PDA

View Full Version : engine

jqrk
07-08-2003, 01:02 AM
I have a 2000 boomerang It has the 310hp Carberated Indmar V8 with about 10 hours on it. Last year I had it out on the lake and the engine went dead It would turn over but would not crank . Called and talked with the service department and the said that it was the coil. They sent me a new one and I echanged them took out the boat this week and it started and was runing and quit again mean time now my warranty ran out 3 weeks ago and I cant get it started.If you can help me it would be great !!
Thank You
Kelly

waterboy
07-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Can you give more details on what the symptoms are? When you turn the key what happens....does the engine turn over but not fire?
With such low hours on it, the problem might be related to the boat sitting for so long without being run once in a while.

Brian

jqrk
07-08-2003, 11:01 PM
The engine turns over but it will not start.

Catdog1
07-09-2003, 07:42 PM
You might remove the distributor cap and look at the condition of the terminal nodes on the inside, also, the metal edge of the then-exposed rotor. Its an easy check to make... but usually the motor will at least fire a little bit even if corroded.

Brian Raymond
07-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Verify that you are getting batt. voltage to the fuel pump in crank and run positions. If no voltage is seen, check the oil press./fuel pump relay switch just port and under the distributor. This is added, so if no oil press. is seen, it will cut of the fuel pump so damage can not be done to the motor. These 3 prong switches can go bad, and is easily replaceable. If batt. voltage is detected during crank and run, chances are there is gunk build up in the sensitive rotary pump, which can't be rebuilt, and must be replaced. When a boat sits with unstabilized fuel for 60-90 days, the fuel will evaporate, and a varnish will build up. This is extremely stressful on these pumps. This same build up occurs inside the carb. on the floats, needles and seats, and in the power valve and jets, as well as the air orafaces. Once you get the boat going again, verify that you don't have any other performance issues, if you do, it may be carb. rebuild time. Hope this helps, good luck. Brian Raymond

jqrk
07-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your help it turns out tha the ignition control module is out. John