PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Moomba models?

cpropes2005
06-23-2021, 12:16 PM
A fair bit of chatter on here about the new SL coming for 2022. Anyone have any insight into which Moomba models will be refreshed?

larry_arizona
06-23-2021, 03:13 PM
I don’t think there are any “new” Moombas this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blay127
06-23-2021, 04:05 PM
Going to buy a new boat before changing your signature from your last boat. 8)

HFarr
06-23-2021, 04:07 PM
You have a 2020 Makai now?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

cpropes2005
06-23-2021, 10:22 PM
Going to buy a new boat before changing your signature from your last boat. 8)

Lol, nope just need to know if there is anything coming that might be tempting.

cpropes2005
06-23-2021, 10:27 PM
You have a 2020 Makai now?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, love it too and have it pretty well dialed in so no reason to think about upgrading other than what my wife would call “having a problem”.

Would love to have cool tech vinyl and maybe another tower option but not ready to make the jump to an SE.

larry_arizona
06-30-2021, 10:40 AM
Last week during my factory tour, SC starts building 2022’s Tuesday July 5th.

Pics and info on 2022’s should start trickling out.

Prospersigman
06-30-2021, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately, Supra/Moomba/Skiers Choice is always the last to release new model information to the public...literally always last. Maybe this year will be different as most dealers don't have left over stock to try and sell so they can release the information without hurting dealers trying to push out the last remaining models sitting on the floor.

Prospersigman
06-30-2021, 04:49 PM
For example, Nautique has already released the information for its upcoming 2022 model year changes.

larry_arizona
06-30-2021, 04:55 PM
I have not seen much from the other brands to be fair.

The G and GS boats get a new tower (manual included, power variant optional), the G can also get the telescoping Paragon tower optioned.

sandm
06-30-2021, 09:03 PM
I have not seen much from the other brands to be fair.

prosp is right. skiers is ALWAYS at the tail end of announcements for the upcoming model year. has been that way for as long as I have been on here. Seems that the info always ends up leaking out other ways.

great thing is they have enough business/fan base that it doesn't really matter for most of the general population. Dealers get enough firsthand to share what they need to continue to move product. it's more a gripe for those on here jones'in to talk new boats :)

Dank
07-01-2021, 10:54 AM
…Hearing from others on another forum (all but verified, prices quoted).. that they are ordering 2022’s and rear flip up seats and chill tech are available options on some 2022 moomba models (makai, mojo). Max supposedly getting flow 3.

SC says info should be available on the site mid July.

Mobius22
07-01-2021, 11:07 AM
I'd expect probably late July or early August for new model year info to update on the site. Your dealers have all the new changes if you're looking to order.

Moomba_Allie
07-01-2021, 11:18 AM
We hope to launch MY2022 Moomba's Early August!! Stay Tuned for some Exciting stuff!!

RickT
07-01-2021, 04:18 PM
We hope to launch MY2022 Moomba's Early August!! Stay Tuned for some Exciting stuff!!

Welcome to the site, Moomba_Allie!

Josh828
07-01-2021, 05:51 PM
If the mojo gets flip up seats and chill tech quite frankly I'm going to be upset haha
Also if that is true give a guy a heads up might sale and reorder hahahaha
With the boat market the way it is might be a free upgrade

Vanfamkaiyen
07-01-2021, 09:37 PM
The gap between moomba and Supra seems to be closing every single year.... moomba will soon be a “luxury” wakeboat!

larry_arizona
07-01-2021, 09:43 PM
The gap between moomba and Supra seems to be closing every single year.... moomba will soon be a “luxury” wakeboat!

Moomba is a fxone tower away from a Supra.

Holdmybeer
07-02-2021, 06:43 AM
Moomba is a fxone tower away from a Supra.

That and $40K+

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 07:57 AM
That and $40K+

I bet a loaded out 22 mojo is closer than $40k to an SA.

uniwarking
07-02-2021, 08:13 AM
There might be a few other differences driving that cost gap lol, but Moomba is certainly a "premium value" boat. All the dealers in my state are telling me they can't get a Supra for me in '22 so another Mojo is likely in my future (or another brand). It is awesome to see the growth in both of the SC brands and the industry in general... lots has changed since I bought my '13 Mojo. Especially base price!

Holdmybeer
07-02-2021, 09:33 AM
I bet a loaded out 22 mojo is closer than $40k to an SA.

I know '22 models are going to to up in cost, so not trying to argue that. However, looking at '21 pricing, the bases of the 2 have a $64K gap ($79k vs $143K) between them now. That is a whole lot of upgrades to a Mojo to see that price. $24k in upgrades to get to within the $40k mark I mentioned is doable but then you add options to the SA and you are back to my original comment.

I know with dealer incentives, and discounts, boat show pricing, etc. (if these even exist anymore) you could get a deal, but still.

But let's not pretend the cost difference and value these Moomba's have is not incredible. Most of Supra's tech for an "entry level" wake boat.

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 09:43 AM
You can’t look at base MSRP’s comparing Moomba and Supra.

You need to option them as close as possible to compare, in other words, load up a Moomba and compare to a base Supra.

Josh828
07-02-2021, 09:45 AM
I know '22 models are going to to up in cost, so not trying to argue that. However, looking at '21 pricing, the bases of the 2 have a $64K gap ($79k vs $143K) between them now. That is a whole lot of upgrades to a Mojo to see that price. $24k in upgrades to get to within the $40k mark I mentioned is doable but then you add options to the SA and you are back to my original comment.

I know with dealer incentives, and discounts, boat show pricing, etc. (if these even exist anymore) you could get a deal, but still.

But let's not pretend the cost difference and value these Moomba's have is not incredible. Most of Supra's tech for an "entry level" wake boat.

A COMPLETELY loaded 2021 Mojo is $125,240 not that I would know of the top of my head or anything..

Holdmybeer
07-02-2021, 10:13 AM
A COMPLETELY loaded 2021 Mojo is $125,240 not that I would know of the top of my head or anything..

A loaded up SA, is $171,040....again over $45k in price difference. Takes Josh's number compared to a BASE SA (how many people buy that) and you are still at $20k price difference.

I'm not here to argue. From another post, I would be looking at an SA or SL over a new Moomba myself. I'm ok with the price difference, as fit and finish, thrusters, dry weight, swell system, etc., etc., etc. I would be willing to pay for.

I think Uniwarking is feeling like me though. If I sell my Mojo, I'm UPGRADING.....hahaha

Vanfamkaiyen
07-02-2021, 10:16 AM

This is why I ultimately ended up jumping up to the SA. The options I wanted on the mojo were getting closer and closer to the base SA price.... throw in chill tech and some other options for 2022 and it gets even closer... obviously moombas are still cheaper and the tech in them is far superior to the competition but with all that tech and associated price increases they’re starting to creep into the “luxury” category! The MAX is still in that “value” range but even it keeps getting nicer and nicer... not that that’s a bad thing! So if you’re ok without the options then you can still stay sub $100k. I just can’t get myself to not select those options haha..

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 10:22 AM
No arguements here, more of just my perspective.

As others have said, if you can swing a Supra, DO IT!! You will not be disappointed.

RC_Hinojosa
07-02-2021, 11:05 AM
For sure, if you can comfortably do the Supra, go for it.

I wanted to go SA after my wife helped convince me to let go of our Craz.

Everyone has particular boat rules and her's were no diapers in the Supra...I can't argue with that as OCD as I am....even if it means running a Mojo until the girls are a bit older.

"But you can hose out either" some might say....there still a huge mental barrier at the thought of littles trashing a very big purchase.

We'll get ours in a few years when the girls are less panic-attack inducing [emoji28]

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 11:15 AM
For sure, if you can comfortably do the Supra, go for it.

I wanted to go SA after my wife helped convince me to let go of our Craz.

Everyone has particular boat rules and her's were no diapers in the Supra...I can't argue with that as OCD as I am....even if it means running a Mojo until the girls are a bit older.

"But you can hose out either" some might say....there still a huge mental barrier at the thought of littles trashing a very big purchase.

We'll get ours in a few years when the girls are less panic-attack inducing [emoji28]

RC,

From a business decision standpoint.......you are maybe 1-2 years from being rid of diapers, possibly less by the time you actually get your boat built......

Having just spent a week in Norris lake, the SA interior cleans up really easy. Hosed it out with some RAD on the floor, wiped seats down with diluted dawn and it’s like new.

Supra prices will be 200k plus in a few more years at the going rates, I would buy the SA now brother.

I love spending other people’s money.

Holdmybeer
07-02-2021, 11:37 AM
RC,

Supra prices will be 200k plus in a few more years at the going rates, I would buy the SA now brother.

You know he is right, right? LMAO

TXSurf4
07-02-2021, 12:00 PM
RC,

From a business decision standpoint.......you are maybe 1-2 years from being rid of diapers, possibly less by the time you actually get your boat built......

Having just spent a week in Norris lake, the SA interior cleans up really easy. Hosed it out with some RAD on the floor, wiped seats down with diluted dawn and it’s like new.

Not disagreeing with this but do you think this market will hold?

MJHSupra
07-02-2021, 12:04 PM
Not disagreeing with this but do you think this market will hold?2022 is starting like 2021 on the demand side of the world.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Dank
07-02-2021, 12:05 PM
I have a deal with my kids (10/11) that when they get good enough to go pro, we’ll gladly buy a Supra. Until that time we are “slumming” it in a lowly Moomba!

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 12:11 PM
Not disagreeing with this but do you think this market will hold?

Other premium brands are well past 200k and fast approaching 300k, Supras are a significant value by comparison in the luxury market even if approaching $200k+

RC_Hinojosa
07-02-2021, 12:17 PM
RC,

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Your logic is completely sound....and I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't know that my CFO will agree. [emoji12]

If only I could demo a Supra....wanna come down for the TX Jam??

I legit have a waterfront room for you [emoji1420]

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Dude towing to Norris was far enough.

But I agree, get the CFO on a Supra and it will sell itself.

A black/green/black metallic green flake SA or SL would be [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91].

2in2out
07-02-2021, 12:48 PM
Dude towing to Norris was far enough.

But I agree, get the CFO on a Supra and it will sell itself.

A black/green/black metallic green flake SA or SL would be [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91].

My wife was so against spending the money on an SA, now she can’t fathom going backwards.

Now with heated one piece OB seat and steering wheel, thrusters, and floor cooler, we can’t go back. My only wish would be to have transom/tower camera and phone/GoPro integration that works and memory captains seat. 2023 can’t come fast enough.

Currently boatless

Vanfamkaiyen
07-02-2021, 01:07 PM
My wife was so against spending the money on an SA, now she can’t fathom going backwards.

Now with heated one piece OB seat and steering wheel, thrusters, and floor cooler, we can’t go back. My only wish would be to have transom/tower camera and phone/GoPro integration that works and memory captains seat. 2023 can’t come fast enough.

Currently boatless

I heard 2022 SA has new software for the vision control system with better integration, Sound deadening for the engine, 1.70:1 transmission, New flip over seat/table that raises up and better stereo tune to maximize the sound! The SL has a few more options in addition to the redesign...

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 01:11 PM
Transmission has been 1.76 already since mid 2019 on Supra’s

Vanfamkaiyen
07-02-2021, 01:15 PM
Transmission has been 1.76 already since mid 2019 on Supra’s

It’s going from 1.76:1 to a 1.70:1 (supposedly quieter with minimal difference in performance) at least on the 400/450 engines...

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 01:18 PM
It’s going from 1.76:1 to a 1.70:1 (supposedly quieter with minimal difference in performance) at least on the 400/450 engines...

Ahhhhh, very good

uniwarking
07-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Ha, I love how all these tidbits keep coming out! Just wish I could lock in a Supra build slot for '22.

Vanfamkaiyen
07-02-2021, 01:36 PM
Ha, I love how all these tidbits keep coming out! Just wish I could lock in a Supra build slot for '22.

Ya it’s kind of annoying... I wasn’t allowed to see pictures of anything... even though I have one on order!

Josh828
07-02-2021, 03:27 PM
I love my Moomba and fully believe for the money it is hands down the best boat possible.
However if I were jumping up into premium money I'm not sure it would be supra..

I mean I know its 50K more but have y'all seen the RI265..

Vanfamkaiyen
07-02-2021, 03:42 PM
I love my Moomba and fully believe for the money it is hands down the best boat possible.
However if I were jumping up into premium money I'm not sure it would be supra..

I looked at centurion but still think you get way more boat (and standard features) for the money with Supra, just like you do with Moomba!

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 03:57 PM

Absolutely cross shopped Centurion and it’s an outstanding boat, but they draft 10” deeper than a Supra and would be difficult to launch at some of the lakes I use.

If you boat on some rough lakes, centurion is a great choice.

Local dealer went under and nearest one is 4 hours away.

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 04:53 PM

Currently boatless

Latest captains seat has memory now.

Only for the previous position when you lowered the tower.

2in2out
07-02-2021, 05:24 PM
Latest captains seat has memory now.

Only for the previous position when you lowered the tower.

I’m hoping for user selectable, or preprogrammed, like in most cars for ‘23. My wife is so short it takes me a minute to get the seat to where my fat ass can fit in it.

Currently boatless

sandm
07-02-2021, 07:31 PM

surfed that last fall and I can tell you it's a BEAST. a floating living room. spent time on the 235 as well and it is the best wave I have surfed out of the box with no lead. with only 4 of us on the boat, it needed zero lead.

down side tho was having to stand up to drive. the bow rise on them is insane...

KnoxMojo
07-02-2021, 08:18 PM
I’m hoping for user selectable, or preprogrammed, like in most cars for ‘23. My wife is so short it takes me a minute to get the seat to where my fat ass can fit in it.

Currently boatless

Did your 2020 not have a menu for driver presets? Our 18 does, never gets used, but it's there.

2in2out
07-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Did your 2020 not have a menu for driver presets? Our 18 does, never gets used, but it's there.

If it did, I couldn’t find it. I went through every menu and option to learn the system, but never found driver presets.

Currently boatless

eder10986
07-02-2021, 09:37 PM
Our 17 does as well. My wife and I have separate profiles. I can’t see why a 2020+ wouldn’t have any…?

KnoxMojo
07-02-2021, 10:04 PM
If it did, I couldn’t find it. I went through every menu and option to learn the system, but never found driver presets.

Currently boatless

I should be on a 2020 or 2021 tomorrow, I will look to see. They may have removed it.

2in2out
07-02-2021, 10:16 PM
I should be on a 2020 or 2021 tomorrow, I will look to see. They may have removed it.

If you find it, let me know so I can kick my own ass for not finding it myself.

Currently boatless

larry_arizona
07-02-2021, 10:40 PM
I had a driver preset on my 18, nothing on my 21. Although, I don’t recall what it allowed you to preset on the seat position on the 18.

But I do like the auto down and back when you lower tower and it does remember the last seat position, I tore my seat on the 18 from tower crashing seat.

KnoxMojo
07-03-2021, 12:14 AM
I had a driver preset on my 18, nothing on my 21. Although, I don’t recall what it allowed you to preset on the seat position on the 18.

But I do like the auto down and back when you lower tower and it does remember the last seat position, I tore my seat on the 18 from tower crashing seat.

On the 18, the driver preset is for height, screen color, and heated seat off or on I think. That seat was manual front to back, so not a lot in that setting really.

2in, they may have taken it away, you see, like you knew your boat pretty well. I can't find the Vision control manual online to look right now either.

eder10986
07-03-2021, 08:48 AM
Yeah the 17 has settings for height, background color, background texture, and an array of lighting to choose from. I do like it because my wife likes the seat much higher than I do so it works great for us.

jcarter20
07-27-2021, 11:28 AM
Do you guys like the Chill tech seats? They talked my buddy out of it on his ‘21 G23. I felt like it was a no brainer option until I heard that. They told him it must be cleaned with the proper solution or you can remove the “chill tech coating”. That would not have changed my mind as I always use the recommended products anyway. They also acted like whatever this coating is would wear off overtime and it may not work as well. That was the first I had heard of that. I was wondering if he got some bad information.

larry_arizona
07-27-2021, 11:38 AM
Do you guys like the Chill tech seats? They talked my buddy out of it on his ‘21 G23. I felt like it was a no brainer option until I heard that. They told him it must be cleaned with the proper solution or you can remove the “chill tech coating”. That would not have changed my mind as I always use the recommended products anyway. They also acted like whatever this coating is would wear off overtime and it may not work as well. That was the first I had heard of that. I was wondering if he got some bad information.

Chill tech works for sure. It’s kinda strange, initial temps can get hot still, but add a breeze or add pressure to the surface and it drops 25F almost immediately.

The required cleaner is Dawn dish soap 30-1. It works great to clean vinyl.

I doubt the coating will wear off if you follow spraulding recommendations.

Is it worth the cost? Can’t answer that.

SONIC
07-27-2021, 11:39 AM

The chilltech is still new to market so none of us really know what's going to happen long term.
My semi-educated guess/opinion is that the Nautique guys are right. It's going to wear off over time even if you use only soap and water.
In the real world within 5 years everyone is going to have to use more than soap and water at some point IMO because it just won't get out every stain that pops up on a boat.

So far so good with mine, dawn only but it doesn't get sunscreen out well if at all so I've got sunscreen marks on my vinyl that I can't get off.
Several of the cleaners claim to be safe for it but I haven't seen any of them officially endorsed yet, hopefully they will. Until then I'll stick with soap and water until i get some horrendous stain that won't come out then all bets are off.

I love my chilltech, but I don't have high hopes for it long term. I don't see it lasting 20+ years well kept like traditional vinyl but hey hopefully I'm wrong!
It's also very supple and thin, which makes it feel great but again long term no high hopes for it holding up and not tearing and puncturing.

larry_arizona
07-27-2021, 11:51 AM
I will say so far the durability seems really good. I recall that 2019 PWT boat showed no damage and that interior was used hard with all the people and equipment on that boat.

I honestly don’t understand the sunscreen staining unless your crew is lathering up on the boat and sitting on vinyl with wet sunscreen or using the spray sunscreens.

I will say, I am really happy I have the chill tech but I didn’t have a choice on a Supra.

SONIC
07-27-2021, 11:57 AM
I will say so far the durability seems really good. I recall that 2019 PWT boat showed no damage and that interior was used hard with all the people and equipment on that boat.

I honestly don’t understand the sunscreen staining unless your crew is lathering up on the boat and sitting on vinyl with wet sunscreen or using the spray sunscreens.

I will say, I am really happy I have the chill tech but I didn’t have a choice on a Supra.

With 10 people on the boat for 10+ hours everyone has to reapply at some point several times throughout the day. I try to police it as best I can but invariably someone slathers it on grabs a beer forgets about it and sits down. It's unavoidable unless I'm a nazi on the boat which I don't want to be. Just part of it and it woundn't be a big deal at all if I could use a more powerful cleaner.
Don't get me wrong it's not bad at all and most people probably wouldn't notice it but I see it.

RC_Hinojosa
07-27-2021, 02:41 PM
Chill tech works for sure. It’s kinda strange, initial temps can get hot still, but add a breeze or add pressure to the surface and it drops 25F almost immediately.

The required cleaner is Dawn dish soap 30-1. It works great to clean vinyl.

I doubt the coating will wear off if you follow spraulding recommendations.

Is it worth the cost? Can’t answer that.

Besides cost, the other consideration for Moomba owners is pattern.

If you want to do Chill-tec, there are only two vinyl color choices and the welt itself.

I was initially planning on doing a light graphite/dark graphite with intense green welt.

If I wanna do Chill-tec it'd have to be all dark graphite (w/ green welt).

I'm 90% on the chill-tec....once I can visualize the interior on the builder, that should put me over.

larry_arizona
07-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Besides cost, the other consideration for Moomba owners is pattern.

If you want to do Chill-tec, there are only two vinyl color choices and the welt itself.

I was initially planning on doing a light graphite/dark graphite with intense green welt.

If I wanna do Chill-tec it'd have to be all dark graphite (w/ green welt).

I'm 90% on the chill-tec....once I can visualize the interior on the builder, that should put me over.

Just a heads up on dark graphite chill tech.

In my opinion it’s much lighter than what builder shows, at least on a Supra.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/92f2c899dcff6f74e29519f159a667ca.jpg
I think the Supra black is more like a dark graphite and the Supra dark graphite is more like a light graphite.

Jason1975
07-27-2021, 03:32 PM
I know my dealer said they have no build spots left and the new models aren't even out yet. he said i would have to wait for the 2023 models to order. how the hell can that happen someone please tell me.

larry_arizona
07-27-2021, 03:33 PM
Builder versus reality.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/7570915364929c6e62b6300a8058f0df.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/dddd3bf343c33000051b1f0b66c04140.jpg

BTW there is no temperature difference between black and dark graphite when I measured both colors in direct sunlight.

Vanfamkaiyen
07-27-2021, 04:24 PM
I know my dealer said they have no build spots left and the new models aren't even out yet. he said i would have to wait for the 2023 models to order. how the hell can that happen someone please tell me.

Depends on the dealer, some get more build slots than others. Might meet to try a different dealer if it’s even possible.

RC_Hinojosa
07-27-2021, 05:37 PM
Builder versus reality.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/7570915364929c6e62b6300a8058f0df.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/dddd3bf343c33000051b1f0b66c04140.jpg

BTW there is no temperature difference between black and dark graphite when I measured both colors in direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm not really concerned with temperature....more so lack of visual contrast (monochromatic).