PDA

View Full Version : Add Norris Lake to your bucket list

larry_arizona
06-24-2021, 04:05 PM
If you haven’t visited Norris, I highly recommend it. Perfect for wake boats.

I want to thank KnoxMojo (Scott) for helping me set up this trip many months ago with awesome advice.

Scott joined us on the boat this morning and shredded some wicked tricks on the wakeboard (omg the inverts!!!!), helped my son learn some new moves on the wakeboard, helped me surf rope-less for the first time and helped me dial the new SA wake to perfection.

Scott is GREAT company, full of knowledge that is much appreciated. We hope to come back to Norris next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh828
06-24-2021, 04:43 PM
I have plans to go up there at some point have a friend with a camper on the lake so this is encouraging for the almost 3hr drive!

Im pretty partial to Lake James here in western NC. Water is 60'+ water temp has been 80-85 all month

Going to get on watauga lake TN later this summer as its about the same just water temps are colder.
Should be on Boone lake TN which is a smaller lake that feeds off of watauga later in the year as they are just repairing the dam

But after going to lake Norman NC a few times I really appreciate the smaller mountain lakes. Deep water, no wind.

Will compare to Norris hopefully by the end of the summer

larry_arizona
06-24-2021, 05:48 PM
Water temps are 84 currently, almost too warm.

Norris is surrounded by valleys of trees and it’s easy to find flat water, even if breeze kicks up.

Bigs28
06-24-2021, 06:17 PM
Renting one of the floating house/ house boats for a week vacation on Norris is on my list. Ive been to Norris a few times but not with a wake boat

jnr4817
06-24-2021, 06:44 PM
I’m in Nashville and would love help setting up a week long trip.

larry_arizona
06-24-2021, 08:42 PM
I’m in Nashville and would love help setting up a week long trip.

We did a Airbnb on the clinch river side close to beach island marina and Bubba brews.

I believe the clinch river side is more chill and the Powell side is more rowdy.

haknslash
06-24-2021, 09:45 PM
How was the debris? I’ve read it can have some logs. I hope to visit it one week.

larry_arizona
06-24-2021, 09:47 PM
Clear today, and it only happens in certain areas

Holdmybeer
06-25-2021, 09:39 AM
Super pumped with this info. I'm there in a couple weeks.

We always rent a house on the lake from VRBO. It is 3 families so cost isn't horrible with splitting.

korey
06-25-2021, 10:31 AM
We went to Norris for the first time the week after Labor day last year. It was like a ghost town after labor day! I wakeboarded down the main lake at 2pm on that Saturday...

Lots of awesome AirBNB/VRBO options on the water. So much of the lake lined with private docks made it a little difficult to get used to compared to our home lake, but once we found the big middle part of the lake it ON!

It looks like we're going to try to do it again this year. That weekend is a big powerboat weekend on our home lake (Lake Cumberland) so it's nice to get out, VRBO our house there and go somewhere different to start my favorite part of the boating season: September!

rdlangston13
06-25-2021, 11:20 AM
Water temps are 84 currently, almost too warm.

Norris is surrounded by valleys of trees and it’s easy to find flat water, even if breeze kicks up.

84 is too warm???? My wife won’t get in unless it’s at least 82.

Prospersigman
06-28-2021, 04:01 PM
Freaking Northerners...84 is never too warm :cool:

[QUOTE=larry_arizona;369844]Water temps are 84 currently, almost too warm.

larry_arizona
06-28-2021, 05:17 PM
Apparently it’s what you are used to LOL.