell it! Pulled the wheel off and the hub and wheel seal all looked good but the rotor was blue from heat. The outside of the rotor was about half as thick as the inside. The wheel
And hub spun freely and easily so it doesn’t seem like the caliper was locked up. I’m going the hubbed rotor replaced before we head home though.

HFarr
07-17-2021, 11:14 PM
We did some double riding too. Both my son's got up on the same wave today and rode it. They tried a couple of times to pass around each other, but one of them always lost the wave. Gonna try some more. I think they will get it.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/b20eb32895da772c5e09ff474055306b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/c68d3e21fe1cb143991e1880aa224275.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/78c4f414a84af1deed2e0a6aa7a79171.jpg

russellsmojo
07-18-2021, 10:02 AM
We did some double riding too. Both my son's got up on the same wave today and rode it. They tried a couple of times to pass around each other, but one of them always lost the wave. Gonna try some more. I think they will get it.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/b20eb32895da772c5e09ff474055306b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/c68d3e21fe1cb143991e1880aa224275.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/78c4f414a84af1deed2e0a6aa7a79171.jpg

That’s awesome!!

haknslash
07-18-2021, 12:29 PM
We'd really love to see a live PWT event in person.
Anyway, here is Zandar's contributions to the htread. Last trick is TS backroll to revert. He's 11 riding a 134 Murray Pro board. Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/Ui_vm56PmP4

Nice! Good job! It’s been cool seeing him progress on here.

I went to my first ever PWT event last weekend and it was awesome seeing those guys fly and shred! I took a ton of pics and vids and put them in this separate thread if you want to check it out https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?36757-PWT-Tour-Stop-2-pics-and-vids. Highly recommend going to one if you can. Great hospitality and vibe.

jimmsch
07-18-2021, 06:21 PM
@hacknslash Thanks for your comments. He works REALLY hard. Also checked out your post on the PWT event...looks like a great time!

Emilware
07-18-2021, 06:41 PM
My pride and joy. Fresh of the assembly line. 2021 mojo
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/a873f4bb944468eef687cdae82f7b7bf.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/d0a029f9e6bc5e632c55583b5605a748.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/33fde3604c8f63903048cd915db3693a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/da94f6ebbfb850e50d524f99cf2c0bdb.jpg

Emilware
07-18-2021, 06:43 PM
First modification. The shifter knob
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/8207ad3d2b9990fcfc8da2d87fae75bc.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/bf5631ea4608cc35e5e5bf1763bd270b.jpg

trayson
07-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Visiting the family in Houston and enjoying some Texas hospitality with a couple of boat days.

The SA wave is great. Had a blast behind that boat. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/a1529f70e3f95fb11bb0a678b3c08bc0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/5551ad48844ba16017cf8f6fdd3be3c9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/c20afa1a525582237ba185f7d4c487fa.jpg

RC_Hinojosa
07-18-2021, 06:54 PM
I can only hope they drop Fusion HUs for 2022...

trayson
07-18-2021, 06:55 PM
The 2021 SE with 1400 pounds of lead & 8 people is INSANE. The amenities of the new Supra are mind blowing.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/a0923b73416014b0bdb9de7ec25be486.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/69b5c5e029bd21a631dc2ba3dfe15b2d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/08560279bd41a404a402bc0fc59f06e3.jpg

larry_arizona
07-18-2021, 07:09 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210718/d300fdc5f97900a369c8d21b021383fe.jpg
Sunday shredding!!!

HFarr
07-18-2021, 08:18 PM
Awesome pics! All of you! And beautiful new boat! I like that shiny shift knob!

Launch21V
07-18-2021, 10:50 PM

Great color choices. Beautiful boat!

Emilware
07-18-2021, 10:51 PM
Thank you!!! It was a nail biter until it showed up.

haknslash
07-19-2021, 06:53 AM

Nice and congrats! Boat looks sharp!! That looks like one of my dealership locations. Is that Skiers Marine in Westover?

Emilware
07-19-2021, 07:58 AM
Nice and congrats! Boat looks sharp!! That looks like one of my dealership locations. Is that Skiers Marine in Westover?

That is exactly where I got my boat from.

haknslash
07-19-2021, 12:57 PM
That is exactly where I got my boat from.

I bought my Max from the Westover store as well. Greg was my salesman. You’re in good hands with Skiers Marine. I use the Lake Martin store now that I keep my boat down there. Are you on the Coosa (Lay, Mitchell etc)?

Bigs28
07-19-2021, 02:03 PM
Emilware, ours looks the same on the outside.

Had family in from Ohio this past week. None of the kids had ever surfed and almost all of them dropped the rope by their second run.

Emilware
07-19-2021, 02:27 PM
Emilware, ours looks the same on the outside.

Had family in from Ohio this past week. None of the kids had ever surfed and almost all of them dropped the rope by their second run.

That’s awesome!!! Love the blue!!!

HFarr
07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
Man Bigs, that is cool! How old are they? I like the hoodie!

Bigs28
07-19-2021, 03:16 PM
He's 5 and yes always long sleeves with hoods.

We had kids from 5 to 17 over last week.

HFarr
07-19-2021, 06:16 PM
That is awesome that you got him up like that. Take much instruction time? My 19 year old son got up with my friends 8 yr old daughter standing between his legs on the board. We were not able to get her up by herself.

Bigs28
07-19-2021, 06:23 PM
He's been wakeboarding since he was 2 and surfing since he was 3. We started on a versa board with all the kids which really helped them. All my nieces and nephews had no problem once they got up since they had practiced standing and holding the rope on the versa board first.

HFarr
07-19-2021, 07:23 PM
He's been wakeboarding since he was 2 and surfing since he was 3. We started on a versa board with all the kids which really helped them. All my nieces and nephews had no problem once they got up since they had practiced standing and holding the rope on the versa board first.That makes sense

Schlanseay
07-19-2021, 09:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210720/5e7540146196b361b62e07d1774d5834.jpg

Ironman10
07-19-2021, 11:52 PM
Picked up the new Makai on Saturday and been having a blast since!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210720/3b88ba0229dbd76ade6714c0afcefc34.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210720/e49a3b5188be690920cb5da0e0fe8859.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210720/7c383719afeed84d335d9eadd0643c6d.jpg

haknslash
07-20-2021, 05:38 AM
Great pics everyone! We’ve been having probably one of the wettest summers I can remember that it’s getting real old having the weekends turn into a washout. I’m we haven’t been on the water in about a month!

HFarr
07-20-2021, 08:15 AM
Picked up the new Makai on Saturday and been having a blast since!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210720/3b88ba0229dbd76ade6714c0afcefc34.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210720/e49a3b5188be690920cb5da0e0fe8859.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210720/7c383719afeed84d335d9eadd0643c6d.jpgBeautiful Makai! We have enjoyed ours over the last few months for sure. What lake do you ride?

Ironman10
07-20-2021, 09:20 AM
Beautiful Makai! We have enjoyed ours over the last few months for sure. What lake do you ride?

We store on Allatoona so are there mostly. We are camping on the south end of Lanier this week. How about you?

Emilware
07-20-2021, 10:14 AM

Love the colors!!!

HFarr
07-20-2021, 05:26 PM
We store on Allatoona so are there mostly. We are camping on the south end of Lanier this week. How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCurrently on Lake Blackshear. I used to live in Marietta and have jetskied almost every inch of Allatoona way back in the day. We always used to put in at Clarks creek. Awesome lake!

RC_Hinojosa
07-21-2021, 08:29 PM
My contribution for July....

Not on the lake but pool time is much welcomed [emoji846]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210722/5e4df398f33de3492b8069019a4f526c.jpg

HFarr
07-21-2021, 09:08 PM
Hey if it's water it's good! Especially if the kids are smiling!

sandm
07-21-2021, 11:07 PM

LOVE that boat. would be pretty darn close to the exact colors we wanted to order......

Josh828
07-22-2021, 09:39 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210722/4878b876668ac113c03f4fed6dc51111.jpg
If you park right in the middle, you can duel fuel haha
Local wal mart was dead and someone was on the outside I usually use so why not

RC_Hinojosa
07-22-2021, 09:40 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210722/4878b876668ac113c03f4fed6dc51111.jpg
If you park right in the middle, you can duel fuel haha
Local wal mart was dead and someone was on the outside I usually use so why notG2 fuel pumps...love it [emoji618] [emoji23]

Josh828
07-22-2021, 09:53 AM
G2 fuel pumps...love it [emoji618] [emoji23]

Yeah everyone is so worried about their fill times but who cares about the fill time is once you are on the water, I'm looking to minimize my time getting ON the water hahah
Actually looking to reduce the amount of time the local druggie population asking how fast is it? and how their buddies bass tracker runs 70

larry_arizona
07-22-2021, 09:55 AM
Only thing better would have been a two deep pump set up......

One nozzle in truck
Two nozzles in boat.

My truck is 36 gallon, boat is 60 gallon so they would all finish at about same time if I started truck nozzle first.

SONIC
07-22-2021, 09:59 AM
Yeah everyone is so worried about their fill times but who cares about the fill time is once you are on the water, I'm looking to minimize my time getting ON the water hahah
Actually looking to reduce the amount of time the local druggie population asking how fast is it? and how their buddies bass tracker runs 70

LMAO
Those are my favorite. I get them every time I fuel up and every time I'm at the ramp.
Also "Shiiit how many horsepower that thing got?"
I just say "It's not nearly as fast as a bass boat" smile and look down while continuing what I'm doing.

2in2out
07-22-2021, 10:06 AM
LMAO
Those are my favorite. I get them every time I fuel up and every time I'm at the ramp.
Also "Shiiit how many horsepower that thing got?"
I just say "It's not nearly as fast as a bass boat" smile and look down while continuing what I'm doing.

My rule is don’t make eye contact with the mutants or their pets. I have a pretty solid resting Dick face that usually keeps the meth banter to a minimum.

Currently boatless

RC_Hinojosa
07-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Only thing better would have been a two deep pump set up......

One nozzle in truck
Two nozzles in boat.

My truck is 36 gallon, boat is 60 gallon so they would all finish at about same time if I started truck nozzle first.

Or the diesel option....

Two nozzles in boat, one in truck, one in aux bed tank [emoji16]

also.... 2022 Mojo tank is 70 gallons.

Josh828
07-22-2021, 10:58 AM
Or the diesel option....

Two nozzles in boat, one in truck, one in aux bed tank [emoji16]

also.... 2022 Mojo tank is 70 gallons.

I thought my 21 mojo was 70 gallons? 65? idk I've never let it go below a half couldn't financially recover if I did.
And I have worked it out at stations to fill the truck and the boat at the same time but man the trifecta would be amazing haha

sleek98
07-22-2021, 11:02 AM
I thought my 21 mojo was 70 gallons? 65? idk I've never let it go below a half couldn't financially recover if I did.
And I have worked it out at stations to fill the truck and the boat at the same time but man the trifecta would be amazing haha

Did this at costco at the start of the season. One in the suburban and 2 in the boat. The station attendant was not happy I took up 4 pump spaces, but said I was a paying customer on 3 pumps so leave me alone. It was a week day at 8:30 in the morning and there were 2 other people with 20ish pumps.

Schlanseay
07-22-2021, 04:39 PM
LOVE that boat. would be pretty darn close to the exact colors we wanted to order......

Thank you! It’s spit on for us, just wish I could get a surfable wave out of it!

Bigs28
07-22-2021, 07:18 PM
Thank you! It’s spit on for us, just wish I could get a surfable wave out of it!

Fill all bags to 100%. Make sure all the air is vented from rear bags and they are solid with water overflowing out the sides. Turn off auto wake. Set cruise to 10.5. You will be able to surf with just a driver in the boat no problem. From there you can customize your wave.

HFarr
07-22-2021, 07:57 PM
My 21 year model Makai is 60 gallon. The question I always get is " Dang, I bet that thing is fast as hell!". I used to say no, but I could pull your house down. Now I just say yeah it's fast!

eder10986
07-22-2021, 08:45 PM
Cousin was here to visit just to surf and wakeboard and we were out on the lake 11/12 days. I’m exhausted and extremely well tanned!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/fb43f6b4fca6cb370b6f28bb1240351e.jpg

HFarr
07-22-2021, 08:51 PM
Cousin was here to visit just to surf and wakeboard and we were out on the lake 11/12 days. I’m exhausted and extremely well tanned!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/fb43f6b4fca6cb370b6f28bb1240351e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat lake?

eder10986
07-22-2021, 08:59 PM
Hyco lake in NC

Emilware
07-23-2021, 11:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210724/406aeec3d602c3aa8ed2220a6c1db2c8.jpg

Love the wake behind this boat. And more importantly she loves it too.

haknslash
07-24-2021, 02:30 PM

What lake are y’all on? Nice wave :cool:

HFarr
07-24-2021, 10:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLooks like you got it dialed in! How many people on the boat?

jordankmc
07-25-2021, 02:17 PM
Picked this one up Friday! Love it.

HFarr
07-25-2021, 02:37 PM
Picked this one up Friday! Love it.Awesome!! Looks great! You guys are going to enjoy it!

Holdmybeer
07-25-2021, 04:38 PM
Norris dump...Clinch River area is awesome.

Dock

Glass once you pass Lone Shore Dock...went for 2 miles

New skim board...1st run

996scott
07-25-2021, 04:40 PM
Picked this one up Friday! Love it.

Congrats, looks great.

WildH
07-25-2021, 07:13 PM

What blue is that? Ultra metallic?

KnoxMojo
07-26-2021, 06:50 AM
Norris dump...Clinch River area is awesome.

Dock

Glass once you pass Lone Shore Dock...went for 2 miles

New skim board...1st run

Dude! You nailed that goofy wave setup! Looks awesome!!!! Hope you guys had a blast. Great looking boat.

Holdmybeer
07-26-2021, 08:08 AM
Dude! You nailed that goofy wave setup! Looks awesome!!!! Hope you guys had a blast. Great looking boat.

Thanks for the advise. Sorry we couldn't meet up. We had so much going on it didn't even feel like a week, more like 3 days. Ended up with food poisoning from eating at 1 of the marinas, so Thursday was a complete wash. We are already looking for a different place to rent next year. With Norris being so nice, it should be a meet-up event.

bergermaister
07-27-2021, 12:05 PM
Rough day at sea. Can you jump a surfboard? Eh, sure go for it. For reference this nut I call my son is 6'5"..

https://i.imgur.com/LgQbseh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1UtNPRI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jVEMFce.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6CbBZhB.jpg

SONIC
07-27-2021, 12:21 PM
Couple from this weekend
https://i.imgur.com/Dc6GnrL.png
https://i.imgur.com/HSPjpxw.png

MJHSupra
07-27-2021, 05:39 PM
Norris Lake AM sessions last week.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/c645966e1271a8cb405e43f073bc5e35.jpg

MJHSupra
07-27-2021, 05:40 PM
Kids came out every AM.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/02df764819e96914b37ad8e5a5793209.jpg

MJHSupra
07-27-2021, 05:42 PM
Golf cart down to the dock.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/ded14f8de3459940b82ac30a07eb9244.jpg

MJHSupra
07-27-2021, 05:43 PM
Make room on the Supra SL

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/ee753b0027997837d5a1237f7a4dc844.jpg

MJHSupra
07-27-2021, 05:44 PM
Those 11 year olds just wanted to keep boarding.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/026ede3a6472e91d22224849bd85cedc.jpg

MJHSupra
07-27-2021, 05:47 PM
Some surf sessions

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/b3b841792c3d9a2c72fcecbda8050a79.jpg

MJHSupra
07-27-2021, 05:48 PM
Some late nights in the party cove.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/84204d8c5075e4951b36aec79afd4bd9.jpg

Emilware
07-27-2021, 05:48 PM
Looks like you got it dialed in! How many people on the boat?

Not many. Three adults one teenager and two little kids. But the biggest change was putting in kinetic air release valve on my ballast bags. This allows them to fill up 100%. And I don’t even have to burp them now.

Schlanseay
07-27-2021, 08:25 PM
What blue is that? Ultra metallic?

It’s Pacific Blue!

HFarr
07-27-2021, 08:58 PM
Not many. Three adults one teenager and two little kids. But the biggest change was putting in kinetic air release valve on my ballast bags. This allows them to fill up 100%. And I don’t even have to burp them now.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCan you take a picture of what you are talking about? Or is it in another post?

HFarr
07-27-2021, 09:06 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLooks like y'all are having an awesome time!!

Emilware
07-27-2021, 09:34 PM
Can you take a picture of what you are talking about? Or is it in another post?

Here it is. It lets the air escape but as soon as water gets to it a little ball inside closes the outlet. The when you drain the bags it will let the air in so you can get all of the water out on your ride home.

Just screw it in place of one of the plugs.

Waba Air Relief Valve 3/4" Air & Vacuum Relief Valve for Water Saving Agriculture Drip Irrigation System Protected Outlet 1pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084G34NPD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Y5C8TP2DKRFY7MGCY997

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210728/125ce5291decb2c95d46266fe41c0d8d.jpg

WildH
07-27-2021, 10:33 PM
Thanks! Trying to get an idea what these look like in real life pictures vs the online builder.

WildH
07-27-2021, 10:34 PM
Here it is. It lets the air escape but as soon as water gets to it a little ball inside closes the outlet. The when you drain the bags it will let the air in so you can get all of the water out on your ride home.

Waba Air Relief Valve 3/4" Air & Vacuum Relief Valve for Water Saving Agriculture Drip Irrigation System Protected Outlet 1pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084G34NPD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Y5C8TP2DKRFY7MGCY997

Nice find!

bergermaister
07-28-2021, 01:11 AM

Wait a minute - is that you or are you just close personal friends with Diesel Dave?

https://files.famousmormons.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/diesel-brothers-diesel-dave-bio-2.jpg

RC_Hinojosa
07-28-2021, 07:22 AM
Wait a minute - is that you or are you just close personal friends with Diesel Dave?

https://files.famousmormons.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/diesel-brothers-diesel-dave-bio-2.jpg[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

HFarr
07-28-2021, 09:38 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks! I am going to give them a try! How tall is it? Do you know if it hits your storage tray? Don't think it would matter if it did.

RC_Hinojosa
07-28-2021, 10:14 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWas this for Wake the World??

I wish the Houston chapter was more organized...had a lot of fun in the past.

MJHSupra
07-28-2021, 02:02 PM
Was this for Wake the World??

I wish the Houston chapter was more organized...had a lot of fun in the past.

Just some Supra boat friends out for a morning ride. Start adding kids and friends of kids, numbers add up quick.

A lot of the Supra/Moomba people around Knoxville all know one another. Like your TX jam peeps.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210728/380b4f8f99d7a713833ec18d59337d66.jpg

996scott
07-28-2021, 04:26 PM
We took some friends out with some young ones and had a ball. I was surfing with this little guy and then he decided he wanted to sit down on the board. It was pretty funny. My son took the little girl for her first ride ever as well. She couldn't decide if she liked it or not :)

HFarr
07-28-2021, 05:58 PM
That's awesome! My son and one of his friends did the same thing this past weekend with one of my friends kids. They thought these guys were heros! Lots of fun to take little kids out! And these boys were really good sports to do this with them. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210728/ec98d0cf6d02b5cda136b2d24ba1f7d6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210728/00e770089329d8112c159a0c46b6fe9d.jpg

RC_Hinojosa
07-28-2021, 05:59 PM
Just some Supra boat friends out for a morning ride. Start adding kids and friends of kids, numbers add up quick.

A lot of the Supra/Moomba people around Knoxville all know one another. Like your TX jam peeps.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210728/380b4f8f99d7a713833ec18d59337d66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's awesome [emoji41]

It's great to share the stoke....kiddos light up with excitement to learn and grow. [emoji1687]

Hayden
07-29-2021, 06:00 PM
Finally landed my first 360!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77UtFgsZms&ab_channel=HaydenBreeze

2in2out
07-29-2021, 10:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77UtFgsZms&ab_channel=HaydenBreeze

Well done! I haven’t experienced the feeling yet.

What lake were you on? Looks downwind of one of the fires somewhere out this way.

Currently boatless

Hayden
07-29-2021, 10:54 PM
Well done! I haven’t experienced the feeling yet.

What lake were you on? Looks downwind of one of the fires somewhere out this way.

We're on Windermere Lake in B.C., Canada. The whole province is pretty much on fire at the moment.

With regards to 360's, I started watching vids and attempting them 4 years back. One of the first tutorial videos I watched said something like, "this is attempt #131, don't give up!". Felt amazing to finally get it but definitely a humbling journey.

Emilware
07-30-2021, 08:18 AM
What lake are y’all on? Nice wave :cool:

We are on Logan Martin in Alabama

Bigs28
07-30-2021, 09:09 AM
Pretty epic on the 360. Congrats

HFarr
07-30-2021, 10:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77UtFgsZms&ab_channel=HaydenBreezeNice Job!! My kids have been trying and haven't gotten it yet. Always slide off the back and lose the wave. Gonna show them this!

cozilla
07-30-2021, 10:47 AM
Just watched your vid on YouTube Hayden! Great job. I am working on them as well.

SONIC
07-30-2021, 10:57 AM
Nice! It's a great feeling landing that first one!
The thing that got me able to do a 360 was repeating to myself "Spin 180, then look at the boat"

DDNorCal
07-30-2021, 06:00 PM
The 360 is my White Whale. I have done it once, easy peasy, and not been able to repeat. 29965

Hayden
07-30-2021, 07:38 PM
The thing that got me able to do a 360 was repeating to myself "Spin 180, then look at the boat"

This is exactly how I started thinking about it.

haknslash
07-31-2021, 09:10 PM
Got to our rental lake house today for a long week of Lake Martin vacation boating! Of course as soon as we arrived and unloaded the truck the bottom dropped out. Picking up the boat from storage first thing in the morning. I’m at a nice little surf spot on the lake away from all the busy spots.

https://i.imgur.com/imKVw4Y.jpg

trayson
08-02-2021, 03:31 PM
Drove to a reservoir way out in Idaho. Nearest gas was 10-20 miles away. And zero cell service.
But Campsites with electric and water hookups for $16 a night right on the water!

Water temps were 78-82 degrees and it was smooth all day long. Best part was that we were literally the only boat we ever saw doing watersports. There were a few others in the campground but we would be on the water all day and MAYBE would catch rollers from a passing fishing boat a couple times a day. Beyond that, it was like having a private lake. Three pic with the smoke haze was taken at 4pm!

Air temps were in the 90s. Although it was still in the mid 80s when we went to sleep, so AC was a must. Didn't even bother with the gas fire pit we brought.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210802/82f07c8e85d1b6e8efa16d0e2140a5e4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210802/ae89ebb5522cbcad5e14f7fa55eda2df.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210802/b6f58d8803f18018f08b59146ca13ed5.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210802/d05917568a5af2f60123670173264bad.jpg

trayson
08-02-2021, 03:59 PM
It was just my wife, son and I on the trip, so we had my son (15) do a lot more of the driving--at least when I was surfing or wakeboarding. At one point, I nailed two 360s in a row and the wife had her face burried in her phone and missed it! I gave her a hard time, so she started recording. What else could I do besides bust out three 360s in a row! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8euw0ODSg

HFarr
08-02-2021, 05:27 PM
It was just my wife, son and I on the trip, so we had my son (15) do a lot more of the driving--at least when I was surfing or wakeboarding. At one point, I nailed two 360s in a row and the wife had her face burried in her phone and missed it! I gave her a hard time, so she started recording. What else could I do besides bust out three 360s in a row! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8euw0ODSgAwesome!!! But I say you do 4 360's! LOL![emoji16]. And that's a great wave for a small crew!!

trayson
08-02-2021, 05:46 PM
Awesome!!! But I say you do 4 360's! LOL![emoji16]. And that's a great wave for a small crew!!

I crashed on the 4th! LOL.

Yeah, we've been happy with the wave. even though I think it was passively draining the playpen bag on that trip w/o us realizing! UGH! Always something to fix/upgrade.

Emilware
08-02-2021, 07:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8euw0ODSg

Awesome job !!! What board are you using?

trayson
08-02-2021, 08:08 PM
Awesome job !!! What board are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk4'6 Doomswell Nubstep with the John Grom fins. Love it!

And who says you can't 360 on a surf style board?!

Hayden
08-02-2021, 08:21 PM
Are the John Groms 6"? That's awesome dude. Sweet looking wave as well.

trayson
08-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Are the John Groms 6"? That's awesome dude. Sweet looking wave as well.4.31" I guess?

https://futuresfins.com/products/grom-john-honeycomb

mgswake
08-02-2021, 08:38 PM
Trayson, nice riding. Is that why you’ve been a little MIA? Been away practicing?

2in2out
08-02-2021, 08:40 PM
I crashed on the 4th! LOL.

Yeah, we've been happy with the wave. even though I think it was passively draining the playpen bag on that trip w/o us realizing! UGH! Always something to fix/upgrade.

Time to revive the “Old Guy 360” thread?

Currently boatless

trayson
08-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Trayson, nice riding. Is that why you’ve been a little MIA? Been away practicing?LoL. Maybe. I'm still at it. Just get sucked into FB more and forget about this site!

But we're still getting after it. The kid is growing up and riding my board now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210803/0920c9f1824c615587e590fbb733f555.jpg